Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I'm getting a serious "Mr. Rental" (from Space Balls) vibe. It would be cool to watch someone play the game by taking clues from the anime. Or play the game and the anime side by side.

But I think the anime would be better served if there were minor or significant departures like Game of Thrones or etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

TheKingofSprings posted:

My expectations on this were rock bottom so I was really pleasantly surprised.

Not bad, I really hope they bring in more music from the games and use it more liberally. I would've been completely fine if they just took the orchestral arrangements from the Gyakuten Meets Orchestra CDs.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Turnabout Sisters in yet another remix, it's probably gonna be the only reason to watch the 2nd episode.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Mulderman posted:

They have a confetti shower after the verdict. You really don't want to take these cases too seriously.

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?comic=122214

I guess those bailiffs are also there to clean up the confetti before the next case like movie theatre ushers before the next showing.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

dogs named Charlie posted:

I loved the crap out of these games back in the day, I had no idea it had a show until I saw this thread. It's been so long that I've forgotten all the solutions, but I remember Gumshoe being the best Dick ever.

We are literally getting the 2nd show tomorrow so don't worry... you are pretty much on the first floor with this.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

smenj posted:

I used to think Phoenix just took pictures of pretty much all the evidence, until I saw some official art suggesting otherwise:

I sincerely hope we see him lugging around some of the bigger pieces of evidence this way in the show.

I hope we get to see toast-and-egg-in-mouth-while-riding-bike Phoenix soon. Making breakfast for Charley before heading out the door to collect evidence or fight in a courtroom. Bumping into Gumshoe by accident while turning a corner in the detention center but managing to still save his food.

This gives me an idea...

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Julias posted:

I present the music as evidence, your Honor!

https://youtu.be/wGcyKEZtWuE

If you like what you hear, you should watch an orchestra play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4C1t4eFd1w

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
They reused the Samurai Turnabout theme when first hearing about DL-6 from that defense attorney. Which isn't a problem in itself but I hope we hear more remixed themes and not the same theme for the rest of the season.

The one thing I remember about Lotta was her propensity to charge for wasting film. She feels much more cooperative this time around.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also on the hate topic I dislike Lotta in-game but I've found her a lot more tolerable in the anime and I can't even tell why. It might be not having to deal personally with her (as personally as you can in a game, I mean) or just less screentime overall due to pacing? I don't know, but she comes across as more likable. Might be just me, though.

:same:

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

dragon enthusiast posted:

i cant believe maya ate that entire burger

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Gorgeous!

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
They used 2D animated jurors for this case. I hope they continue to do so. They look so much better than the 3D animated ones.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
the best part about this case

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Max, you need to perfect some magic trick that keeps your shirt fluttering behind you because... otherwise, it just looks very silly.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Waffleman_ posted:

Aurain, I think that was just a Wizard of Oz reference.

I've only seen a single Kansas reference in that game (I'm in the 3rd case now) and I agree that it was 100% a wizard of oz reference

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
Was it me or did the end of that episode have the only psyche-lock reference in the entire series up until this point?

And it probably has absolutely no significance to anyone not familiar with the games. I don't think it will ever be explained and will remain an easter egg for game fans but entirely forgettable to people who stick to the anime.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I think Funimation should keep the setting in Japan, and give Lotta a very thick "Osakan" (read: houston) accent. But if it gets into 4kids hands it definitely should take place in Vancouver or Colorado.

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Namtab posted:

Nah set it in America or canada

compromise and set it in canada but use the japanese names for everything

3rd option: do it samurai pizza cats or crayon shin style and completely butcher the script. Turn it into a bunch of civil court cases - edgeworth taking shrooms and he thinks he accidentally pushed a guy into the water to pick up a gun but the guy jumped in the water instead.

(why did he want to pick up the gun? he was taking shrooms, who really knows)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
your lawyer badge also allows you to perform wind magic by an implicit contract with the wind spirits

perform a short invocation to produce a blast of energy via your mouth or fingertips

• Locked thread