Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So, like, even the Devils organisation doesn't get where the devil in their name originates from?

Didn't Pat Robertson (or some other idiot) condemn devils fans for witchcraft or something like a decade ago? I may be thinking of a pickle article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DJExile posted:

I think it's a play on the old Leeds Devil/Jersey Devil folk tale.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It isn't The Devil but a jersey devil. And it's in the logo as well. The logo is a NJ for New Jersey and also a representation of the Jersey devil (horns, wings tail, general shape). Makes sense with a side by side:

Underrated as far as clever NHL logos go, IMO.

Plus, everyone knows Satan is a Hawks fan.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, that'll show him! He could go last boy scout and get slapped with a fine.

gently caress the NHL.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars going to pick up two wins or St Louis won't, given the blues have a much tougher couple games remaining. Either way I look forward to the blood of a wild stars match up and top hats melting down and getting banned.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

larkko posted:

This Patrik Laine is pretty good, I guess.

His two goals in the same period against Kärpät today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusQmfBiOOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLzzyC1tpI

The velocity on those shots is absolutely bonkers and it's crazy how quickly he gets the wrister off for that second goal.

E: That stick flex on the slapper. :shittypop:

So, yeah, that settles the worst jersey debate.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Second round should just be reseeded instead of this divisional two round nonsense. If the two best teams are in the same division they can't face each other in the finals, which is dumb.

Anyway, hockey does not suck and the playoffs are shaping up to be fun this year. I mean, unless we somehow get a cats-kings matchup. I mean, I like the fancy cats and their plastic rats, but they can be pretty boring to watch.

Dallas-Minnesota is going to be a really fun series and Benn's sick fade will haunt the Wild for years to come. That being said, Washington better not phone it in against the blues and goddamnit Chicago, you couldn't even take them to a shootout?

Finally, I find the east wildcard race hilarious. It's like that scene in Snatch where the two boxers take a dive at the same time.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Go Dallas. Jumbo Joe is cool in my books. Ovie Crosby matchup will be cool. I guess the cats are cool, if a bit uninteresting to watch. Tampa sans stammer and hedman vs old poo poo Detroit should be an interesting matchup (like Vancouver Calgary last year: entirely moot as the Victor will surely get steam rolled in the following round). Uh, gently caress the Kings and and Minnesota and whatever garbage the Pacific is sending to the playoffs this year.

Caps Stars final w 9 goals per game (maybe pens if they get a goalie from somewhere or if caps choke against rangers)

Oh, and the top five teams on the year come from two divisions. The ocean divisions are very bad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Doesn't matter. Your team sucks and is boring to watch. Jamie Benn will destroy you with sick snipes and piercing good looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, fat chance they win more than a game.

• Locked thread