Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should sit on the Iron Throne
Cersei Lannister/Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
Jamie Lannister/Bronn
Jon Snow (bitch you know he ain’t dead)/Ser Davos Seaworth, “the Onion Knight”
Brienne of Tarth/Podrick Payne
Tyrion/Varys/Missandei/Grey Worm coalition
Arya Stark/No One
Sansa Stark/Theon “Reek” Greyjoy
Reanimated corpse of The Mountain/Wight that used to be Badass Wildling Milf
View Results

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bolow posted:

Pretty sure there was an entire chapter just describing the food at the purple wedding the wedding where Joffrey died

yea hearing about that and the fact that the sex stuff is way creepier in the books put me off from ever reading em

also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

if george hadn't spent hundreds of pages describing food, feasts, clothing, armor, castles, sex etc in explicit and unnecessary detail, he would have finished the books a decade ago. which is also why the tv show bucks the trend by being better than the books.

So hat I've heard is true - that the tv show is good in spite of the books?

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Two Finger posted:

So hat I've heard is true - that the tv show is good in spite of the books?

Yes. Has it's ups and downs and as long as you don't cry about the fact that henchmen 3 in the books is wearing the wrong underwear in the tv series, it's pretty good. Just put your brain on hold when the series gets to Dorne.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pikehead posted:

Yes. Has it's ups and downs and as long as you don't cry about the fact that henchmen 3 in the books is wearing the wrong underwear in the tv series, it's pretty good. Just put your brain on hold when the series gets to Dorne.

I think Dorne wasn't that bad, it just dragged a bit because you can tell the writers wanted to show it because it foreshadows and sets up some things that are important to the whole issue at King's Landing but the directors had no idea how to convey it without really terrible exposition

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
whats so bad about the dorne stuff?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Just mucks around with a lot of exposition about political and historical issues. Nothing too out of place for the show, just came between really intriguing action parts so it screwed with tempo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

As poo poo as Dorne was in the series it doesn't hold a candle to the awfulness that was Dorne in the books. Everything related to Dorne was just boring and lovely in the book, even Oberyn.

The fact they pretty much hit every plot point in book 4 and 5 and then some in the last season just shows how lovely and padded the last 2 books are

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

As poo poo as Dorne was in the series it doesn't hold a candle to the awfulness that was Dorne in the books. Everything related to Dorne was just boring and lovely in the book, even Oberyn.

The fact they pretty much hit every plot point in book 4 and 5 and then some in the last season just shows how lovely and padded the last 2 books are

Also true. I'm just glad they ditched Tyrion's weird little emo arc after he left King's Landing where he hangs out with the midget lady

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i didnt mind the dorne poo poo, there wasnt a whole lot of it, and it was mostly a jamie and bronne buddy flick filled with hijinks. also dem tittays :syoon:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

i didnt mind the dorne poo poo, there wasnt a whole lot of it, and it was mostly a jamie and bronne buddy flick filled with hijinks. also dem tittays :syoon:

I would watch a road trip movie with Jamie, Tyrion and Bronn just fuckin around and visiting places

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

yea hearing about that and the fact that the sex stuff is way creepier in the books put me off from ever reading em

also

graphic rape. lots and lots of graphic rape. if they had put all of the rape from the books in the show it would pretty much be a non-stop rape show.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ok so how many main characters are going to survive this season.

I'm thinking a clean sweep apart from Tyrion.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Ok, finally caught up. Thought it was coming back next week, not the following. :argh:

That S5 finale was a loving downer.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yea the starks get it hard at the end of odd seasons

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

It wasn't bad as such, but as others have said it really dragged on, and it looks like they cheaped out on some of the fight scenes. It just wasn't the same quality as the rest of the season.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

yea the starks get it hard at the end of odd seasons

Yeah as a family they're pretty dogshit at this whole game of throne things

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
OTOH, despite being the schemingest schemers on the continent, the Lannisters have roughly the same ratio of living to murdered/disowned family members.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

So what are the odds that Jon Snow is the bastard of Ned Stark's sister and Prince Targeryean and gets his own dragon when his cripple sibling uses his power to make it dump ol Khaleesi off his back at 5k feet

He's not blonde and/or insane though. Maybe Robert Baratheon and Lyanna. Of course, Robert was shitfaced and doesn't remember, which is why he pesters Ned about it.

Mr. Nice! posted:

guys are you hyped? Cause I'm loving hyped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Sansa's wearing a wolf on her chest. That's pretty gutsy to shove it in Ramsey's face.

Who is that in the Targareon armor at 1:00? Daario?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

OTOH, despite being the schemingest schemers on the continent, the Lannisters have roughly the same ratio of living to murdered/disowned family members.

The Lannisters' pride & wrothfulness gently caress them up just as bad as the Starks' honor and naivety.

The Tyrells are the schemingest schemers

And they're Growing Strong.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah but they had Tywin who let's be fair was pretty much a genius when it came to politics. Less so at home.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

They're up an ancestral home and the throne though. The starks are basically extinct and the north is fuckkkked

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Honestly, I just want to see Sansa Stark gut Littlefinger with a spoon. Thats really all I need to see in the season to consider it a success.

However, since its Game of Thrones and no Stark can have nice things.... Chances are she is just going to get raped some more. Which means I have to hope we at least get Bronn's No Reservations and a dragon eating some people/torching a couple of sand cities and the browns that live in them.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Deblasio's wife also hired someone who was living with a murderer and whose son later killed someone so basically his wife has the political judgement of a drunken lemming

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

He's not blonde and/or insane though. Maybe Robert Baratheon and Lyanna. Of course, Robert was shitfaced and doesn't remember, which is why he pesters Ned about it.

Sansa's wearing a wolf on her chest. That's pretty gutsy to shove it in Ramsey's face.

Who is that in the Targareon armor at 1:00? Daario?

Spoilers obviously

It's a flashback to the tower of joy where Ned Starks sister died, that dude is one of the Kingsguard protecting her

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Is her name Cersei?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Smiling Jack posted:

Ned Stark's wife also hired someone who was living with a murderer and whose son later killed someone so basically his wife has the political judgement of a drunken lemming

FIxed that for you.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Bolow posted:

Spoilers obviously

It's a flashback to the tower of joy where Ned Starks sister died, that dude is one of the Kingsguard protecting her

a kingsguard in black and wearing not-his-own-house's sigil? I think they just decided to throw in some sick dual-wielding(!) targ henchmen because it looks cool and these guys are fuckin hacks

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

They're obviously grooming Bran Stark to be a dragon rider but I imagine that zombie army is gonna lay waste to a good portion of the north so even if the Boltons get gutfucked by Cersei & Littlefinger, the north is hosed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bolow posted:

Spoilers obviously

Ah...it looks like a lovely version of the kingsguard armor. I wonder if Robert changed their designs or if it's a more "utility" version for actual warfare.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I'm gonna be pissed if the ending involves something about AND THEN THE HEROES RODE THE DRAGONS AND THEY BURNED ALL THE ZOMBIES or some poo poo like that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The Rat posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if the ending involves something about AND THEN THE HEROES RODE THE DRAGONS AND THEY BURNED ALL THE ZOMBIES or some poo poo like that.

I thought this was pretty much a foregone conclusion tbh
I mean how the hell else are they gonna win

Unless they lose :getin:
Which given that people can't seem to stop wiping each other out is a pretty real possibility

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well the Chosen One of the Lord of Light is dead so yeah, obviously the white walkers are going to kill everyone.

That dream Dany had where the mages showed her the throne room in ruins and covered in snow will come to pass and then FIN.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Well the Chosen One of the Lord of Light is dead so yeah, obviously the white walkers are going to kill everyone.

That dream Dany had where the mages showed her the throne room in ruins and covered in snow will come to pass and then FIN.

That was a pretty cool dream and could easily be read as nuclear winter.
Also I ain't believing stannis the mannis is dead until I see the head

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That was pretty suspicious when they showed her swing the sword but changed scenes without showing the inside of a neck for once.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

edit: im sorry im a dick. :smith:

In the TVIV spoiler thread there's a link to a supposed screengrab of an unglamored melisandre. It's sure something. If you're curious :nws: http://m.imgur.com/wm261S7

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 22, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

gently caress off

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 22, 2016

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

i want to fight somebody over this titties!

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 23, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sorry guys can you edit your posts I wasn't thinking when I posted that unblocked.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's not what I expected, but exactly what it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

Sergg posted:

They're obviously grooming Bran Stark to be a dragon rider but I imagine that zombie army is gonna lay waste to a good portion of the north so even if the Boltons get gutfucked by Cersei & Littlefinger, the north is hosed.
I don't see this at all.

• Locked thread