Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
This is some elementary playground stuff right here. And UNCW has uniforms to match.

Quest For Glory II posted:

well, that talking basketball geico ad is already the worst ad i've seen this year

taking it you haven't seen Jim Calhoun shilling for Dove, or been forced to imagine Jim Calhoun rubbing lotion all over himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Probably a bunch of you know this already, but fivethirthyeight is attempting live win probabilities for every game this year: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-march-madness-predictions/

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

Nate Silver, don't you try to tell me that Duke has a 69% chance of winning, I don't want to hear that.

I'm not sold on their methodology, they're giving equal weight to the S-curve and a weird blend of preseason projections alongside other rating stuff, would rather they just stuck to their own ELO guns or a mix of computer metrics. They'll tend to overrate teams that were overrated to begin with.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Always worth remembering UVA's entire system is built around mediocre starts to games and waiting for opponents to collapse from overexertion in the 2nd half.

Butler is set up to give them some real problems though.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Glad Yale is doing well but already worried about them against Duke because Duke plays whiter than anyone.

Good though that the potential Baylor-Oregon matchup looks like a no-go, that would've blinded most of the audience.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Biggest Baylor basketball fuckup since...oh, never mind.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

dear lord

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Little Rock's shot selection guide is just "nononononoYES" all the time

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

meanwhile Buffalo is giving Miami a game

all double digit seeds all the time

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

edit: still have my doubts on these (they had Purdue as an 85% favorite up 3 at the half) but they are strangely beautiful

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm thinking the one where you bring a gun to the court and start shooting the opposing teams' players

i'll allow it

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ah, this is going to be the block with four uncompetitive games.

I mean, Buffalo-Miami is actually decent but it never seems like Miami's going to let them closer than 6 or 7 points.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Benne posted:

This is true. The worst at-large teams get the 11 seeds (and First Four games in recent years). Everything from 12 under goes to a small-school champion.

That awful Georgia team from (checks) 2008 got a 14-seed after freakishly winning the SEC tournament, but that's one of the few exceptions.

SeannieDarko posted:

I know, but some may argue that a FGCU should have a better seed and a Tulsa get a 16.

If the tournament were just the best 68 teams in the country with no conferences taken into account, Tulsa would have gotten in and FGCU would not. Tulsa didn't deserve an at-large, but having gotten one they are clearly better than FGCU and should be seeded higher.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 18, 2016

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Did Larraņaga start using the tilde in his name when he went to Miami, or just in the last year or so, or what? Could have sworn I never saw it there in the George Mason days.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OctoberBlues posted:

You probably already found this but here are many words about it

http://wlrn.org/post/how-university-miami-s-basketball-coach-bringing-back

yeah, I noticed his son added it too. always a proponent of calling people whatever they wish to be called though, so more power to them and whatnot.

this interlude brought to you by blowout-block boredom

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

so you're sure that's the pic you want to go with

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Fresno's bringing it back against Utah, who had really no business being a 3 seed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

It would be really hilarious if Stony Brook was the team that prevented Kentucky and Indiana from getting a game in.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

guys

guys this is so bad

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Arizona has to be wondering how they ended up with Wichita State while Notre Dame gets to play Michigan.

Crimson Sox posted:

so what's the o/u on Arizona?

three gallons

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

I don't think either Providence or UNC has a chance against UNC but it'd be a lot more fun watching USC try.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Metapod posted:

The gently caress is wrong with Providence coach's hair?

treasure map

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

wow, Syracuse-Dayton tomorrow is really getting the day started right, huh

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Seton Hall shooting a robust 37.5% from the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Odd day. Wichita and Gonzaga are more down to the committee loving up seeding than anything else but I guess Little Rock and Yale will do for now. Roll on day 2.

• Locked thread