Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It’s getting close to the start of official campaign season in Westeros. Although Tommen Baratheon is the current incumbent King, no one seriously expects his caretaker government to last through the first half of the season. After disastrous polling in the Winterfell Caucus, attributed by many to his decision to burn his daughter to death, Stannis Baratheon has officially withdrawn from the race, and also had his head chopped off by Brienne of Tarth. With the last major candidate on Westeros out, the race for King of the Andals and the First Men has stalled, for now. This may present a unique opportunity for third parties like Sparrows to gain outsized influence in the Capital.

In the down-ticket races, Roose and Ramsay Bolton appear to be a lock for Warden of the North, barring Lord Baelish finally getting his campaign off the ground. Jon Snow recently fell to internal party politics, plus a dozen or so daggers, and has had to step down from his position as Commander of the Night’s Watch. However, many observers expect that a boost from Melisandre could put him back on his feet. Although Dorne is not officially having a contest this year, some commentators believe that Ellaria Sand may call for snap elections by having Doran Martell killed.

Across the Narrow Sea, Daenerys Targaryen’s surprise decision to recuse herself as Queen of Meereen by flying off on the back of her dragon Drogon has left a critical vacancy during an already heated contest between the noble houses of Meereen and their former slaves. Fortunately, the highly effective team of Tyrion Lannister and Varys “the Spider” have agreed to help her cabinet handle internal affairs during her absence, while Daario and perpetual also-ran Jorah “the Bear” Mormont go looking for her in the Dothraki Sea.

On a personal note, I am disappointed that all of the major parties are still in denial about the threat of Global Winter, despite increasing scientific consensus about the existence of White Walkers. Unless concrete steps are taken now, we may all be turned into reanimated, blue-eyed wights in the next 50 years.

Get hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U

Administration notes

:siren:Spoilers are allowed, but only after the episode in which they occur has aired on HBO:siren:
If you blew an intern for a leaked screener, so that you could tell people who enjoy a popular media property in advance when/how their favorite characters are going to die, please keep that to yourself.

Please do not discuss what TVIV or Tumblr think of the show.

Also, please don’t be weird.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVf2Qs7ynk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm really excited for this season and how mad people will be about everything.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Apparently HBO is going the AMC route and doing an "after the show" show. Why the gently caress do people watch these things?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
very interested in the positions Melisandre would occupy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Apparently HBO is going the AMC route and doing an "after the show" show. Why the gently caress do people watch these things?

They did it last season, too.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Whip Slagcheek posted:

And so begins the Bill Simmons occupation of HBO editorial programming.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mr. Nice! posted:

They did it last season, too.

Did they? I don't remember it at all.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm really excited for this season and how mad people will be about everything.

Honestly the outrage at the Red Wedding is what got me to read the books in the first place. And seeing the whole thing for $10 on kindle.

Edit: I need to not read this thread for a few more days until I burn through 5 seasons by not sleeping.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 5, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i dont see a ramsay bolton option on your poll so gently caress you

also why isnt the subtitle of the thread ": i choose violence"?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
this is a good op

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Never saw the show or read the books but I still voted :grin:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i dont see a ramsay bolton option on your poll so gently caress you

also why isnt the subtitle of the thread ": i choose violence"?

These are both terrible oversights on my part, but only N4I can fix them.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Never saw the show or read the books but I still voted :grin:

you should watch the show its pretty cool

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I've never seen it either, but I have the books sitting on a kindle somewhere.

Maybe one of these days I'll get around to plowing through them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Every character you like dies so Arya should sit on the throne.

After literally killing every other character first then sitting down and drinking poison just to piss off the Arya fans.

Fin.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Ser Robert Strong is going to be wrecking poo poo, especially when Cersi picks a trial by combat and chooses him as her Champion. He also keeps a foot in the tranny camp on account of all the purple eye shadow he wears during public appearances and obvious ecological credentials due to the fact that he's made from recycled parts.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
e: There's Tyrion, voted 5

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ser Pounce/Melisandri's tits 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So what are the odds that Jon Snow is the bastard of Ned Stark's sister and Prince Targeryean and gets his own dragon when his cripple sibling uses his power to make it dump ol Khaleesi off his back at 5k feet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

So what are the odds that Jon Snow is the bastard of Ned Stark's sister and Prince Targeryean and gets his own dragon when his cripple sibling uses his power to make it dump ol Khaleesi off his back at 5k feet

It's quite possible and is one of the most prevalent fan theories in the series. If anything else other than R&L=J comes out a bunch of people gonna be mad.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's quite possible and is one of the most prevalent fan theories in the series. If anything else other than R&L=J comes out a bunch of people gonna be mad.

Ha, really? I thought I was clever for thinking that. Also so long as Danyrs gets wrecked I'll be happy. Such a loving wish fulfillment character by a broad who can't act and refuses to show titty anymore, it's high time to dump that bitch

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The dragon is frozen in the wall, bro.

I wish they hadn't gassed the old GRRM thread, it was brilliant. Really made me realize that GRRM is just a giant paedo troll who is more interested in being a swinging dick at comic conventions than finishing his magnum opus.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hodor/Hodor

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The dragon is frozen in the wall, bro.

I wish they hadn't gassed the old GRRM thread, it was brilliant. Really made me realize that GRRM is just a giant paedo troll who is more interested in being a swinging dick at comic conventions than finishing his magnum opus.

Dude probably bags an insane amount of "smells like day old deviled eggs" hairy-as-poo poo wiccan poon at conventions

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Zombie Mountain, chosen of the Chaos gods, let the blood flow.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I would seriously enjoy a whole series of him just riding about Westeros punching people to death.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The Hound: Not the King Westeros needs, but definitely the one they deserve

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Hound: Not the King Westeros needs, but definitely the one they deserve

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

18 days. Can't wait.

Lotta people gonna get their worlds hosed up.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

would watch this spin-off

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ha, really? I thought I was clever for thinking that. Also so long as Danyrs gets wrecked I'll be happy. Such a loving wish fulfillment character by a broad who can't act and refuses to show titty anymore, it's high time to dump that bitch

Yeah it's literally the most popular fan theory around the series.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Following the success of Straight Outta Compton, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss have confirmed that this season will be taking an unusual creative direction in order to examine "tough, urban themes relevant to today's youth" by following the Snows, a family living in council housing during the Thatcher years, and also that "we are totally sick of writing this poo poo."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dead Reckoning posted:

Following the success of Straight Outta Compton, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss have confirmed that this season will be taking an unusual creative direction in order to examine "tough, urban themes relevant to today's youth" by following the Snows, a family living in council housing during the Thatcher years, and also that "we are totally sick of writing this poo poo."

Those two on vine/twitter/etc makes me think they're going to immediately rekindle "Absolutely Fabulous" with a sequel or soft reboot.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
real talk I think Petyr Baelish is the fuckin' main man.

Dany will get hosed by every dude in the khalasar that captured her, and their horses, but she'll survive and the dragon will eat them all and she'll have to kill the dragon in order to ensure that the dragon does not talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
reek is gonna shock everyone with a last minute hail mary play to win the iron throne

• Locked thread