Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My expectations on this were rock bottom so I was really pleasantly surprised.

Not bad, I really hope they bring in more music from the games and use it more liberally. I would've been completely fine if they just took the orchestral arrangements from the Gyakuten Meets Orchestra CDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Can't swap them on anything but the website, apparently.

Those names are literally going to make people renew their Crunchyroll accounts

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe case 5 will be an OVA?

Also, did the episode get to court?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm actually really excited for the next episode, I feel like case 2 has some of my favorite court back-and-forth out of all the games.

Not able to watch it yet, but glad it's appearing to be good. I bought a friend the trilogy on 3ds a year ago and they hadn't touched it once. They enjoyed the first episode, I hope the three episode test can convince them to finally try it out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

The big question is who they'll get to voice who when this inevitably gets a dub.

I kind of liked the new guy they got for Phoenix for DD, and Apollo + Athena seemed spot-on, but... Edgeworth's VA just didn't match him at all.

It should be the staff members from the first 3 games

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This episode brings up a very important point that I wasn't sure of before. Edgeworth has always been a fan of the Steel Samurai, even before Tournabout Samurai. I thought working on that case was what made him a fan.

No, he actually tells the defendant he's a fan and Phoenix thinks he's full of poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm a little disappointed with the trial, but the second half was solid. I'll give it another episode to see how it goes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

orenronen posted:

Broken Japanized English (in what I believe is deliberate instead of ignorant writing), but of course. A lot of the anime's dialogue is taken verbatim from the game.

I think it's Redd's attempt to sound more cultured than he actually is in both versions.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So they definitely cut out Redd White decking Phoenix before calling the cops on him.

Is there a reason they would've done that?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think it's in a kid's slot*, so that might be part of it.

*Doesn't explain the boobs

Apparently it got a 5.2 in the ratings on the first episode.

Does that mean anything for where it'll go from there?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a kid's show and not an otaku show, so it might affect if we get T&T, but gently caress if I know what the numbers in TV ratings mean.

I always thought it was millions of viewers but 5.2 million for Phoenix Wright seems stupidly high

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
My one wish is for a Rise From the Ashes OVA

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Apparently the show is beating out Pokemon in the ratings in Japan like consistently?

Is that true?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Axle_Stukov posted:

4 episodes for the circus, and 5 for the last. Also since the anime has decided to forego Psychelocks(And I don't blame them, they're very gamey and would probably be super awkward in the animation) that's alot of the time eating back and forths they can write out.

They'll miss out out on what 100% justified their inclusion though.

If they ever adapt AAI 2 they'd better loving have the Chess Dimension

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Without context a lot of the thread won't get that the banana cat is voiced by Phoenix Wright, The Deviations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hope this series can move onto some of the later games, there's a lot of good stuff I'd like to see animated.

• Locked thread