Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Pens actually played better that period than they played all night against the Devils, the Red Wings just played better. Neither team can hold the zone longer than 10 seconds at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Captain Internet posted:

You know that old saying that if you can't find the drunk uncle who calls the sports players "bums" and yells at the TV, that you might be that person?

I am aware that I am in fact 'that guy'.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Pens actually played better that period than they played all night against the Devils, the Red Wings just played better. Neither team can hold the zone longer than 10 seconds at a time.

I thought the Pens stank tbh. Horrible defensive zone coverage, and piss poor decision making in the offensive zone.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

VJeff posted:

Andreas Athanasiou is good tbh

Ive been saying this for years but no one would listen. :colbert:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So just for fun I checked and the highest drafted player on the Wings right now is Larkin at 15th.
gently caress the Wings' drafting success.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

:siren: Kunitz!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Nice job Christopher

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Butt goal!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
bank WOOP WOOP

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Infidel Castro posted:

Go.......ugggggghhhhhh.........P............hrnnnnnnngggggggg.........Pittsbur:barf:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I know Steiggy and Errey get a lot of poo poo but these Wings announcers don't seem to be all that much better.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I thought the Pens stank tbh. Horrible defensive zone coverage, and piss poor decision making in the offensive zone.

Maybe, but as a recovering pessimist myself I try to be aware that it's not ALWAYS that your team sucked, sometimes the other team plays well.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
drat Eichel with a snipe

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Eric the Mauve posted:

Maybe, but as a recovering pessimist myself I try to be aware that it's not ALWAYS that your team sucked, sometimes the other team plays well.

Not only that, your team can play realllly well and still lose.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

lol, Crosby was pretty blatantly hooked about 5 times that shift before the refs finally sighed and blew the whistle

People who call Crosby a whiner on hfboards are mostly too young to remember that Lemieux used to go apeshit both during and after games over that stuff way more than Crosby ever has

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

:siren: Letang! A career high again!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Tanger! :siren: :siren:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Wow, my stream is like 30 seconds behind :stare:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

WOW half slapper low side blocker...snipe?

Edit: 5 hole LOL. That was straight out of the 80s.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

That was lolbad goaltending by Mrazek, standup style straight out of 1988

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Wow, my stream is like 30 seconds behind :stare:

Same. But it let me watch that whole play anticipating Letang doing something.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hagelin set Kessel up with a good look from between the dots and Kessel passed up the shot and passed it back to Hagelin. You expect that from Crosby but really weird for Kessel.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hagelin set Kessel up with a good look from between the dots and Kessel passed up the shot and passed it back to Hagelin. You expect that from Crosby but really weird for Kessel.

Kessel started winning battles on the boards, so he had to give up his SHOOOOOOOOOT instinct.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rust does that little chip off the boards as well as anyone I've ever seen do it.
He really reminds me of TK a bit, before he got old and broken.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

:siren: Hagelin!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Swaggy Haggy! Woo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Erry day I'm Hagelin :woop:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hey look, a guy Ken Holland could have had scored against his team.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It is really really really really enjoyable watching Carl Hagelin play hockey in a Pittsburgh Penguins uniform.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mrazek appears to have some trouble on his left side.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

2 point night for Kessel too :)

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Neodoomium posted:

Hey look, a guy Ken Holland could have had scored against his team.

Why would he want Hagelin? He has a very primo, choice choice Abdelkader. Just so substantial.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fire Justin Abdelkader and also Ken Holland

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Earning that contract babyyyyyy

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Only like 8 more years

Edit: Sheahan just hit the loving rafters a 2 on 1 from about 4 feet. That is an astonishing level of incompetence

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I guess it would be against kickstarter's TOS to try to raise a fund to have Tocchet whacked, huh?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hot drat what a snipe by Phil

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

:siren: Kessel! A 3 point night!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Earning that contract babyyyyyy

You think they would've learned with Franzen but nooope.
Luckily power forwards only get better with age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I do not believe I have ever seen a powerplay unit give up shorthanded chances quite like the Penguins do.

• Locked thread