Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All in all this is probably a bad adaptation of the game but I'm having a lot of fun watching it for things like 14 bailiffs running in to arrest Sahwit and the sequence with Nick and Edgeworth on the beach in the OP. I hope that when this is dubbed, they edit the picture of Larry's girlfriend to be in Paris and have the Eiffel Tower in the background, and they commit to the LA setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah you should definitely play the games, because the mysteries were created to be solved through the game. This anime is just for fans to laugh at

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I still can't get over everyone running in the intro. This might have the best OP of the year.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Japan had such a high conviction rate because they have excellent detectives that solve crimes like Gumshoe

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This episode brings up a very important point that I wasn't sure of before. Edgeworth has always been a fan of the Steel Samurai, even before Tournabout Samurai. I thought working on that case was what made him a fan.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

No, he actually tells the defendant he's a fan and Phoenix thinks he's full of poo poo

I always agreed with him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can't wait for the English dub of this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

was speaking random bits of English always Redd White's gimmick in japan?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They'll keep 1-5 but cut out 2-3

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think in one of the episodes they played the sad steel samurai theme when Nick was thinking about Maya's situation, and that bugged me because we haven't met the Steel Samurai yet, and the sad version is meant to be saved for 2-4

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

So is the anime good?

Its not great but if you like ace attornry, and you want to see it as an anime, well, here it is.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Looks like they're trimming a lot of fat from this case, which is probably for the best.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They gotta close the windows when trial is in session.

Watching this when I've already played the games is weird because all I can think about is what they've changed and whether or not it works better the way it was in the game vs how it's handled in the anime. Like in the game, by the end of the second trial, they establish that Hammer was in the costume, and that he was in studio 2. At the start of the third trial, most of the evidence points away from Powers (I just realized that the sleeping medicine that Hammer used on him was taken out completely) so it makes Edgeworth's face turn a little more natural. For the sake of pacing in the anime it was probably better the way they did it, but only for that.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They changed this case too much and now it sucks.

It's unbelievably stupid how they find the letter, with Gumshoe no less, and instead of the crucial evidence being stolen by von Karma in one of the most memorable scenes from the game, they present it in court and it's immediately shot down for no good reason. Grossberg sucks too. I hate this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The point = wind thing is really weird and I have no idea why the anime team loves it so much.

This is the only good part of the anime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like how Phoenix teleports from pointing a metal detector in von Karma's face to slamming his hands on his desk on the other side of the courtroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't watched this case yet but please don't insult my friend Moe

• Locked thread