Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
How has nobody mentioned this?

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/715725411053768705

The rats are back! And they got penalized twice for them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Niedermayer wasn't a big star in 2000, certainly not bigger than Keith right now.

Uh, he wasn't Duncan Keith level, no. But he was an All-Star, two-time NHL champion, and star of my heart.

But yeah, the Norris was 2003, so he wasn't quite there yet.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

No, see, you're not allowed to question him unless you live in Buffalo and religiously watch the Sabres. :v:

I take his point that the Masterton isn't necessarily the "guy who came back from major injury and did good" award, but that article doesn't even address why they DID pick O'Reilly for the award.

If it's supposed to be about the player who "best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey" ... what exactly is he persevering over besides the fallout from his drunken indiscretion? Living in Buffalo?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Johnny Gaudreau just needs to pick up 5 pts in his last 3 games to finish with 80 pts, which I called happening last year. Ha!

Of course, I'd be even happier about it if I didn't think he was going to New Jersey once he becomes a Free Agent, or if it was helping Calgary make the playoffs, but still.....

I am OK with this.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

myron cope posted:

I had tickets to last night's Pens game from work and they have a suite and it was pretty baller. It's weird to be at a hockey game and not have to deal with a big crowd of people.

I got tickets for a suite right next to the owner's box at Verizon Center and it spoiled me forever. There was beer in a fridge just sitting there waiting for me to take it!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

Luxury boxes are amazing for everything except actually watching the game.

In the sense that there are distractions, sure. But the sight lines far outweigh any seats I've ever had in the 100-level.

In related news, I will be sitting in decidedly not-luxury-box seats for the Caps-Pens Thursday. I am expecting a 4-1 loss to give us a new preview of the playoffs.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

John Tavares is a very good hockey player.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

onemillionzombies posted:

I have to say this is all lining up nicely for another kings stanley cup win and an insanely boring finals.

This is exactly why I don't want to see the Panthers coming out of the east. It wouldn't even be fun. Caps and Pens at least split two games with L.A.

If Murray looked good in a playoff series, would that get the Pens to look differently at MAF/their goaltending future? Flower has as good numbers as ever this season, but two concussions is not encouraging.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The show didn't actually reveal who got killed, but it's probably Glenn anyway.

Not after their bullshit headfakes twice in the last few months.

Speaking of bludgeoning people with sports paraphernalia, who is going to be this year's villain coming out of the East? There are so many shitheads out west, but since the Bruins aren't going anywhere this year, I have a hard time picking a favorite. Can't be Tom Wilson, right?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

It was a pretty even game but the Caps have made some pretty boneheaded plays recently. Not really worried about the Crosby goal since 3v3 will never happen in the playoffs, but I am worried about the predictable PP setup, and Backstrom.

Backstrom is just lost out there. He looks old and slow this season and hasn't been able to possess the puck worth poo poo all season. I really hope Trotz considers demoting him to the second line because he has been dragging down Ovie all season. I bet it has to do with his offseason hip surgery.

It just looks like other teams are forechecking him more actively. He can still pick apart a defense when you give you him time, but nobody gives him daylight.

I was at the game sitting next to three pre-pubescent Pens fans and they said they would not throw their hats if Cullen got a hat trick, which convinces me that the children are not, in fact, our future.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Vicas posted:

I don't even care if washington sweeps, life is beautiful

IDK, I think it's going to be a pretty close series.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/rahulbali/status/719289587508584449

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I don't know if my heart can take another Blackhawks/Kings WCF.

Not because I care about either team, but I had open heart surgery in May three years ago and I distinctly remember them giving me a heavy painkiller in my hospital room somewhere around the second period. I woke up later and it was dark outside and my wife was asleep, but the loving game was still on and I was pretty sure that meant I had died.

So go Stars, is I guess what I'm saying.

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Apr 11, 2016

• Locked thread