Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
I am going to keep tabs on this thread and I know I will hate myself for it.

Opposing Farce posted:

If Ian Flynn has one real strength as a writer, it's that he's pretty good at making really dumb characters fun by giving them a sense of humor and an actual personality. And honestly, given how dumb all Sonic characters are, that's pretty much the exact quality you need for this comic.

One of the worst things about Penders, aside from his descent into madness, was his habitual nature to just flood the comic with tons and tons of characters, which often ended up with a bunch of extraneous palette-swapped OCs just hanging about doing individual jobs like pressing a button or flicking a switch on some unnecessarily complex machine, or they'd just hang about with nothing to do. Guy had no idea how to make a story flow by way of having too many similar looking characters being in different places doing different things, and it quickly became very difficult to follow.

Then Flynn came in and introduced bizarre concepts like making it easy to follow and stories that made sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
I can't believe you guys remember all those awful weird names.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009
Don't die already, thead.

I'm only looking at this again for the first time in ages, but it's like a really well done 3-panel story, and with a gurn.

We are all Eggman here (Sonic X).

Of course, the logical end point was always going to be

• Locked thread