Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm going to be watching
Bakemonogatari
Patlabor
Both!
Neither
View Results

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

Was there any kind of livestream thing figured out where everyone can watch/chat as it's going on?

Rabb.it can apparently stream hulu/CR stuff, somebody just has to host. the CR version of gatari sucks though so it would be a better option for watching Pato. though synchtube has some way you can stream files on your pc that i haven't checked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Relin posted:

the first patlabor ova is so BORING

you can just vote the thread a 1 and leave without posting, dude

anyway i'm hyped to watch both of these! Pato is still fresh in my mind but Bake will be a nice refresher (and i look forward to the simul of its other seasons, which i haven't seen)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well Gotoh definitely isn't ugly

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

I'm disgusted by the lack of gay Pato art it's a travesty!

:same: :sigh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Linnaeus posted:

Why would it be dead?

lots of people made long bets in the probation raffle thread. i dunno how much that will actually impact the activity in here though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I do suppose that a livechat with/without a video stream would be nice to have. Now will Patlabor be airing at the exact same time as Monogatari, so that we would have to choose between one and the other? Should there be separate chats in that case?

the schedule is in the third post. we watch gatari on monday and wednesday, and patlabor on friday. a stream or livechat would be nice if somebody wants to set that up, though the former probably isn't super kosher.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Namtab posted:

I'm pretty sure the small text is just narration from the books

yeah there's a segment from the novels in episode 1, at least. other times it's just dialogue

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I figured, just askin'. I know Japanese isn't a world language like English is, but it's not like I knew what 'Aishiteru' or 'Daisuki' meant when I was in high school.

hmm...your power level was low

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i will support Squark

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean idg how you'd somehow make it through two hours of the show and a) not see what it has going for it (nisio's witty dialogue, otherwordly and varied visual style, shinbo directing, great OST) and b) be completely turned off by a single tasteless line

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the goon food analogy meme

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

It seems weird for someone to decide that they, personally, did not find something gross enough to justify someone else entirely making the decision that they didn't want to continue watching that thing. If that bit puts Condiv off *gatari, it puts them off *gatari. :shrug:

yeah, that's my bad and i unfortunately didn't have a ton of time to go back and fix up my post afterwards.
the point that they watched and presumably found something worthwhile in the first two hours stands, which answers the question of "how is this supposed to be any good?"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the artist droyer hates because of their sameface

they draw good shows/ladies though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm only on Nadeko Snake, but all the wall conversation around Suruga Monkey made me really want to understand what Hanekawa would consider Araragi's wall. i don't think i fully grasp it yet, but part of it seems like his single-minded intention to be responsible for and solve Oddities. he doesn't involve others in creating the solution, and this exacerbates the problem (Mayoi) or is actively detrimental (Kanbaru) in addition to straining his relationship with Senjougahara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

darkgray posted:

I believe Hanekawa is referring primarily to his past couple of years as a high schooler, refusing to make friends at all. He's starting to open up as this story begins, after the vampire incident.

oh, i guess it's harder to tell when there isn't context for him before Bake yet.

• Locked thread