Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool, it's a new thread. Hey, people reading this when this thread is like a thousand pages long, check out Quokkas.

The Quokka is a small cat-sized mammal that lives on the small islands off the coast of western Australia, where they are pretty much completely left alone by the local wildlife. Since almost no humans live out on those islands, the vast overwhelming majority of Quokkas have never seen one and thus have no fear of people. But even then, Quokkas don't do anything and they probably don't taste good so people that do live around them just leave them alone. They have no fear of anything, really; the only real natural predators of the Quokka are birds, which they can get away from by hiding in the forest, and foxes which they can hide from by burrowing in the dirt/sand. They're so friendly, in fact, that people take selfies with them.

Here is a really really emo-scene dude with a heart of gold feeding some Quokkas leaves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FEtKPRxYEs

edit: I should note that you are legally not allowed to touch the Quokkas so 3OH3 McBullet-For-My-Valentine up there is incurring a 300 buckaroo fine by palling around with them but it's not like the Quokkas care.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 08:02 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

A renaissance classic, updated.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dude this cat has jaguar fur what the gently caress holy poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:stare: I need one in my house

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kwyndig posted:

Yes, well fourth generation pet quality crossbreeds tend to start at a thousand dollars.

I'd rather adopt a dozen tabbies.

:stonk: I don't need one in my house that bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MisterBibs posted:

Canada geese are not cool or cute, they are winged assholes who understand that humans are not allowed to kill them.

True, but watching this man engage in mortal kombat with a goose has become the highlight of my evening one way or the other.

edit: im the second goose watching from the sidelines just in case his brother in arms needs an assist

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Megaspel posted:

[a 150 mb gif]

Dude, seriously.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In case you are concerned this is photoshopped, by the way, it is most definitely a real huge-rear end cat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

kalstrams posted:

No problem with that gif on mobile.

It's an imgur link, all he had to do was add a V to the url and it'd become a webm. Watch this arcane magic:

http://i.imgur.com/ECpclhS.webm

edit: vvv or you could make sure you're posting the correct link so you don't inline a fuckin 150 mb gif, perhaps.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Mar 27, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gabe is the best dog :shittydog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lX4dcRXFvA

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cash crab posted:

MORE NOODLE CATS PLEASE

aight

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I see your ferret with lack of jump determination and raise you a ferret that thinks it can do anything*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkHbC1RSjv8&t=18s

*it's wrong, but still, points for trying.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wanna touch those beans

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes, a chemical found in most spice sticks to your taste buds and tells your brain that what you're eating is really hot, depending on how much of the chemical there is. Your weird human brain interprets the chemical as painful, but acknowledges that what you're eating is food, and so it's like gently caress dude I dunno I guess this is a good thing and releases positive endorphins in response. So if you lack the receptors on your taste buds to tell your brain that stuff, spicy food won't taste hot to you. Birds and probably a lot of animal species' lack those because it's not like they encounter wild roaming gangs of hot sauce bottles or whathaveyou.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

When the cloud of rabbits clears, only a skeleton will remain.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Busket Posket posted:

The other day, I posted here about the passing of my cat, Dead Kitty.

We took her body to the local Cat Doctor today, because they do little cremations. The vet there took the box we brought her in, walked to the back, but soon came racing back out as I settled the fee.

The vet does brief checks on each kittycorpse before processing. This cat had been in there since Saturday, hadn't moved or made a peep, but she detected a faint heartbeat.

By some grace of something, a liter of fluid later, some steroids and antibiotics, and a nebulizer treatment, she's now asleep in the doorway to my bedroom.

Her name is now Lazarus.

woah :stare:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Since we're posting cats now, here's mine, her name is Toffee:

Currently she lives at my mom's house but when my sister moves out she's going to take the cat with her. She was a stray that we took in a year or so ago because she was so skinny and sad looking that my sister refused to leave her. I'm kinda glad we did because she turned out to be like the most affectionate cat I've ever seen.

She's teeny tiny, always has been, both in width and height. We haven't ever been able to figure out why but boy is she cute.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Apr 23, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
PUT ME DOWN, HUMAN, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO DESTROY YOU! FEAR ME!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ball Pythons also look terrified of everything but it might just be the disproportionately huge eyes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo nubby tail cats own, just thought I would mention. Thanks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Just a coupla guys looking to see what's going on in this thread

Hi ho there, neighbor.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This has got to feel real weird for the dog. I mean, imagine you perceive a solid object in front of you to the point where you still think the solid object is there when you put your hand on the thin air where it would be, only to discover that it isn't when you go directly through it- still remaining unaware that it isn't actually there until you're all the way through.

And like, maybe dogs don't have the mental capacity to conceptualize what I just described and so it doesn't seem weird to them, but I don't know if that's more or less scary to think about.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 23:43 on May 5, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My local owner-run record shop has a cool cat named Truck that lives there:

She's got a cool bandana.

The cat became so noteworthy in our town that someone made this cool as poo poo promo poster for the store featuring her:

which was sold as purchaseable memorabilia in the store for multiple years.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I need more information about the fluffy white thing next to Truck. Namely, can I have him/her?

That's the other cat that lives there iirc, moved in relatively recently. I cannot remember its name off the top of my head. Haven't been there in quite some time. I do know it's got sick chinese kung fu master eyebrows though.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 07:33 on May 7, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
ITT scientists raise dinosaurs and pretend they're birds to get them through customs

I see through your ruse.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Even freaky nightmare creatures like bats deserve love.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Everyone's a critic

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ice, ice, doggy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That seems more like an "I HUNGER..." face than distress to me personally.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't understand how capybaras can be so chill. They just don't seem to mind anything. How do I be like a capybara

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From imgur today:

http://i.imgur.com/QVBpij2.webm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

cash crab posted:

Inquiring minds

Holy poo poo, my cat isn't the only one that does the "sit on a high place and tilt the head" thing???

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I enjoy her company, she's a real goofball.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zero One posted:

Petting zoo babies

Ohhh myyyy gooooooddd

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm sorry this isn't a cute puppy or Capybara, but this used to be called Cute and Uplifting thread, and I found this pretty uplifting.

The premier of Victoria recently formally apologized in Parliament to everyone jailed or even charged under our old anti-homosexuality laws.

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/apology-to-those-convicted-under-unjust-laws-against-homosexual-acts/

But best of all I like this quote from his speech:

"If you are a member of the LGBTI community, and there’s someone in your life that you love – a partner or a friend – then do me a favour:

Next time you’re on a tram in Melbourne, hold their hand.

Do it with pride and defiance.

Because you have that freedom."

drat, those are some powerful words. And they're right, not many governments have owned up to their treatment of lgbt people. It's still (relatively) early on in the movement so there's still time, but this is a major step.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Can I say it? Is it really time, after all these years? On the end of my fingertips it feels like I'm greeting an old friend.

longcat is looooongggg

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dienes posted:

BaronVonVaderham and I adopted a sphynx kitten today.

Soooo many wrinkles! She feels like a velvet hot water bottle :3:

I goddamn love ballsack cats

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/735928952498356225

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

don't talk to me or my son or my son or my son or my son or my son ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The screaming one has its hands on its hips like it's already training to be a sassy parent

"AND WHEN ARE YOU GONNA BRING HOME A STRAPPING YOUNG HUSBAND FOR ME TO MEET, HUH? BAAAAWWWK"