Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Brutal way to end Stamkos' season. Brutal injury for hockey as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I hope Auston Matthews goes to the Oilers.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dandy Kaiser posted:

this is legit going to happen and it's going to be tremendous and it's going to be amazing watching him and larkin will them to a bunch of 6-5 wins when their defense is still a heaping pile of fresh steaming dogshit

He is going to the Oilers, it has been foretold.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a racist pole posted:

I looked but couldn't find a database of blood clot patients that are also professional athletes that was sorted by sport.

It seems like Hockey and Basketball have the most which does heavily bring into the question the ammount of time spent traveling. Interesting theory I heard from basketball fans was instead of one game and leave play two games over three days to decrease the amount of travel.

Tampa Bay (and Florida) do have further to travel than other teams, which gives the theory more backing.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Aye Doc posted:

i think you mean to say, drunk driving is ok if it's for the purpose of destroying tim horton

Harsh.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
John Scott has been called up by the Canadiens.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Overwined posted:

Anyone out there in RAS looking to heap on more self-loathing onto this already abysmal season, check this out:

Justin Bieber figuring out that he should tour around for the purpose of traveling to every NHL rink and getting free jerseys is one of the smartest things he has ever done.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Great game for Detroit tonight, a shutout win for the Red Wings, and we get the taxbase revenue boost from ticketing drunken, belligerent Flyers fans.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

I'm half convinced somebody in the front office is pulling his strings. It makes so little sense for him to win a championship in the AHL with these guys then go "Well, gently caress all of you, go ride pine for Jonathan Ericsson."

There was some friction in the locker room with Blashill trying to act like Babcock instead of being his own man.

Koopa Kid posted:

It's so weird how Detroit's lineup decisions and bad signings didn't improve once Babcock left. Someone close to the family said it was all his fault.

Is Dan Cleary on the Red Wings' roster right now?

Is Tood Bertuzzi on the Red Wings' roster right now?

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 9, 2016

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Citizen Tayne posted:

Throwing the ball at batters is necessary for the health of defensive players and has been done for 150 years. I have no idea why people that post on this stupid hosed up forum scream about it so much.

said the guy angrily posting about it in a hockey thread

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Red Wings made the playoffs, and I am happy about that. I am happy for 2+ more games at the Joe this year.

Molson brought back Stanley Cup rings in the beer containers this year. Same rings as last year though.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

I guess I'm going to be drinking Molson this season :rip:

It's only in Canada though. So you might want to make a trip to Windsor, over to the Beer Store.

And to Racicot Chrysler. Come see me, Leo, at Racicot Chrysler

racicot chrysler
amherstburg

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

The Joe started selling Smith and Forge cider for $8/16oz so it's not terrible to have some decent swill but man i'm a huge sucker for trinkets

heck yeah, I've been meaning to go to some thrift shops over there to see about scoring some second hand leafs gear. Though on second thought i have a feeling most of Windsor are Wings fans

edit: a terrible snipe

The Leafs are the #1 team in Windsor, by far. Canadian city supports a Canadian team. The Wings are #2, alongside every other Canadian team.

More Tigers fans when compared to Jays fans than Wings fans when compared to Leafs fans in Windsor.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 10, 2016

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

Oh I meant for Windsor, not for Toronto :v:

I meant Windsor too, my mistake.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

hell yes time to score some sweet deals then :3:

The Leafs logo change means all Leafs merchandise is vintage now.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Tyler Johnson has been knocked out of their last game, he is in the dressing room. Shoved into the boards by Greg Pateryn, Michigan Man.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mike Works posted:

Lol, if only I could tell you the direct impact I've had on Gordie Howe's health. Stupid security clearance stuff.

- gave him a giant birthday card
- prayed with his family
- cheered him up
- helped get the golfcart he was on into an elevator

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gio posted:

i can't wait for the asinhowe biopic and Gordie Howe is a central figure to his early years. you all won't be laughing then.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is cool.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Red Wings: eleven titles
Tigers: four titles
Pistons: three titles
Lions: four (pre-Super Bowl) titles

Far more championships in Detroit, and the Lions (the Lions!) have more championships than the Penguins. Truly a shameful stat for the Penguins.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vicas posted:

i had no idea poo poo licky was a red wing

For a short time last year.

And also, that's only guys that played a playoff game for Detroit. No Mike Commodore, for example.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gio posted:

bob loving essensa

1994 veteran playoff goalie, there to give some experience in nets with rookie goaltender Chris Osgood winning the job eventually.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Kings lost to Winnipeg in a shootout tonight, allowing Anaheim to win the Pacific with any kind of win over Washington tomorrow.

Oddly enough, the Kings haven't won a division title since 1991.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That was their only division title. Ever. They have more Cups.

This is a weird weird team I root for.

Before the last five years, the Kings having one division title was only slightly weird, considering how Edmonton/Calgary pretty much won the '80s, but you would think Gretzky would win more than one division title in LA.

After five years of Cup-winning play, it's really bizarre that these Kings never won the division once.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonz posted:

Datsyuk apparently told Mitch Albom he's leaving the NHL after the playoffs.

I am crestfallen. :(

That does not necessarily mean that will happen!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Schlesische posted:

Does anyone have a close family member connection to corroborate this rumour?

Mateen Cleaves had a great time at the game, you guys.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I will not be surprised if Datsyuk leaves this poo poo team, he's probably tired of his 12th straight year of carrying around a loving boat anchor on his line. I can't wait to see what Holland does to combat this, probably another year of Brad Richards, and maybe Hudler comes back for 4y/24m. There will be 7M+ in new cap space!!

Not necessarily. The Wings are stuck with the cap hit unless they trade his rights.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tusen Takk posted:

Honestly I'm glad that Datsyuk is leaving because the way he hobbled around in my store leads me to believe that movement is misery for him

Indeed.

It seemed like next year would be his absolute last year anyway, before everything else.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

For real though, Big Mike needs to bring Yzerman home. Write a check, I'll go buy a hot and ready.

Stevie is like an additional child to Mike and Marian.Ilitch. He still is in contact with the family, still has his house in Michigan, his daughters go to Michigan, and I'm very sure he wants to come back at some point. If and when Stevie wanted to come, room would be made one way or another.

The old joke was that Holland would retire when Lidstrom retires, but that obviously didn't happen, unfortunately.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Half of this group isn't the best fit for this loving group

DeKeyser is a fairly responsible 2nd pairing defenseman at best, but looks amazing, because the rest of the defense is a garbage barge floating listlessly out to sea

Like a garbage barge floating down the river towards Ohio.

Speaking of sending our garbage to Ohio, let's see what John Tortorella would give Detroit for Justin Abdelkader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

i am the bird posted:

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=877482

Full schedule is out. I'm not sure why I can't find it on the NHL website, but Detroit has everyone.

I'm going to try to go to Game 4 in Detroit, I think.

Detroit has everyone because we're the best.

I hope all of the promotional graphics that feature Red Wings players in white uniforms mean we're wearing white at home for the playoffs.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

e: there's golden gloves at Barclays on 4/18 which is why they have to have that 3-day break and that fucks up my whole week goddamn it loving Islanders

Brett Yormark strikes again

• Locked thread