Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

HollywoodDialysis posted:

Feels like a lot of the Saga Telling posters have gone or dwindled off, but I guess that might just be because the internet is like a way bigger deal and you can get that poo poo on reddit/chan and way more anonymously?

Also the baseball rules thread from the other day was awesome until people stopped posting new baseball rules and started arguing about whether baseball was good or bad which was besides the point.

its bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

i read people talk about that Halloween all the fuckin time. i ask what happened and I always get some kinda funny joke-sponse instead of a real answer. it's a v big mystery to me. i dont remember that day at all but apparently it changed this place

FOR

EVER

wtf happened exactly? pls be polite to me I get confused easily and I am gullible and naive so just the facts ma'am don't go spinnin any yarns or you can tell your story walkin

not much to say tbh. rules were removed out of the blue on halloween, people went nuts and had fun with it, everyone expected it to end after a day or a week and revert back to gbs 1.0, but it never did

most of the old posters were driven out to pyf/dnd and people finally felt comfortable enough to call out how dumb it was to send thousands of dollars to a lovely alabama hot dog man

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770893

modern gbs pretty much is redditors that don't like the site format

the OP made a retarded post and the rest of the thread looks to be people making GBS threads all over him for it so idgi

brb gonna go finish up my image macro of known social justice skeletons so we can all boycott and send death threats to them, because we are literally reddit

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

People posted less in old GBS and that might have had something to do with the average quality of posts. The forum moved just as fast but I think it was because there was a greater diversity of posters. Also people put effort into the funny things they wrote.

90% of all jokes in oldgbs were garbage puns that plagued the first 4 pages of every RSS news thread, at which point they petered out and the thread blossomed into a competition to see who could be the most pedantic and outraged person in the entire world. once the thread became completely unreadable by the general population, all that was left was 3-4 idiots making the same circular arguments in the format of 1,000-word posts

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

you can posts your dicks if you want. i wont tell anyone

• Locked thread