Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

dog buttz posted:

Choosing a lobster and want one that hasn't been in the tank for long? Choose one that has intact sensory tentacle things and intact eyes. The longer a lobster spends in a tank, the more likely it is that their faces will be eaten by other lobsters.

Those lobsters have also been in freezing cold ice tanks to put them into hibernation before shipping. During this time they are shoved into individual corrugated tubes to keep them from eating each other, and survive mainly on each others' feces and the rotting strings of meat from the lobsters who die in their tubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

wow really great, read the whole thing

:grin:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Those lobsters have also been in freezing cold ice tanks to put them into hibernation before shipping. During this time they are shoved into individual corrugated tubes to keep them from eating each other, and survive mainly on each others' feces and the rotting strings of meat from the lobsters who die in their tubes.

time to write a book and become the upton sinclair of the seafood industry

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

vug posted:

the replies itt have got me thinking seriously about being a vegetarian for the first time in a long time, and for straight ethical reasons, not the wishy washy utilitarian argument that animals eat more plants than if you eat the plants directly or whatever

more a kind of, if you start to consider the idea of there being an animal that there is no ethically acceptable way to kill and eat it, and going down that road and thinking, so what animals is it ethically acceptable to eat exactly? etc

Homo-superior. Make ethically choices easy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Everyone knows the food they eat is disgusting and dirty now-a-days though. So long as we know it won't make us sick we're just fine with it. Upton Sinclair wrote "The Jungle" before federal regulation was a thing and directly lead to the creation of the FDA.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

yeah so i'm not gonna watch any of these videos but i just wanna say torturing live octopuses is really messed up, particularly because they are about as intelligent as your pet dog

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

vug posted:

the replies itt have got me thinking seriously about being a vegetarian for the first time in a long time, and for straight ethical reasons, not the wishy washy utilitarian argument that animals eat more plants than if you eat the plants directly or whatever

more a kind of, if you start to consider the idea of there being an animal that there is no ethically acceptable way to kill and eat it, and going down that road and thinking, so what animals is it ethically acceptable to eat exactly? etc

because people think they taste good

i totally understand eating animals if that's your primary available food source, but our society is so advanced and so spoiled that it's totally unnecessary

it is WAY cheaper and healthier to switch to a vegetarian diet, the food is incredibly tasty and rich, and you get to enjoy a wider palette of flavors because frankly the taste of meat overpowers everything else

it's like screamo noise metal vs a symphony orchestra , but for your mouth

people just like what they like and they are too lazy and selfish to try other things regardless of how much better it could be

this is like trying to explain to an illiterate tv-watcher the value of reading books

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
another anology would be teaching you to post good. For instance, its impossible!!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Who wants fugu?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

gently caress the ROW posted:

another anology would be teaching you to post good. For instance, its impossible!!

:eyepop:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Eating meat is the best way to get big and strong, it's what nature intended.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

vug posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAqdh_kLbs
ok let's go full on horror show. words don't really do this vid justice, you have to see it for yourself

At what point is this thing dead?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Toilet Mouth posted:

At what point is this thing dead?

squid brain is near the bottom, so it wouldn't die when he sliced it up. it was still very much alive when he propped it to stand up:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Amateur hour in here: nms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL69mA6k84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFtbyenA5c0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCcUV-Yg-bc

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
i dont think there has been a single thread in the history of the internet that has made me masturbate so much

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
edgy stuff itt

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
rated "crap"

wish a lobster would eat it :haw:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

god i can't believe i forgot about this

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

after i started to see the emerging pattern i actually thought "lol what if they just plopped in an entire fuckin horse or something"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

you mean to tell me whenever i eat lobster im eating lobster that ate other lobster?

thats loving awesome

its like surf n turf but instead of turf its double surf

deal of the century

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eye of round, stuffed with pork tenderloin, stuffed with chorizo, stuffed with lobster fed on lobster. We called it, Mega-boliche!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

you mean to tell me whenever i eat lobster im eating lobster that ate other lobster?

thats loving awesome

deal of the century

you find the silver lining to everything :buddy:

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Foreigers to deny the Japanese culture, please excluded from the life of the hereafter all made in Japan.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

thats loving awesome

deal of the century

I hope you get mad lobster disease :mad:

ugh i hate em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Jesus you must be able to smell this thing for miles.

Rutibex posted:

squid brain is near the bottom, so it wouldn't die when he sliced it up. it was still very much alive when he propped it to stand up:

It's really hosed to be a small marine animal, there's no good way to go. A natural death probably entails getting "engulfed" by a larger predator, who'll then let their stomach acid do the killing.

• Locked thread