Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

let's go pens and cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wow i whiffed on the tag and forgot the letters NHL and GDT. i'm just so amped for hockey !!!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Come on Pens and Wings

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Come on Islanders and Flyers

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

wooooooow crosby's stick was literally nowhere near his head

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sid is not a happy boy

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Teams continue to embellish far more against the Pens than any other team, and the refs continue to happily reward them for it

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

Come on Islanders and Flyers

Et tu, Eric?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Totally spaced on the fact there's a game today. Go Pens please get points please.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Love Kuhnackl drawing that penalty there.

Also sign Sheary Rutherford!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making the playoffs is cool but I've watched them lose in the first round enough times the past few years. I want that draft pick. I'm still optimistic about a 100% Johnston-free season next year.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That was slick move to draw that penalty.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Caps have hit 3 posts so far

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hahaha I love the Pens broadcasters carrying on like Rust/Wilson/Kuhnhackl is the new Lemieux/Jagr/Stevens

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

those 3 must be some ridiculously un-compelling players if those are the best stats ROOT can put up for em

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Eric the Mauve posted:

Making the playoffs is cool but I've watched them lose in the first round enough times the past few years. I want that draft pick. I'm still optimistic about a 100% Johnston-free season next year.

While this is reasonable, rooting for the Flyers is a sin against God and man :colbert:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

those 3 must be some ridiculously un-compelling players if those are the best stats ROOT can put up for em

They're great depth. And they're young. And cheap.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vincent Van Goat posted:

While this is reasonable, rooting for the Flyers is a sin against God and man :colbert:

GO FLYERS

HAIL SATAN

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vincent Van Goat posted:

But you have to consider that... that... that... uh....

okay. yeah. I have sinned. :negative:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
And that was real dumb now :(

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I loving hate the whole "grab the stick to draw a call" thing. I mean that's a penalty anyway but it's one of my least favorite types of "veteran moves". Especially when a stick is barely around a player's hip and they pull it up and tuck it under their armpit.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps bad, should feel bad.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

They're typical recent vintage Penguins forwards: really good possession players (well Rust and Wilson are anyway) but can't find the net with a map and a helicopter searchlight.

This is fine, possession is all you really want out of your bottom six. The Kessel trade is a failure and is unfortunately going to make it even harder for the Pens to finally come up with a couple of top six forwards who can actually turn scoring chances into goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Carl Hagelin is cool and good. Dude works.

He's basically Perron only much faster and not a shithead. Good trade for both teams, Perron is a great fit for the Ducks.

gently caress the Ducks

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Eric the Mauve posted:

But you have to consider that... that... that... uh....

okay. yeah. I have sinned. :negative:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

time to switch to my true love. go cats!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That puck was so close to a 3rd bank goal in a row for the Pens.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

:siren: KUNITZ

what a deflection

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BRING ME THE MUSIC OF KATE SMITH

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

DUMOULIN OR KUNITZ, I'M NOT SURE WHICH :siren: :siren: :siren:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Kunitz is cool :toot:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

SOMEONE SCORED :siren::siren:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kunitz! :woop:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

:siren: Kunitz did a (good) thing!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

This is fine, possession is all you really want out of your bottom six. The Kessel trade is a failure and is unfortunately going to make it even harder for the Pens to finally come up with a couple of top six forwards who can actually turn scoring chances into goals.

Kessel is a good player when the team works out that all he can do is skate fast and launch nasty wrist shots.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Let's go Toronto Maple Kids. Let's try and not get stomped by TB. Also Tampa.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh good I'm in toledo so I have to watch the lovely FSN Detroit feed. :manning:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The Penguins have gotten real good at deflecting the puck into the net? ALSO gently caress Johnston because that shot likely would never have happened under his "system"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

where'd this little mean streak in hubes come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Schlesische posted:

Kessel is a good player when the team works out that all he can do is skate fast and launch nasty wrist shots.

It's possible that he can backcheck or win a puck battle, but he's never tried so there's no way to be sure

• Locked thread