Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Rucka's Punisher run really needs an omnibus treatment. I mean it lead us to this

Was that Rucka or waid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dunbar posted:

I like Red Wolf a lot and I will be sad if (or apparently, when) they cancel it.

They made a mistake removing it from the great world they created in Secret Wars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Archyduke posted:

I would like to like Ennis just because, hey, his politics seem a lot different than mine and it doesn't hurt to read stuff from the other side of the tracks now and then, especially if its well-done (having to come to terms with Ezra Pound and Carl Schmitt helped me out a lot professionally for example) but I can never get over his insistence on rape as funny and in particular the trope of a wimpy male character getting sexually assaulted to show that he isn't tuff enuff to bark with the big dog protagonists or whatever. I remember this really bugging me in the Barracuda arc, along with a strong sense of discomfort with Barracuda himself as "huge sexually insatiable hyper-mammal black guy" racist schtick.

Every single one of his gay characters are also problematic as they all seem to be sexual deviants

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Is there a Moon Knight going? I seem to remember a decent one before SW.

A new one by Lemire is coming

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wait, they're cancelling Abnett's bad Hercules run and then giving him a miniseries to continue to write Hercules badly?

Might not be cancelled just mini series like they did during secret war

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DrProsek posted:

It will come out a week after Scarlet #8.

(IE no, we don't)

I thought it was coming out at the same time as Daredevil: The Target #2

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

After Byrne leaves the books are a mess for years. They don't really recover until Big Time.

So you hated the Jenkin's run, jms, and brand new day? It was not good until Slott was the sole writer?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Jenkins never wrote on Amazing.

I thought he was talking about the entire spider-man line. I remember Jenkin's having a pretty good Peter Parker run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It totally has nothing to do with the movie that is coming out where he has the black costume

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, but the group is literally made up of people who are objectively good, save Songbird. Is SHIELD really worried about Squirrel Girl, White Tiger, Wiccan, Hulkling and Sunspot, all people with histories that are nothing but positive?

Sunspot was a member of the MLF, brainwashed but part of it. Wiccan has ties to Scarlet Witch. Hulking ties to kree and skrulls too races who have tried to invade multiple times. They have also taken over AIM a known terrorist organization.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Clone, LMD or long-lost twin? Taking all bets!

Created by the living cosmic cube as hinted by the last page

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

I also have this question. Unless the implication is being drawn from the Tommy Westphall homage in All-New Avengers.

Yeah that's were I am getting the assumption. It's a cosmic cube and that fucken thing can do anything

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If anyone wants to read some kick rear end Black Panther, the Kirby and Priest runs are on sale on comixology

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Cap sure gets a lot of plot developments from Cosmic Cube wishes.

Both his current partners are there due to cosmic cubes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Doom eats pizza with a fork and knife.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Doom isn't that evil.

Richards also claims he has tiny hands

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

You know we're gonna open up a portal to the Negative Zone and load it up with bad dudes.

Tony Stark for President?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

We're gonna make the X-Men GREAT again!

Going to sell Lockjaw steaks

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Squizzle posted:

Consider carefully if you want to call that era of X-men great when two of the three main books were written by Chuck Austen and Modern Chris Claremont.

Part of it was also Carey's run and X-force!!

Is the Jurgen's cap run any good?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 18, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's quite possibly the weakest thing Jurgens has ever done.

But how does it compare to other cap runs?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Go check out Dan's Teen Titans run. It's marvelously horrible.

Teen titans are a special case of awful

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Squizzle posted:

How in the gently caress did my brain decide to write Marv Wolfman when I was thinking of Mark Gruenwald, the obvious choice for above-average but still apt to leave your rear end unblown-up comics? :catdrugs:

Reagan as a snake and the us agent storyline are pretty great.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

After reading some squirrel girl i wanted to read some more funny meta stuff so I picked up Gwenpool even though I don't read any of the spider or deadpool books and I actually ended up really liking it. I normally would think the art would be kinda too cartoony for my taste but it fits the tone of the book well. I guess she's a brand new character and I know nothing about the writer so hopefully it'll stay good.

Do you read Howard the Duck?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

I'll only read Howard when and if they bring Beverly Switzler back as his girlfriend. :colbert:

Guess what the last page of the issue before the crossover was?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

This is my face while I'm loving you in the rear end :kiddo:

Stop reading Playduck

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

What? Seriously? Is she back? :wth:

Howard the Duck 5

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Picklepuss posted:

Oh my. Yes... yes, I will be buying Howard the Duck #6.

6 is the crossover, 7 is the adventure in the savage land, and 8 is the Beverly issue, unless the blurb at the end is just loving with us which is possible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I've never read Howard the Duck in my life, is that supposed to be Lea Thompson's character.

Yes, and you should read Howard the duck. Start with the original series as its prime Gerber.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, I was so happy to see that, becuase that is one of my favorite friendships in comics. Though I'm curious where Squirrel Girl, Hulking and Wiccan are.

They were teleported somewhere, and we will find out more next issue

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The handful of issues of SHIELD I read were pretty good, the first one where Fitz asks if Valkrye is the new Thor, then the issue were Simmons goes undercover as one of Kamala's teachers, and then the ones where everyone was being turned into Mindless ones and they hung out with Scarlet Witch.

Those were written by Waid. The new writer is not as good as him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

X-O posted:

If you've been reading Standoff, there's realistically only a few people it could be. There's Rick Jones, Kobik if she's able to be turned around, the SHIELD Agent that was in charge of Kobik (kind of how Wendell Vaughn got it in the first place), or less likely some other superhero/villain present that comes out of nowhere to get the Quantum Bands. I mean they could make a go at Rick Jones being another different hero. But I'm guessing it's either Kobik or her handler.

Kobik is going to be in Thunderbolts, if she falls into Kraven's trap!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is captain America and Falcon good?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

And I hope they last more than 12 issues.

Soule had already written over that

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

Man. I'd love a new take on the Sentry that handled his mental issues more accurately and with something approaching respect.

Remember when its revealed that Rogue had sex with him?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There's a very, very long fan fiction about it.

The Fallen sun one shot?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DrProsek posted:

I finally got around to reading this week's Avengers Standoff, and I'm totally ignorant of the SHIELD agents outside of the really major ones like Fury, Hill, Coulson, etc but is Kincaid a character we're supposed to know? Either way I don't really care about her becoming Quasar but I'm just curious if she is a character people know and like and I'm just unaware of her, or if she just kinda showed up out of nowhere.

New character

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

That seems like a really terrible idea. The place is swarming with demons and poo poo. What happened to the old school location?

Cyclops did something everyone hates them, there is the m-pox, and decided they needed a new place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Ben Caldwell is SO GOOD. Dude can draw a dragon smashing a forest and two near-identical-but-distinct women having a quiet conversation and make them both look dynamic, and the colouring fits it perfectly. I also really like Kelly Thompson's voice, and despite that we have 2 different Avengers-adjacent team books with a magical little girl on the team, Singularity comes off unique, with the odd but endearing cadence to her speech.

Thunderbolts.... oooh, boy. Writing is solid enough that I'm in for the first arc, but Zub really only cares about Bucky and the girls thus far. The other dudes are basically interchangeable. Fixer is there for exposition, and Erik and Abe are.... also in some panels. Kobik is cute but with an edge, and Moonstone feels maybe a little TOO Moonstone-y, given the 'stopping in the middle of a fight to psycho-analyse one of the mooks' beat. But yeeesh, that art. At best it's bland, and I'd almost call it a 'house style' if Marvel actually had one these days. At worst you get awful stuff like Karla posing in her pyjamas for no reason.

Was it as tasteful as her statue?

New Avengers is awesome and I loved every page of it.
The Plunderer + Terry + Squirrel Girl was so so great.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 4, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vision was so so good this week. It sucks that we are more than halfway done, and it looks like his emotions are not completely erased like he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sextro posted:

So I skimmed around trying to see if this was asked recently so forgive me if I missed it. But I'm not much of a comics reader, I just dip in and out of cool series I like. Last time I looked there was some big ongoing intertwining plotline between Avengers and New Avengers involving the various universes colliding. It seemed really neat, but I figured I'd sit and wait for it to be collected.

Has this happened? What collections do I buy to have this, what tie ins are essential, what can I get digitally and what can I wishlist in hardback?

New avengers, avengers infinity, and secret war by Hickman. It's all in digitally and in trade. The tie ins are relates to secret war a be are Thors, siege, and whatever one catches your eye.

• Locked thread