Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm going to be watching
Bakemonogatari
Patlabor
Both!
Neither
View Results

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm at the Bakemonogatari simul

I'm at the Patlabor simul

I'm at the combination Bakemonogatari and Patlabor simul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm happy that the majority of people are gonna try both, but concerned that a good third of posters are only interested in patlabor

It's easier to coax non-mecha folk into watching a thing with robots, than the other way around.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

Bake is also a fairly popular modern show that more people have probably already seen

True, but in this case I prefer the more cynical interpretation :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Actually Tarantino Movies and the -monogatari series are good for different reasons.

They both have really good dialogue though

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'll try to make up for the lack of posts, but I won't be liveposting!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Some things are fun to watch in a group like that, but I posit that -monogatari is not one what with how much attention it demands.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jostiband posted:

Is it background stuff that can slip past the radar, or more of a Tatami Episode 1 kind of thing?

Both, since the dialogue can be fast at times and also in true Shaft fashion there's stuff that will be on screen for all of a second.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

I've never bothered to pause it, though it's interesting if you feel inclined to. Basically, don't worry about it too much if you're coming into it fresh.

Yeah it's not important in the grand scheme of things, just something you let wash all over you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

HellCopter posted:

I hope y'all are watching the Blu-Ray versions. They really pretty it up.

As for the "out of money" comment, it's also partly due them adapting a super word-heavy novel. Any other studio would've wasted this material.

There are definitely other people that could do a good job in that regard

It would be hella different but I would love to think of what could happen if Yuasa adapted it

• Locked thread