Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Travis hamonics knee injury will have him miss the rest of the regular season, they're hopeful he'll be back for the playoffs.

I love playing the Columbus Blue Jackets in the last few weeks of the season every year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'm just assuming that the Rangers, Isles, and Flyers are all fighting over that first wild card spot each in their own way so they can go into the atlantic bracket and are doing everything they can to reach that spot

I'd honestly rather the Isles play a series against Florida or Tampa too but I reserve the right to go back on this opinion if they get swept by said teams because Thomas Greiss' pumpkin status is coming into question right about now

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

John Tavares is a very good hockey player.

agreed, he came into the season and played like his normal top 5 player in the world self but then battled a mystery illness for a while and played with a lot less strength for months. Lately he's back to being a beast on the puck and suddenly his shot has a little more on it than even a month ago. Now he has 6 points in the last 24 hours and looks to be at peak JT just in time for the playoffs.

Isles clinch :toot: they're playing well as a team again, the Tavares line is on fire with Frans Nielsen on the wing as he's the best Islander at gaining the offensive zone which allows Tavares to actually have some space on occasion.

Now go Rangers so the Isles don't win themselves out of the WC1 spot please.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

If hamonic and de Haan are back for game 1 the Isles can hang with Florida. I have a sinking feeling the Isles are gonna beat the Rangers and win their way into a match-up with Pittsburgh that I feel a lot less confident in though.

Not sure how people can say a team like tampa is stronger than the Isles going into the playoffs. They'll be without Stamkos, stralman, and possibly Hedman, and are fresh off of getting destroyed by said islanders less than two days ago. Plus bishop gets lit up every time I watch him but maybe that's because the Isles have his number. I'm not any more confident in him than I would be with a greiss.

The east is kinda tough to read though, I really think anyone outside of the bottom Atlantic teams are capable of making a run.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The Isles swept the season series against the Rangers for the first time in their entire history which is surprising given the state of those 80s teams

They probably won themselves into a matchup with Pittsburgh in round one but gently caress it, John Tavares is back baby, let's go

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

because it wouldn't be an islander game in the last 2 weeks if at least one person didn't get a potential season ending injury

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/718281445991649281

ice the AHL squad for the last 2 games please

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

So far the Isles have only announced that they're resting most of their bottom 6 players, Okposo due to his wife giving birth, Hickey/Zidlicky, and starting that Gibson dude in goal. Although they beat Washington earlier this week doing most of the same so I dunno

They should sit Tavares/Boychuk/Leddy at a minimum but it doesn't look like they're going to

Chad Johnson probably in net for Buffalo tonight, if that turd could ever do one positive thing for the Isles it would be to actually play well

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The Isles were losing by 1 in the final 10 minutes of regulation and they played like they wanted to win, had Tavares out for a while, and of course he tied the game and sent it to overtime because he's Tavares against Buffalo. But once it hit overtime Capuano just played AHL dudes and other first/second year players and they lost so now I have no idea how they approach the game tomorrow. I'm assuming they'll rest even more people than tonight but they've played the last week like they wanna win every game so who knows.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Why is Greiss even starting then? Did Capuano learn nothing from what happened literally less than 24 hours ago?

Placing "Capuano" and "learn" in the same question rarely returns the answer of yes.

At least Tavares can't get hurt today. Isles had 2 dudes score their first career goals last night against Buffalo, I'm expecting 3 more to do it tonight just because.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

e: Also :lol: at the Islanders lineup for the game tonight. I get resting your guys but it's like they took every NHLer of quality out they could think of. I guess we know what team they don't want to play.

if they wanted to completely throw the game they wouldn't be starting the only quality healthy goalie on the roster in this game, even if they plan to pull him after a period or two it's still pretty risky/dumb and shows a moderate interest in putting forth a quality performance

edit: https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/719294212634775552

that's a pretty gross lineup but i still think it's better than what the flyers are icing, mostly because I have no idea what a Weal is

Iodised QQ fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Glambags posted:

Trap sprung dude!!!

Who the heck was in goal for the isles in the 2nd half of the game?

christopher gibson

He's a guy who requests people call him by his full name of christopher instead of chris

Not a very good goalie but when the Isles were actually trying they beat the Caps with him in net

• Locked thread