Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I wouldn't expect too much from the mysteries. They're designed to be solvable by the player on the fly, so with a week to think things through between episodes they should be trivial.

If the series is going to entertain it's going to be on the back of the presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Rangpur posted:

What makes you think we're getting filler? First episode was just the first case, straight up, and the first 3 games are already a complete story. If anything, I'd expect one or two cases to get cut for time, like the Circus Turnabout. In fact, keep all the others and just cut Circus Turnabout.

Then it turns out that Circus Turnabout has always been a fan favorite in Japan, so they cut everything else to make it take most of the airtime.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I recall it being founded by immigrants, not just being randomly Japanese-inspired. The youkai-craze is relatively recent, but it was drawn from the existing beliefs of the residents.

• Locked thread