Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i use a brita filter and a zerowater

the tapwater in my city is perfectly fine, i dont have a problem with hard water, and i dont live in flint

despite all of this i use filters for tapwater and ive never really questioned why

Goons: am I the only one or has my whole life been a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
No I don't, and I'm honestly certain that the reason I never get sick is partly due to a strengthened immune system from drinking so much tap water.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

at work we do, because chlorine in the water isn't good for the yeast and you need the yeast to be good to make the beer

at home i drink rainwater and its nice and doesn't need filtering, although i think the pump has a filter of some sort

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
p sure those are just taste filters

I use them if the water tastes bad

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i drink from a well on a pristine hill top so i fear ive no need for your water condoms

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I chug Flint water straight from the source. I think its given me superpowers or something.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
what lead you to such a conclusion

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaquin posted:

Hi mistakes the fact he has permanent explosive diarrhoea from colon cancer as super powers.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

spud posted:

Hi mistakes the fact he has permanent explosive diarrhoea from colon cancer as super powers.

Hey! How dare you reveal my deepest secrets?!? You better not be aligned with evil Dr. Smith, the proctologist.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Happy Bear Suit posted:

i use a brita filter and a zerowater

the tapwater in my city is perfectly fine, i dont have a problem with hard water, and i dont live in flint

despite all of this i use filters for tapwater and ive never really questioned why

Goons: am I the only one or has my whole life been a lie?

I use a pitcher filter. I don't regret it because look at flint. These morons drank lead for years without realizing it.

Look at the fracked houses with water that lights on fire.

ALl in the US of A.

Also my water tastes like poo poo if I dont filter it. GJ chicago.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shaquin posted:

i drink from a well on a pristine hill top so i fear ive no need for your water condoms

I poop in your well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't use water filters but 90% of my water intake is beer, gatorade, and soda.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I drink from a well that basically pumps pure calcium so idk smoke 'em if you got 'em

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
My wife uses one. I use it too, but I use it sarcastically.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I drink 5 to 8 gatorades a day so I don't even need to drink water.

e: I do put the Gatorade through a Brita pitcher filter first tho

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I only drink rain water or grain alcohol.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i was at a friend's place tonight and he only drinks from a brita filter so he was absolutely horrified when i got a glass of water straight from the tap cuz im a real man hoooorah

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

the great deceiver posted:

i was at a friend's place tonight and he only drinks from a brita filter so he was absolutely horrified when i got a glass of water straight from the tap cuz im a real man hoooorah

When you start to lose all your hair and your teeth go soft from drinking lead water let us know hot it feels to be a real man

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
tapwater probably fine, the pipes and taps however , lol who knows

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Our tap water here is delicious. Filtered water tastes the same as unfiltered from our taps, bottled water actively tastes worse than our tap.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

The government fuckers add iodine and some weird minerals into the tap water here so I need a good filter on every tap to make sure that poo poo doesn't get into my system. One has to wonder how these people are still allowed to govern after making such laws.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I have a Brita but I mostly drink from the tap. I tell myself to use the Brita for making coffee and for the pets but mostly it just sits there.

Does Brita remove lead? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Iook at the fracked houses with water that lights on fire.

That turned out to be idiots drilling water wells into methane deposits.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I only drink chemically pure H20 from a private distillery. I have to keep a salt lick in my house to prevent water poisoning, but it's worth it to know I'm protected from dangerous contaminants.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I use a Brita but mostly only because I can keep it in the fridge and I like my water cold.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I'd never used a water filter until I moved to my current apartment. The city water is good, but the pipes in this place must be made of old pig intestines from the 1930's. My Brita tap improves the taste by like 1000%.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i drink piss water from straight out the terlet

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-WT1-Drinking-Water/dp/B000FBMAVQ

These are really useful for testing your tap water for all kinds of impurities. Personally I do this once a month to make sure the filters are working and that there's no weird poo poo in the water I drink. You should always make sure your drinking water is clean before you consume it, especially now when many countries are starting to put mandatory chems and minerals into the water supply.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I use a water filter it's called having kidneys you pussy rear end ho .

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Shaquin posted:

noice

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Cnut the Great posted:

i drink piss water from straight out the terlet

Why dilute it with lovely, unfiltered water?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i use an expensive device that infuses my water with positive energies. it's very good for my aura

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
they're trying to sap my essence so of course i must filter

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

LordArgh posted:

i use an expensive device that infuses my water with positive energies. it's very good for my aura

dont forget your chakra!

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

I drink from a well that basically pumps pure calcium so idk smoke 'em if you got 'em

Same. At least it's free :v:

Uncle Salty posted:

Does Brita remove lead? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Lol absolutely not. If you run plastic bottle vodka through like five of them you end up with something that almost tastes like a good vodka at a price that's not at all worth it though!

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i don't trust government standards (flint lol) and 98% of my fluid intake is water so i have a faucet filter

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I use filters because I live on a farm

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

rezatahs posted:

i don't trust government standards (flint lol) and 98% of my fluid intake is water so i have a faucet filter

Good call, someone should give faucet filters to Flint so they can filter out the lead. I wonder why no one has thought of that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Kinda wondering whether you can install a water filter on the output too. Like a nice ol' Brita filter over your penis, so nobody can get their hands on your precious bodily fluids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Kinda wondering whether you can install a water filter on the output too. Like a nice ol' Brita filter over your penis, so nobody can get their hands on your precious bodily fluids.

its bvest just to recycle them imo

• Locked thread