Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I feel like the skeleton enemies promote an unrealistic standard of weight. Where are the fat skeletons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Don't even get me started on how there are no Skeletons of Color (SoC)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

I feel like the skeleton enemies promote an unrealistic standard of weight. Where are the fat skeletons?

I think that Undertale game the kids play has a fat skeleton and they probably cite graphical limitations as a reason for no Skeletons of Color in there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think that Undertale game the kids play has a fat skeleton and they probably cite graphical limitations as a reason for no Skeletons of Color in there.

A convenient excuse.

Is he a good fat skeleton or a fat shaming fat skeleton?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Skeleton of Color

mods

MODS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

They can't hear you, you know. Nobody can hear you.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I was doing some thinking and, even though boobs on plat armor makes no sense from a realistic combat perspective, I think that it's okay to put in stories because it's pretty much the equivalent of the fake abs that go on male armor.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite posted:

Where is my avatar 💩

You promised

You swore to me!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Where is my avatar 💩

You promised

You swore to me!

I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.

Anyway I have another art commitment at the moment. You're next on my list.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ugh, Harley Quinn's is another cartoon rear end I could do without.

I just recently bought the Harley Quinn/Power Girl team up comic. I have very mixed feelings about it because it's my favorite superhero (Power Girl) and my least favorite (Harley).

I bought it because Amanda Connor's Power Girl is the best Power Girl but the comic itself was extremely Harley heavy with a lot of lolrandumb humor.

4/10 I do not recommend.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

They can't hear you, you know. Nobody can hear you.

the only thing that was triggered was my burning desire for a namechange

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

A convenient excuse.

Is he a good fat skeleton or a fat shaming fat skeleton?

I think he eats a lot of spaghetti and beats up small children while cracking jokes about it? I've never played the game myself.

Applewhite posted:

I just recently bought the Harley Quinn/Power Girl team up comic. I have very mixed feelings about it because it's my favorite superhero (Power Girl) and my least favorite (Harley).

I bought it because Amanda Connor's Power Girl is the best Power Girl but the comic itself was extremely Harley heavy with a lot of lolrandumb humor.

4/10 I do not recommend.

Was it the team up where Power Girl has amnesia and Harley convinces her that they're a team and they wind up in an alternate dimension that's a Marvel knock off? I thought that one was good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think he eats a lot of spaghetti and beats up small children while cracking jokes about it? I've never played the game myself.

Was it the team up where Power Girl has amnesia and Harley convinces her that they're a team and they wind up in an alternate dimension that's a Marvel knock off? I thought that one was good.

That's the one.

It had good parts. I might be being too harsh on it, but I think it could have been funnier and also relied less on Harley Quinn for the jokes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

That's the one.

It had good parts. I might be being too harsh on it, but I think it could have been funnier and also relied less on Harley Quinn for the jokes.

That's fair, I didn't much care for Dan The Account from Earth's fate. He didn't deserve that even if he was banging a giant talking dog's wife on the side.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Applewhite posted:

I'm altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further.

Anyway I have another art commitment at the moment. You're next on my list.

Ffffffine

but im writing this down in the book of grudges

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's fair, I didn't much care for Dan The Account from Earth's fate. He didn't deserve that even if he was banging a giant talking dog's wife on the side.

I think you're thinking of their first adventure with Manos that I didn't actually read. I got the trade paperback with the second jaunt through the ring, where they encountered Valeron.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

There's tons of skeletons of color, have you never played a Castlevania game?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

I think you're thinking of their first adventure with Manos that I didn't actually read. I got the trade paperback with the second jaunt through the ring, where they encountered Valeron.

Yeah, in the first adventure Power Girl gets sick of Harley's poo poo and throws her into the upper atmosphere until she learns to be more sensitive to other people. Is Valeron like Vartox? I love that goofy Zardoz knock off.

I'm sure he had perfectly understandable reasons for strangling Harley and Powergirl has a front butt so that pic is fine.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah, in the first adventure Power Girl gets sick of Harley's poo poo and throws her into the upper atmosphere until she learns to be more sensitive to other people. Is Valeron like Vartox? I love that goofy Zardoz knock off.

I'm sure he had perfectly understandable reasons for strangling Harley and Powergirl has a front butt so that pic is fine.

Vartox is correct. Valeron was a typo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The picture would be problematic except Vartox is also wearing revealing clothes so it's ok.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

The picture would be problematic except Vartox is also wearing revealing clothes so it's ok.

First of all, Google "false equivalence",

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

No. Either explain it to me or I don't care.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

notZaar posted:

fursmbrero
Dec 27, 2002

Applewhite posted:

Please refer to the first loving box on the org chart.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Female heroes must never be depicted as sexual ever again

Male heroes must forever be depicted with dadbods also

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

fursmbrero posted:

Please refer to the first loving box on the org chart.

I feel like I'm missing a key reference.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Male heroes must forever be depicted with dadbods also

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Why did he quit?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Where does nintendo fall on the matter? On the side of justice.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Applewhite posted:

Why did he quit?

Wanted to shoot people.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Why did he quit?

Probably worried about the influx of Muslims into traditionally Christian countries.

Also to bomb the poo poo out of a bunch of SNES tanks.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The president has been kidnapped by ninjas.

Are you a bad enough butt to save the president?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The butt has been kidnapped by presidents

are you a bad enough ninja to save the butt?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Twitter activists rally overnight to have the controversial line "Whaddup my Ninjas?" removed from the game.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Shaquin posted:

Where does nintendo fall on the matter? On the side of justice.

Pathetically flat rear end, especially for somebody who spends all day jumping and running in a heavy armor suit.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

Pathetically flat rear end, especially for somebody who spends all day jumping and running in a heavy armor suit.

The suit does all the work.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Unacceptable, I've seen better butts on men at the gym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

• Locked thread