Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Eric the Mauve posted:

A player might be suspended! -> What kind of player? -> Superstar -> Crap. Has he ever been suspended before? -> Yes, even though he is a star we suspend him often. -> Really? -> Really. -> Dammit, Keith! -> 1 game

It's extra funny when you remember that of course the Old Pronger isn't going to suspend the New Pronger more than one game. And this certainly is effectively a one game suspension.

Is Keith really the new Pronger? That's a hell of a compliment (also Keith is what, 50 pounds smaller?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CBJSprague24 posted:

N for BHAS: Brandon Saad picked up his first career hat trick tonight, one of the Natural variety, no less.

V: How did he not get at least one with Chicago with that juggernaut?

Kane didn't have one until this year, somehow. :iiam:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So when's the last time that an American lead the league in points, had a minimum 100 points, or did both? I'm guessing modano was most recent? Roenick had 107 in 94

Edit: modano topped out at 93pts in a season, wow. Pat lafontaine I forgot was American and hit 148 but none of them ever led the league

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 3, 2016

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fits posted:

apparently first american player with 100 points since weight 20 years ago

Man that's crazy. It's also pretty surprising Kane had such a leap in goals this year, almost 50% above his previous high.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Aurora posted:

Panarin is now top 10 in scoring with a 3-point night.

It's very likely he's going to remain in the top 10 because he passed Tyler Seguin and Blake Wheeler, so look forward to the gigantic firesale upcoming for the Blackhawks :v:

They need to give the second line nothing but defensive zone starts until the end of the regular season

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nail Rat posted:

Huh, you're right, I'll be damned. But only if St. Louis *also* loses out. Otherwise the Hawks host the Stars in the first round and the Blues host the Wild.

Of course, facing the Stars in the first round is probably the actual death sentence for the Hawks.

At least it'd be a fun series. Since success for the Hawks is measured in Cups at this point I think they'll have to face the Stars at some point, so I'd rather do it sooner rather than later.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fits posted:

Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers*

Florida Panthers vs. New York Islanders*
Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Detroit Red Wings

*NYI still has a game to play and switches with NYR if they get at least a point

Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild
St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Los Angeles Kings** vs. Nashville Predators
Anaheim Ducks** vs. San Jose Sharks

**LA will face Nashville if they win tonight, if they don't win Anaheim has a game left and can potentially switch with them

Oh boy the blues again, so exciting

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Koopa Kid posted:

I'll never forget how many Hawks fans were totally convinced that some team would solve all their problems by taking Bickell last offseason, and then the crazy meltdowns on Twitter when they traded Saad/Sharp.

It's quite possible they get eliminated by the world's most boring hockey team in the first round so the doom and gloom was justified. Hell, if panarin hadn't had been phenomenally good as a rookie they'd have had a terrible year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Are all the blackhawks games going to start at 9pm again this year? Guess I picked a good time to be unemployed but man I hate the late weeknight starts

• Locked thread