Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It really makes you think.

But, really, a lot of the charm of the series comes from the goofiness despite the grim subject matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

In fairness, the third usually tends to be the one most people dislike for all of the games. They usually range from "kinda good filler" (1 and 3) to "what even is this poo poo" (2 and AJ's).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

There was one 3-3 bit that really felt like the most blatant padding. Eh it's subjective.

Hence "kinda good." :v: Both those cases had some serious lulls in the action, but were at least fairly cohesive.

And nowhere near as bad as the characters themselves pointing out how loving stupid the premise for AJ's case 3 was.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'd guess 1 ep for the first case of the first two games, 2-3 for the in-betweeners, and 4-5 for the finales.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The big question is who they'll get to voice who when this inevitably gets a dub.

I kind of liked the new guy they got for Phoenix for DD, and Apollo + Athena seemed spot-on, but... Edgeworth's VA just didn't match him at all.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, considering it's basically outright said in 1-5's epilogue that Gumshoe found Edgeworth's suicide note, so it has to take place before JFA.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Moltrey posted:

I totally forgot that Redd White's original gimmick was saying English words, this anime is splendiforous

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Assuming we even do get Rise From the Ashes, considering it's easily the longest case in the first game (and one of the ones where you really have to pay attention to all of the details for everything to make sense).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm ok with it if and only if they point out what a creep Ben* is.

*Bonus points if it's also against Max... Though I know that's a pipe dream. :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"You did it."
"ARGH!!! H-how...?!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I still think they should've set the localization in Florida, because let's face it: how many cases could be turned into a headline and have "Florida Man" tacked on at the front to sound more believable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Florida man obsessed with 15-year old's Magic Panties witnesses brutal noodle stand murder

Florida man smuggles illegal cocoons in guitar

Florida man cross-examines parrot in bizarre lake slaying

• Locked thread