Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
What kind of Wizard, Magician, Warlock, or Witch would you want to be?

I know EXACTLY what I would do but I'm not going to tell you cause you'd steal my cool sick idea and try to be like "yeah I'd do that too."

Go ahead post yours and maybe when I close the thread I'll tell you all my slick cool idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*checks casio* witching hour aproaches *double checks* fag

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think you can magic someone into liking your bad posts.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Well you're in trouble then haha!

naem
May 29, 2011

two chicks at once

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I would do card tricks, only with real magic.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i would finally try out this "magic: the gathering" if it weren't for my crippling anxiety

any kind of gathering really gives me a case of the howling fantods

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

naem posted:

two chicks at once

So some kind of illusionist?

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
I'd probably build a sick wizard lair/tower in the mountains by my city. I'd have an awesome talking familiar that I would use as my envoy like a great horned owl or a jaguar or something.

If I was, like, the only wizard then I would take over the world & kill anyone who disagreed with me. I'd probably end up being Chairman Mao type evil.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i'd be a Fatty Mäjgoo

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I live in my tower in the woods where I can summon all the cheetos and mt dew I want.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd want the ability to make people poo poo themselves like that part in KOTOR.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Like I said in our world. YOu guys would need to buy land, get contractors to build that tower, and that costs money. You better have a job. I'd imagine it would be regulated and require licenses and safety courses too.

Also you're not the only wizard so no taking over the world because no one else has it. Imagine we alll live in the same world and posters from GBS for some reason get the magical powers.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

I cast gigantus in my pantus

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I'm upset that people aren't taking this thread seriously b/c I probably spend at least 5% of my waking life thinking about this very subject.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
>uses psionics to steal OP's secret

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

GirlBones posted:

I'm upset that people aren't taking this thread seriously b/c I probably spend at least 5% of my waking life thinking about this very subject.

Then its your time to shine!

SirEvelynTremble posted:

>uses psionics to steal OP's secret

You learn my secret but it does not apply to psionic powers so you are boned and envious.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Like I said in our world. YOu guys would need to buy land, get contractors to build that tower, and that costs money. You better have a job. I'd imagine it would be regulated and require licenses and safety courses too.

Also you're not the only wizard so no taking over the world because no one else has it. Imagine we alll live in the same world and posters from GBS for some reason get the magical powers.

I'm pretty confident that I would be the most powerful wizard. And even if there are more wizards than just me, I disagree with the idea that I would need to go through mundane channels to construct my tower. I would magic it into existence and dare anyone to tell me I can't.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i would finally try out this "magic: the gathering" if it weren't for my crippling anxiety

any kind of gathering really gives me a case of the howling fantods
MTG is cool and good and fun and god i am so pathetic

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wayne curr posted:

I cast gigantus in my pantus

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Actually, that seems like a trivially easy thing to do under most any fictional system of magic that's ever been devised.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

GirlBones posted:

I'm pretty confident that I would be the most powerful wizard. And even if there are more wizards than just me, I disagree with the idea that I would need to go through mundane channels to construct my tower. I would magic it into existence and dare anyone to tell me I can't.

So you would be using some kind of Conjuring powers? Are you saying you'd be a conjuror? That'd be taxing and require resources to still summon. You can't get something for nothing! You'd probably need at least some high quality gems and gold to convert into the tower.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

Actually, that seems like a trivially easy thing to do under most any fictional system of magic that's ever been devised.

cnut ive beeen drinking quite' heavily'

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I am already the dream warrior.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man posted:

I am already the dream warrior.

dude................

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
id be the erection wizard capable of getting erections at will

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What kind of magic? Harry Potter magic where some people are just born literally superior and capable of expressing something plebs aren't, and this somehow lends itself to an odd anachronistic way of life that's frankly a bit shittier than what we have?

Is it A Song Of Ice And Fire magic where it's all symbolism obsidian-kills-ice-demons, fire kills ice zombies, but the good guys are secretly bad guys and loving _nobody_ understands how the magic actually works and it's probably all an effortless expression of a malevolent fat Diety locked in an eternal struggle with his suspenders?

Is it a more egalitarian force anyone can manipulate, like can I read a spell that lets me siphon energy from a crystal and blast it into the skull of my foes?

Can I be Gohan?

These are the questions you gotta answer before I can discusss the particualrs.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

So you would be using some kind of Conjuring powers? Are you saying you'd be a conjuror? That'd be taxing and require resources to still summon. You can't get something for nothing! You'd probably need at least some high quality gems and gold to convert into the tower.

No, pretty much all it requires is some arcane knowledge and finger wiggling.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

GirlBones posted:

No, pretty much all it requires is some arcane knowledge and finger wiggling.

how many fingers do you have to sacrifice for this? Lotta fingers imo

hemophilia posted:

What kind of magic? Harry Potter magic where some people are just born literally superior and capable of expressing something plebs aren't, and this somehow lends itself to an odd anachronistic way of life that's frankly a bit shittier than what we have?

Is it A Song Of Ice And Fire magic where it's all symbolism obsidian-kills-ice-demons, fire kills ice zombies, but the good guys are secretly bad guys and loving _nobody_ understands how the magic actually works and it's probably all an effortless expression of a malevolent fat Diety locked in an eternal struggle with his suspenders?

Is it a more egalitarian force anyone can manipulate, like can I read a spell that lets me siphon energy from a crystal and blast it into the skull of my foes?

Can I be Gohan?

These are the questions you gotta answer before I can discusss the particualrs.

Gohan / Goku really aren't magicians though they use martial arts. I suppose you could argue chi and stuff is magic though so if you wanted to be some kind of chi wizard sure.

Harry potter is dumb and stupid to smoke, but if you wanna be some lameoid with a wand that requires a wand and magic words you could probably perform at children's birthday parties.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Orkin Mang posted:

cnut ive beeen drinking quite' heavily'

i can't drink....i was born without an esophagus...very sad.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cnut the Great posted:

i can't drink....i was born without an esophagus...very sad.

this is Job level....may i slam a shot for u, my brother??

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Microwaves Mom posted:

You learn my secret but it does not apply to psionic powers so you are boned and envious.

It's ok everyone he's just a level III Butt Witch nothing to worry about

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I would transmute all the poo poo into gold and devalue it entirely

not beccause of inflation but because everyone is now gold and I no longer have anything to live for

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The kind that can kill people through thought, I would abuse the hell out of that.

naem
May 29, 2011

stabbing

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
a loving Necromancer is there even any other choice

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

stabbing

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i would be the wizard of sound effects

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

I would transmute all the poo poo into gold and devalue it entirely

not beccause of inflation but because everyone is now gold and I no longer have anything to live for

You madman.

You guys all have these lofty dreams.

Let me tell you what the life of a real magic user would be like.

I went to school for as a guise of a cleric but in reality I dabbled in necromancy and used the practice cadavers they gave us as animated zombies and skeletons to do my bidding.

When I graduate top of my class I pay off my student loans by playing video games 24/7 while my crew of zombies, ghouls, and skeletons work jobs IRL for me. They don't need food, insurance, or anything just do menial labor jobs for me like work fast food, and graveyard security shifts. (Heh graveyard)

I'd research a phylactery on the side so eventually I could make myself some immortal lich that lives for millions of years and can continue to just chill and play video games while my workforce does what I command it to.

I mean we got grlllbones thinking you can just make anything from nothing. Someone doesn't even know what reagents are Clearly they got sucked into going to like Dumbledore University or some poo poo.

Shaquin posted:

a loving Necromancer is there even any other choice

SOMEONE GETS IT!

Meanwhile me and Shaquin livin the sweet life doing nothing but chillin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lmao

• Locked thread