Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Brine posted:

Anyone want to cheese the Lincoln Tunnel guy later tonight at like 9:45 or 10:00 EST? I will be hanging out with a sleeping baby for a couple hours so might as well be productive. PSN - brianisnotdoug

I'm on board with this. I miss raiding with you and the rest from Destiny. PSN: Seul-Luna

Also, if anyone is interested in farming Hornet at the end of the Russian Consulate or generally grinding DZ ranks add Seul-Luna. I'm usually on after 17:00 PDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Even badly rolled I now prefer the MP5 N to the Vector. 60 rounds is just better.

Suck it Vector scrub lords

My purple AUG that Bullet King bequeathed me is better than any Vector I can roll from the HE blueprint. Wish I had used those birdbux on something more useful like a HE weapon mod blueprint.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Do you just want to cram as many people into the mission as possible or farm Finch with a large group? I think Lexington has the best challenge mode this week so you might be better served to try setting up for that (plus you can get a rad pink weapon skin for killing Larae). Either way, I'm interested in trying this glitch out. PSN: Seul-Luna

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

this little bastard posted:

Want to just run finch with as many people as we can get, I'd rather do the tunnel since Finch has HE SMGs in his loot table. But I do want those pink skins so we can do some of that too.

HE tables for the challenge modes, I think the tunnel is better overall for gearing up:

Lincoln Tunnel (Finished): Shotgun, SMG, Pistol/Sawn-off, Magazine, Backpack, Glove, Primary Stat Mod
Russian Consulate (Finished): Marksman Rifle, LMG, Assault Rifle, Scope, Performance Mod
Lexington Event Center: Marksman Rifle, Pistol/Sawn-off, Muzzle, Performance Mod, ?

OK, I'm down with that. For logistical purposes we might just want to limit the group to how many people we can have in party chat. I was farming Finch last night with Lunchboxx, LowPartz, and brine, and the biggest problem we had was Finch jumping off the truck and out of our LOS. Having 30 goons won't necessarily make it run any quicker.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

What are some good skills to run with during solo DZ? Right now I'm just using the same PvE stuff I've been going with (pulse +dmg and sticky +radius), but I'm guessing one of the heals would be a good choice?

Also which tech skill does everyone enjoy using? I haven't unlocked the seeker mine yet, but I can't decide if I like the turret or sticky bomb better (might be an easier decision once my aim with the sticky bomb gets better).

I'm on Xbox if anyone wants to add me,

oldmanbernard

For soloing the DZ I would recommend self heal with overheal. Before you engage a group you can pop it for a second health bar and by the time you need to heal again the skill should be refreshed.

For me, turret and sticky bomb are situational depending on the crowd control I'm going for. If you have a chokepoint and a problem with rushers then the flame turret is great for locking that down. Sticky flashbang refreshes a lot quicker, but also doesn't stun enemies as long.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

What is the advantage of ilvl 31 vs 30? Just better stats?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What's a ilevel?

Item level. It's different from your actual level required to equip stuff. You can figure this out by looking at something (like a gun) and scrolling through its stats to the bottom where it has the ilvl.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Currently supergrouping on PS4. Add Seul-Luna and join in on the shenanigans!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

ericthebear posted:

I have the following dumb questions:
Is there still a loot cave?
How can I be in these supergroups?
When should I start DZ for optimalness?
Can I sue ubisoft in the event of divorce?

Loot cave: yes, but it requires a bit of set up so you can farm the boss of a mission. I'm sure this is high on their list of things they'll fix soon so hit level 30 asap.
Supergrouping: not necessary to farm loot, it's more of a fun gimmick where you can steamroll tough missions through sheer numbers. You'll need at least 5 people to set this all up though.
Dark Zone: you can start this at any time, however right now there's hardly any reason to do it beyond griefing pubbies. The loot you can get in the DZ is poo poo compared to what you can get in normal missions.
Divorce: I'm not a lawyer, but yes, you can sue them, however your compensation may be entirely in Tom Clancy's The Division in-game credits, so knock yourself out.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

JetsGuy posted:

Any of you cool PS4 dudes doing Hornet farming tonight? I'd love to join with my 130K having vector bum rear end.

I want to see if it's more efficient than farming Finch once set up. I'll be ready after 17:00 PDT PSN Seul-Luna

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Brine posted:

Since it may get patched at some indeterminate point does anyone want to farm Hornet tonight around 10:00 EST? PSN - brianisnotdoug

I'm in, too. Let's supergroup if we have more than 4 people because that's supposedly going out the window, too.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Sorry LowPartz, Brine, et al, I picked up at least 15 yellows last night farming Hornet :getin:. My scavenging was at 185% (and 193% after I picked up another scavenging mod partway through) so it definitely does have an effect on your drop quality. Most of those yellows were sights with +range on them so they were mostly useless, but I did get a HE Black Market AK and an LVOA with sustained and +crit damage.

If they didn't patch out the farming methods, then the best piece of advice I can give for farming Hornet is to keep everyone to the left of the gate and shoot out the wall. This way you can fire in when Hornet spawns and he'll stand there like a bitch and let you kill him without taking cover. Dedicate one person with the worst aim/DPS to die and reset the encounter because the wall damage is pseudo-clientside and resets when you respawn so they can't fire through again. It's ridiculously lucrative.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

KFBR392 posted:

165k/90k firearms stam with 65% armor DR is the current gold standard. drop your electronics.

but yeah this might all change

I shifted my gear around once to push my stats into firearms/stamina and with my skill power as low as it was the first aid skill would only restore 1 to 1.5 bars of health. With all my stats hovering around 2k I can go from being at death's door to full overheal with first aid. Was my game bugging out or is there another way players are healing with low skill power?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Tei posted:

Theres only one enemy in the game that is hard to kill. And is shotgun rushers.

Each phase of the Russian Consultate is about 3 shotgun rushers in the first wave. Once you killed them, is just a battle of attrition, or hugging walls.

Killing the shotgun rushers is not hard, and I alone can kill two.

In some cases (the circle room), if you backtrack and hide behind a table, they lose interest and return to the low stairs, so you can return and revive people.

Shotgun rushers are not terminators, is relatively easy to stun then temporally with fire / gass / flash grenades. /remote flash demo charge kit.

Strangely, I have more luck in this mission with groups that are a bit more agressive than normal. Using cover agressivelly make you very tanky.

I have a far worse time with heavies than I do shotgun rushers. The shotgunners have low health despite their high DPS, so as long as you can tank a hit or two they're not an issue.

The heavies, though, just walk straight at you, terminator-style, and have so much health it's too hard to handle them if they push you back too far. I've have a lot of times on Lex with a pub group that we got pushed all the way back into the elevator on the roof because the two heavies just waltzed right up to us and didn't give a poo poo.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

I just hit 30, wrapped up all the story missions. I don't see any daily missions despite the game telling me they're unlocked. I also don't see anything on the advanced weapon vendor that can be bought for bird coins. Is there something I'm missing?

Daily missions are currently broken because reasons. You want the Special Weapons Vendor, upstairs in the tech wing, next to the calibration table, not the Advanced Weapons Vendor. Clear as mud, I know.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

You really only need to pay attention to five different values: raw weapon damage, overall crit chance, overall crit damage, health, and total armor. Three out of five are located on the character sheet and I'm pretty sure most people don't look at that screen unless they're looking for their scavenging percentage.

The DPS calculation takes into account too much hypothetical damage. Like that you'll be able to control an unruly gun and score mostly headshots with it. This isn't like other MMOs where your hit chance is a hard number and you just need to select an enemy to attack. If you can't shoot then your DPS is meaningless.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

I could get in on trying out the incursion. I should be available any time after 17:00 PDT. PSN: Seul-Luna

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Eh, the core game is fun, but the developer is completely mismanaging it and new problems keep compounding on the old ones regardless of the system you play on. I'm just glad I didn't buy the season pass right now :v:

I'm putting the game down for now hoping it'll get better in the future. Ratchet and Clank just came out, and Uncharted 4 and Mirror's Edge are on the horizon so at least PS4 isn't starved for good games right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Redundant posted:

I might get an answer that isn't whining in this version. Do set pieces have RNG to determine quality or are all set pieces identical?

Set pieces are not identical. You'll get different bonuses on them, stuff like turret damage, sticky bomb damage, those kinds, but the set bonuses for having 2 or more pieces will always be the same. Gear score is always the same, too.

• Locked thread