Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mind_Taker posted:

He didn't get fined or suspended, but hey good thing they fined Chimera for poking Gostisbehere with his stick.

Player Safety being an ironically named, inconsistent joke is as much a universal law as gravity, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Sports journalism is the loving worst. gently caress this guy.

No, see, you're not allowed to question him unless you live in Buffalo and religiously watch the Sabres. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

I take his point that the Masterton isn't necessarily the "guy who came back from major injury and did good" award, but that article doesn't even address why they DID pick O'Reilly for the award.

If it's supposed to be about the player who "best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey" ... what exactly is he persevering over besides the fallout from his drunken indiscretion? Living in Buffalo?

From his stupid word vomit on twitter since the nomination came out, it boils down to "he practices a lot and is a role model to rookies".

If that's the criteria we're going off of, then it should belong to Jagr until he retires (and then rename it to the Jagr Memorial Trophy).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Grimby posted:

I'm pretty sure Boston is going to end up out of the playoffs anyway. The terrible thing is that they'll blame Julien instead of Sweeney and we'll end up with Oates coaching next season.

On the other hand...

https://twitter.com/MikeMiccoli/status/716691481231286274

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

John Scott has been called up by the Canadiens.

Before anyone asks him if the family has confirmed:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/716734143556685826

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Dumba-Benched
Reilly-Benched
Folin-Recalled
Dalpe-Recalled

:psyduck:

Jesus, why? Y'all haven't clinched yet and I am gonna be real mad if we have to play Colorado first round.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DJExile posted:

Colorado loses at all and it's over though. I think they 100% have to win out and hope Minnesota loses out.

Fair enough, but given how badly we play them away I'm not inclined to take any chances. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

Hoping so bad Dallas beats Nashville (Who I imagine will be resting players) on Saturday so we can get that Dallas vs. Minnesota series that will surely leave myself, Kyro and Top Hats probated in vitriolic ragefests.

And probably pay for like half a day's server costs. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

In Dallas, Minnesota might be just another speed bump.

This is basically the sentiment I get from my non-SA friends who're Stars fans. :v: I just look at the still-bitter Minnesota fans with some sort of mixture of pity and incredulousness.

(also Norm Green is a pretty awful person, and Modano's recent turning heel is just sad)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

tofes posted:

I am excited for the playoffs to start

Same, especially since I managed to scoop tickets to home game 1. :woop:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bewbies posted:

I really like going to games in Dallas

it sucks when they are good because tix cost more

I would bitch about how much our playoff tickets cost but I know it would still be hilariously low compared to everyone else, so take blessings where you can get them, etc.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DOOMocrat posted:

There has never been a time where Modano hasn't been a dick, other than his charitable efforts.

Fair, but there's a difference between it being a quiet background thing where casual fans probably won't see/hear about it and him being a big baby on Twitter. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

That being said, Washington better not phone it in against the blues

Hey, as long as we win, we get first. No need for help from others then. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

triple sulk posted:

The orange is good.

Not quite as good as Ghostbear, but yeah, it's real good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Thanks, Ovi. Also thanks, Spezza.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zoran posted:

I concur

I third this notion.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Oh and go Cats/maybe Caps out of east and Dallas and Sharks sharks shark shark snark sharks out of the west otherwise Comet/Nuclear Hellfire 2016

I like your style. :)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

Jamie Benn will destroy you with sick snipes and piercing good looks.

All while disappointing Minnesota's women. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm attracted to frat bros with lovely tattoos who make gay jokes about a pair of highly respectable Swedish twins

I love how people will still whine about that without having listened to it and thus totally missing the context of that Benn was incredibly uncomfortable and goaded by our completely trash sports radio station "personalities".

(It's nice that I can completely trash The Ticket here without basically ostracizing myself from a good portion of the fanbase)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Wait, what? I must have missed this segment you're talking about.

But gently caress it. Benn rules, gently caress the haters.

That whole Bad Radio thing they did with Jamie and Tyler where the radio dudes were all "oh those Sedin twins, they're so weird, huh" and basically goaded them into insinuating the Sedins have gay incestual sex, and now no one will ever leave it be, and completely ignore context.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

JawKnee posted:

Seguin however jumped right in

Yeah, that's basically undeniable. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Harlock posted:

Nashville/Anaheim doesn't even start until Friday. NHL playoff scheduling, get in.

8:30 PM local start time on a Thursday. :shepface:

I'm so glad my boss already approved me taking the day after game one off.

• Locked thread