Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Gary "Eggsy" Unwin struggles with a chaotic home life in working-class England brought on by his abusive stepfather Dean and harassment from local thugs. His concern for his mother Michelle and his half-sister prevent him from confronting Dean directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
A man reconnects with his family and rekindles his former passion after a fantastical journey that sees him pit his skills against those of his would-be rivals.

Mr. Belpit fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 31, 2016

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
In a time of crisis, a famous troupe of entertainers must accept a new woman member as an equal.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
An easy one for people like me who suck at this (since I guess my last one was too hard for people to even guess at it):

- A large mining corporation proves to be crucial in rehabilitating a paraplegic military veteran.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Bingo :)

crowoutofcontext posted:

A hard-working lawyer becomes consumed by his work on a tropical island.

Jurassic Park.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Wurzag posted:

An incredibly lucrative business venture has to be totally abandoned after a community outreach attempt backfires horribly.

edit: oh, we're spoiler-tagging guesses? Alright.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

kizudarake posted:

A businessman deals with a malfunctioning ATM.

American Psycho

DoctorStrangelove posted:

A group of friends sneak into the premier of the year's hottest movie.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

MrSmokes posted:

A tragedy happens and a lot of people get killed because those involved don't know how to handle it like civilized men.

Dr. Strangelove

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

ScrubLeague posted:

Man gets hit by a car on his way back from the donut shop.

Pulp Fiction

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Some posters are less describing by tertiary details, more describing by main plot, but vaguely. The game this thread's become works either way I guess.

steinrokkan posted:

A pair of ill-prepared holiday goers embarks on an innocent quest to find neighbours willing to lend them some groceries. But when their clumsiness leads them to lose the little they had managed to gather, their efforts turn frustrating, and unexpected hijinks ensue.

Withnail and I

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
This might be a softball, but:

A mother dismisses and belittles her adult son's claims to have seen his father - long presumed dead - dressed as a homeless man.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

A homeless man becomes a central figure in a community reform movement.

Stab in the dark here, but UHF?

...or maybe Dark Knight Rises? :haw:

Mr. Belpit fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 7, 2016

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

A botanist is accidentally stranded by his fellow explorers on a hostile planet

One would think it's The Martian, but it's actually E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
A marksmanship champion thinks she's found her long-lost biological brother and mother. Just as she's about to betray her lover, she learns her "mother" is actually her mother's twin sister, born 10 years later and who killed the real mother, and her "brother" was adopted.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Ryoshi posted:

Friends-turned-rivals reunite at the Olympics, finally forgiving each other after the younger friend embraces his inner child.

Not sure this fits exactly, but My Way?

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
I posted a few way, way back in the thread that I reckon were too vague to even get guessed, so I'm reposting them with extra clues.

First:
A man rekindles the passion for his former vocation after a fantastical journey that sees him pit his skills against those of his would-be rivals. Meanwhile, facing a crisis, a famous troupe of cartoonish comedy entertainers must accept a new woman member as an equal.

Second:
A marksmanship champion thinks she's found her long-lost biological brother and mother. Just as she's about to apparently betray her lover, she learns her "mother" is actually her mother's twin sister, born 10 years later and who killed the real mother, and her "brother" was adopted. Her lover knew she was honest when she shot him at point blank range. They are pursued by a man who takes his Diet Coke with no ice.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Red Oktober posted:

Absolute Hail Mary here Belleville rendezvous?

Not quite, but that was a hell of a connection to make!

The aforementioned entertainment troupe is predominantly (entirely? I don't remember) male, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Keromaru5 posted:

An ape gets drunk on berry juice.

King Kong vs. Godzilla

Keromaru5 posted:

Some hippies throw an environmentalist rally at Mt. Fuji.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah

Keromaru5 posted:

The commander of an alien invasion is told he forgot a couple of things.

It's really bothering me that I can't remember which one this is, though...

• Locked thread