Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't even own an Uber :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You should start your own cab company, OP and run Uber out of business.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do the thing from the movie "Soul Plane" but with an unlicensed taxi.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I've never actually seen the movie Soul Plane, but from what I gather it's about a Black man who starts his own airline for Black stereotypes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I guess you'll never be the "head" of a major corporation, OP :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Shaquin posted:

voted thread one please deactivate OP from posting

FTFY

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I used to be an Uber driver, OP, but I got deactivated because of my severe diarrhea problems.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So what happens if you get deactivated, OP? Do they remote detonate a bomb implanted in your spine, or is it more like a vial of acid that causes your body to liquefy?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I'd only rate my driver a 1 if they hit on me or tried to convert me to Christianity which was way more often than it should have been

I had a cab driver try to convert me to islam once.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm booking an uber driver right now and I'm rating him a 1 without even getting in the car.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

at least that would have been interesting

I always knew when it was going to happen because I'd get in the car and they'd have the Christian radio station on and I'd be like :sigh:

had one guy hit on me AND try and convert me after I told him I was a lesbian that was a fun time

Maybe he thought that if he converted you the power of Christ would turn you straight and then you would date him.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

hmm i didnt think to compare uber drivers to making GBS threads in a diaper, this is a good point that i didnt consider previously.

The metaphor is apt.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I wouldn't date any uber driver that hit on me because it's mega creepy to hit on people you don't know who are in your car and can't escape you

Did he at least lock the doors immediately after asking you?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
At least you still have AirB&B to fall back on, OP.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

One time my Uber driver parked across the street from my house instead of under the porte cochère and I'm like, no, I'm across the street where the big sign with the address on your phone is and he insisted that he couldn't go across the street and I would have to come meet him.

I gave him 1 star, I hope he was deactivated, what an rear end in a top hat.

lol what's the matter, spend so much money on your condo that you can't afford your own car?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I only ever voted a driver lower than 5 one time and that's because he was ranting about Jews, the Chinese, biblical prophecies, and "Obongo".

I hear that's pretty much the only reason any Uber driver is rated less than 5.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The last time I took an Uber car the driver had covered the entire dashboard in scented candles and the glare from the flickering flames made it impossible to see out the windshield and the smell was so bad I started to puke and couldn't stop puking constantly until we reached my destination. Also he stopped suddenly and several candles fell into my lap, scalding my genitals with hot wax.

I rated him a 4.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One time I took an uber ride but the driver was so fat he took up both the front seats and also he farted continuously.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EngineerSean posted:

Gonna copy this business model except it will be named Boober and only hot chicks can drive for me.

I will invest $1000

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
A few night ago me and my three friends took an Uber back from the club and one of us left him a "present" in his back seat ;) . Also rated him a 1 and dumped our Gatorade down the back of his shirt as we fled the car.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One time we played a prank on an Uber drive coming to pick us up r by telling him our driveway was holographically disguised as a solid concrete wall and told him to just drive straight into it at top speed and he would pass through unharmed. The idiot actually believed us :xd:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Minimalist Program posted:

Lol but my best uber experience ever was when I ordered an uber to come pick me up but then by the time they called to say they were at my door, I'd risen through the ranks of the post WW1 political scene in Germany and become the reich chancellor and launched the invasion of Poland.

I guess you could say you'd become an "Ubermensch" :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If you ride alone you're riding with Mohammed.

• Locked thread