Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I said that 34 times in the consulate challenge mission. It made a pub angry and spouted things in mic for two minutes.

Rick_Hunter posted:

That wall is going to get patched right the gently caress up in about a week.

"To patch a console game map, you have to download the whole universe"
- Arthur C Clark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bill NYSE posted:

Spent almost 45minutes getting through Russian Consulate last night with pubbies and one guy left at the penultimate shootout after several wipes. I ran backand had to use the wall glitch on a set of closed doors to get alllll the way back to the beginning, so I could invite ONE more person and finish things.

Is that neccesary? setting the group to public works for me. But you need to convince the new player to kill himself and wipe, so everyone spawn again.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Reverse Centaur posted:

Is there any point to doing anything right now if all our stuff is gonna be irrelevant on the 14th? I'm basically unkillable with decent teammates as it is.

I say makes sense to upgrade all your gear to HiE ilvl31 or good rolls ilvl30, so when the incursion and other changes are available, you are ready for them.

Maybe trying different stuff until you feel at home fighting level 32 elite mobs in DZ06.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bill NYSE posted:

You know, as soon as I hit lvl30, I wasted crafting on my first gold -- that sidearm pistol that isn't worth two tugs of a dead dog's dick.

The good thing about the pistol is the ability to inflict bleed, so you can slow down runners.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hockles posted:

I matched up with some randoms for Russian Consulate on Challenging. It's hard. We spent two hours slogging through, and then finally gave up after 5 or 6 tries at the rotunda about 3 or 4 checkpoints in.

Theres only one enemy in the game that is hard to kill. And is shotgun rushers.

Each phase of the Russian Consultate is about 3 shotgun rushers in the first wave. Once you killed them, is just a battle of attrition, or hugging walls.

Killing the shotgun rushers is not hard, and I alone can kill two.

In some cases (the circle room), if you backtrack and hide behind a table, they lose interest and return to the low stairs, so you can return and revive people.

Shotgun rushers are not terminators, is relatively easy to stun then temporally with fire / gass / flash grenades. /remote flash demo charge kit.

Strangely, I have more luck in this mission with groups that are a bit more agressive than normal. Using cover agressivelly make you very tanky.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Shoren posted:

I have a far worse time with heavies than I do shotgun rushers. The shotgunners have low health despite their high DPS, so as long as you can tank a hit or two they're not an issue.

The heavies, though, just walk straight at you, terminator-style, and have so much health it's too hard to handle them if they push you back too far. I've have a lot of times on Lex with a pub group that we got pushed all the way back into the elevator on the roof because the two heavies just waltzed right up to us and didn't give a poo poo.

This is weird. To me heavies are like big lazy cats that I can get behind and scratch in their back. I usually reserve something like fire bullets or explosive bullets so they die fast. They seems to shot only in one direction so if two people are attacking from two different directions, one of them can get good headshots or even aim for the small explosive bag so they do the small bullets dance.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

So... what the best way to gear up?.

I don't have many friends that play this game.

KFBR392 posted:

Dude wait until you get a second piece, let alone all four.

The multiple piece bonuses are loving insane bruh. I run 2 striker 4 sentry and elites just disappear.

looks good :D

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

KFBR392 posted:

Another anime guy exploiter/cheater. Good poo poo.

This game lacks a attractive tsundere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

titties posted:

Also where are the destructible environments, dynamic reflections and global lighting, and accumulating snow / weather-impacted environment?

Snow accumulate on top of players if they stay idle too long in a place. I have notice it at least once waiting for a incursion to start. And he lighting is fantastic.

Destruction-anything, not so much, but we have seen this generation of consoles can't quite deliver the 1080p60FPS that has been standard in the PC for many years. Maybe the Playstation 4.5 will be able to deliver some of these effects without losing quality.

• Locked thread