Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

olin posted:

I've been driving with Uber since July. Did about 500 trips until last month. My rating over those trips was 4.83 out of 5.

I recently moved to a spring break destination. In the past two and a half weeks I've done 204 uber rides of almost all college kids on spring break. It was basically as busy as New Years Eve every night. Because of the huge demand from all the spring breakers Uber was surging a lot of the time. Surge=low rating. These rear end in a top hat students always want to cram 5 or 6 people into my car. When I don't let them they rate me 1 star. My rating has gone from 4.83 to 4.71 in the past few weeks. If a drivers rating falls below 4.7 they are deactivated by Uber.

I enjoyed driving for Uber for the most part but these entitled asshat college kids have destroyed my rating. Probably getting deactivated very soon.

you looked like poo poo, i gave you a 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Im sorry stuff is lovely op, that sucks.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I've never actually seen the movie Soul Plane, but from what I gather it's about a Black man who starts his own airline for Black stereotypes.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

OP did you post this from your phone while driving because that's probably why you're getting bad ratings.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Also OP are you aware of how averages work? See if you rate someone a 3 or a 4 you don't want them deactivated, you want their average score brought down, if most of your rides are a 5 and one person hates you and gives you a 1 it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe you are just a lovely Uber driver and should be deactivated.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I do understand you guys hating Uber. Uber is a totally unethical company. They have dropped their rates all over the country. It went from $1.80 a mile to $1.15 a mile here.They pay the drivers in Detroit 30 cents a mile. They are using Detroit as a petri dish to see how low they can put their rates and still get people to drive for them.

I understand that Uber sucks. I was just using it as a part time gig to make a bit of extra cash on the weekends.

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane
become one with a driver who looks like super mario if only for the knowing it procures your buddhist tenure.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I guess you'll never be the "head" of a major corporation, OP :smug:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I blame these terrible kids and not this terrible company I work contract for

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

voting this thred a 1 because i am a millennial whatever the op was talking about

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

olin posted:

I do understand you guys hating Uber. Uber is a totally unethical company. They have dropped their rates all over the country. It went from $1.80 a mile to $1.15 a mile here.They pay the drivers in Detroit 30 cents a mile. They are using Detroit as a petri dish to see how low they can put their rates and still get people to drive for them.

I understand that Uber sucks. I was just using it as a part time gig to make a bit of extra cash on the weekends.

Sure I know it's wildly unethical but I was benefitting from it in the short term so it's ok!!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

olin posted:

why are you complaining then you freaking retarded idiot

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
How 'bout you get a real job while you wait for the whole retard spring break to roll over and then go back to Uber afterwards.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

olin posted:

is that extra cash going to make up for when you get in an accident and lack commercial insurance?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You should start the goon driving company Puber.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

LordArgh posted:

is that extra cash going to make up for when you get in an accident and lack commercial insurance?

I have commercial insurance.

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Unionize. Work union, live better you dumb-dumbs

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i dont know why people get so mad about uber lol. chill out?

ive never met someone who disliked uber who actually used uber, only people who have never used uber hate uber. like are taxi companies paying you? can i get in on this?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The guy who killed a bunch of people had a 4.73 rating:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/02/22/uber-driver-had-great-rating-before-killing-spree/

Are you going to kill people, OP?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
B-but what if government regulation is actually bad?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

You could always do exactly what you're currently doing and be an unlicensed taxi. Just get credit card processor phone attachment and drive around asking people if they need an uber ride. You don't have to say you no longer work for uber because uber is a word.

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."

EugeneJ posted:

The guy who killed a bunch of people had a 4.73 rating:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/02/22/uber-driver-had-great-rating-before-killing-spree/

Are you going to kill people, OP?

If you do I need you to swing by an address for me and start there.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

More like güber

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

olin posted:

Same but I was breaking into people's houses and threatening then with grisly sexual crimes unless they gave me a 20

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
voted thread one please fire OP from posting

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

voted thread one please deactivate OP from posting

FTFY

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

ive never met someone who disliked uber who actually used uber, only people who have never used uber hate uber. like are taxi companies paying you? can i get in on this?

If you are really dumb you probably only know other really dumb people and you all go IDK an app for a cheap taxi seems fine to me and your thought process stops there because you're really dumb.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

When given a rating scale from 1 to 5, nobody ever bothers using a rating other than 1 or 5. Almost as if they don't want the same people driving for them long term.

Do I need a car to drive for Uber or can I use a rickshaw or a bicycle trailer or something because that sounds like it would be fun to do for like four hours.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I have never used UBer once in my life and guess what: I probably never will.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I used to be an Uber driver, OP, but I got deactivated because of my severe diarrhea problems.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Hey guys did you notice people who find thing bad don't use thing, people who don't find thing bad do use thing - a genius of our time

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Applewhite posted:

I used to be an Uber driver, OP, but I got deactivated because of my severe diarrhea problems.

HAha, sounds like you.... worked from home.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

olin posted:

quit your job at Uber and do the thing where you offer to drive tourists from the airport to their hotel, but actually drive them to a shop in the middle of nowhere and refuse to take them anywhere else until they buy something

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When given a rating scale from 1 to 5, nobody ever bothers using a rating other than 1 or 5. Almost as if they don't want the same people driving for them long term.

Do I need a car to drive for Uber or can I use a rickshaw or a bicycle trailer or something because that sounds like it would be fun to do for like four hours.

You need a car and it needs to be new enough and nice enough or else you can't "contract" for Uber, because it's common for contractors to dictate what equipment the contractee needs to use to do the task they elect to do under their own free will

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

quit your job at Uber and do the thing where you offer to drive tourists from the airport to their hotel, but actually drive them to a shop in the middle of nowhere and refuse to take them anywhere else until they buy something

I used to do this but instead of a shop it was my rear end and instead of buying something they had to put a coin in it and make a wish.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Sheep-Goats posted:

If you are really dumb you probably only know other really dumb people and you all go IDK an app for a cheap taxi seems fine to me and your thought process stops there because you're really dumb.

this is what im talking about, there is like nothing to be mad about, and yet you are?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So what happens if you get deactivated, OP? Do they remote detonate a bomb implanted in your spine, or is it more like a vial of acid that causes your body to liquefy?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'd only rate my driver a 1 if they hit on me or tried to convert me to Christianity which was way more often than it should have been

pastorrich
Jun 7, 2008

Keep on truckin' like a novacane hurricane
I've never used uber. bah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Applewhite posted:

So what happens if you get deactivated, OP? Do they remote detonate a bomb implanted in your spine, or is it more like a vial of acid that causes your body to liquefy?

they send in a couple of deactivators to saw most of the way through your steering rod, and when the app senses a sudden velocity change it remotely turns on the camera pour encourager les autres

• Locked thread