Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Also - don't expect an update this weekend, probably not even going to seriously read through stuff until Monday! As much as I'd like to update every day, certain other people in my life want me to work and go to my birthday party. So rude.

Expect something like 2-3 updates a week, however, because I think I can manage that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Failure at making mutagenic whey could mean that they whey becomes a potent mutagen but all the mutations are bad. Thalidowhey.

But is it really even a bad thing if they already have flippers? The Silverturtles do anyway and that's like 1/4 chance of no big deal.

Also happy birthday dog kisser!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Puppies are dicks posted:

But is it really even a bad thing if they already have flippers? The Silverturtles do anyway and that's like 1/4 chance of no big deal.

Also happy birthday dog kisser!

Thanks! My birthday was last week but I've been extremely busy, and only now am able to chill out a bit.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

Puppies are dicks posted:

Gorgonzola: Terror of the Milky Deeps!

Gorgonzilla?

Also yeah happy bertday DK! edit: Well fine, happy postbirthweek, then.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

The whey becoming an awful downsides only mutagen doesn't even hurt that badly, the Aqueau can already make healthy cheese from the milk lakes if the whey lake becomes tainted haha.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

dog kisser posted:

Thanks! My birthday was last week but I've been extremely busy, and only now am able to chill out a bit.

Do a drunk update! I miss drunk updates

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Do a drunk update! I miss drunk updates

I feel like it'd be really drat tough to drunkenly draw and assemble a whole update :V but I'll try at some point

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Ashar Ado you stupid! The True Way of Joy is for the excellent few to sacrifice themselves entirely for the enjoyment of the masses, so they don't have to exert themselves. This is, I don't know what this is... the wisp hissed, then paused. ... Kitty! =^.^=

+1 to Catmandu
Wisp count: 1

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
+1 to Dog Kisser's happy birthday! :toot:

Wisp Actions: n/a

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

:siren: I forgot to write anything about Ages and other important stuff! I'll get more into this later, but read this cause it's important! :siren:
  • Each Godly Age is (currently) 4 Rounds! We're on Round 3 Actions right now.
  • At the end of the Age, all Gods die regardless of HP
  • Some other stuff happens at the end of the Age, secret for now.
  • In between Ages, I'm running a mini CYOA starring a civilian from one of the People, which will flesh out the world a bit!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 to Catmandu

Wisp Count: 1

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

+1 to Catmandu!

Wisp Count: 2

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Amyhdahl
Wisp Count: 3

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 Ash Mutant Milk Thingy

Vote 2

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The seething wisp that one day wishes to tear its way into Somewhere as the God of Spite and Cruelty decides it will assist.

+1 to the Mutant Milk Making

Wisp count: 1

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

The standings so far for any new wisps/wisps that wanna change their votes.

Amyhdahl: Helping to create a fort near the Mirror Lake, roll of 1 modified to 1.

Ashar Ado: Making the whey in the whey lake mutagenic, roll of 2 modified to 5.

Catmandu: Make the Verre stealthy/observational, roll of 4 modified to 9.

Illarin: Water curse the Fortugnat, roll of 19 modified to 20 with a +2 buffer

Sullo: Creating a bridge for the Laitache to the NW island, roll of 11 modified to 13.

e: Just as bonus information we now have 5 god players, 16 wisps that have been with us from the start, 7 with us for 2 rounds, and another 6 wisps just joining us this round!

Round 1 had a total of 20 votes that were all positive, it was a very friendly time!

Round 2 garnered a total of 21 votes, 15 of which were positive and 6 that were negative. The wisps did discover their love for pain this round.

Round 3 thus far has brought in 20 positive votes and 7 negative! Things have gotten a little more positive!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 11, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
In light of this information, this wisp has changed its vote, as is noted in the initial vote post.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Wisping closed. Update at 'some point'

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
-1 to Dogkisser's sneaky made up rolls

Wisping Count 2

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Somewhere shivered in anticipation - one God was close to dissolution, and others teetered on the precipice. A Godly corpse was potent fertilizer indeed, guarding Somewhere against the caustic entropy of the Ocean. It was merely a matter of who would be the first to fall.

The Silvurtle were filled with a great rejoicing in contemplation of their foolishness. They laughed as they thought of their stratification of skill and how blind they had been - was not disharmony merely a judgement on harmony itself? Many singing in disharmony became a harmony, after all, but what was the tipping point? How many did it take to make a harmony, exactly? Why not a harmony of one?

The Silvurtle thought on this for a long while, and they resolved to continue thinking on it - to experiment and experience and find out what worked best for them. Their God trusted them enough to let them do so, and they would prove it right.

(The Silvurtle gain some Independence and resolve to experiment and learn what harmony means for them. They haven’t resolved anything just yet - except that they want to explore and experiment.)

Catmandu spoke - and in speaking lost something of herself. The Verre listened to the wise words of their Goddess - they would watch, and listen, to these new creatures. And so they hid - and found that they were naturals at hiding, especially among the forests of Glass.

They learned about these new People without revealing themselves: these Aqueau, as they called themselves, were certainly playful - and fast! They watched them leap from lake to lake as they explored, never quite making contact. There were a few close calls - but as fast as the Aqueau were under Water, the Verre were on land. Any contact between the two would be on the Verre’s terms, in accordance to the words of their Goddess.

And then, one day, it happened. An Aqueau explorer met a Verre scout who had gone to sit by the Water. They looked at eachother for a long while - and then both went their separate ways. But the first encounted had been peaceful.

(CATMANDU LOSES 1 HP. The Verre have learned Stealth and Observation, and they have learned of the existence of the Aqueau and their habits.)

One day, above the Glass forests, a Demon arose. Deesix bid his people to hide, and he and his Seven drew up their Blades of Glass and stood against him - but the People cannot stand against a God. His words shook the trees of Glass into splinters, and the brackish spray shook them to their knees. A great scream erupted from the Fortugnat as Water began to burn them. They tried to block out the sound of the ferocious roaring waves and the words they carried, but they sank deep, and they stuck.

The Fortugnat had been Cursed - they shrank away from the Water, chastened and fearful, and sank back into the Glass forests. Their God had a task for them.

(The Fortugnat are Cursed! Water has become Anathema to them - they will avoid it where possible, and if forced to interact with it there is a great chance they will perish or go mad. They REALLY hate Illarin now!)

-O-

The Voice of their God washed over them, calmed them. He bade them to travel to the West, near the place called the Mirror Lake. He instructed them to build a great fortress among the Silvurtles and the Aqueau, to trade with them and to build a vanguard against the Demon. Then he explained what a fortress was. And who the Silvurtles and Aqueau were.

Upon their arrival, Amyhdahl found a great plain of Dicestone and arranged his fearful flock along its dimensions. A great fortress would solidify their hold on the region in a way that none of the other Peoples could match - a fitting tribute to his Name. He stretched out his power into the stone and sought out the shape of the fortress already there, waiting to be revealed. But... no... something was wro-

Long after the blast, Deesix roused himself, feeling a deep and pervasive loss. His Seven was now Three, his People washed away… his God missing. Dead. If Gods could die, what else could be counted on in this world. He called out to Amydahl over the gulf of the pit of the Lost Gamble until his voice grew hoarse.

What would they do now?

(AMYDAHL LOSES 2 HP AND PERISHES!
The Fortugnat learn about the existence of the Silvurtle and the Aqueau and about the CONCEPT of building fortresses, though not the practical experience. They are unaware of the existence of other Gods or about the fact that Gods can die - except for their own. The explosion was a catastrophic failure of Construction, and not an inherent part of God Death, incidentally!

Amyhdahl is no more. His Essence has fallen down into Somewhere and dissolved. His player may Wisp the remaining Gods, but as a completely NEW Wisp, not any sort of remant. In addition, they do not increment their Wisp Count until the end of the Age.)

The Aqueau gathered excitedly as their reclusive god spoke to them once again. They heard his voice from the Water, and they argued amongst themselves who would be most worthy. Great Illarin had left the choice up to them, as was his nature, and they strained themselves to choose someone best suited. In the end, they selected Droplette, a recluse similar to their Great God - but the very fastest among them all.

The second burden of knowledge weighed so heavily the Aqueau thought they would break. Their beloved God, their awakener, dead? Other Gods - and they too would die? Even more to come!? There was much wailing and terror, but their God had taught them Independence, and they girded themselves against their fear. They would keep the memory of their God in their stories, and they would weep no longer. If their God did not fear his own death, they would not fear it either.

(The Aqueau gained more Independence by being allowed to choose for themselves. They learn about Gods and the God Cycle. They resolve to keep Stories.)

-O-

Something unusual happened in the Whey Lake, one day. The hand of a god descended to touch the whey, to taint it and to spread Change and Excitement upon Somewhere. It left something of itself behind, against its wishes, disintegrating into the whey like powder. But the seed of Change had been planted nonetheless, and it bore fruit when a stray Aqueau passed through the whey. He coughed in the unfamiliar liquid, feeling a great transformation ripple through his body.

When at last he could see again, he knew he had Changed. The whey felt like Water - natural and untainted. He Explored. The Water felt like whey - unnatural and odd. But so did the Milk! He found it no more uncomfortable than his fellows found whey, and he was able to gather far more Cheese than the others with his new ability!
(ASHAR ADO LOSES 1 HP. The Aqueau have gained a Hero - thusfar unnamed, he can travel through Milk or Water with equal ease, if not precisely comfort.)

The Laitache followed the path of their God to the North, travelling across the new bridge to a land that was just their own. Along their path, they saw signs of other Peoples, but did not encounter them. The Light Caste urged the others to forge the way ahead, and leave this land behind. They would make their own lives on the island that was theirs alone, and keep to themselves.

They spied a mountain of Dicestone rising from the forest of Glass as they walked, and sometimes saw something glinting on its peak. They thought nothing of it, for now, but it was a curiousity. The Island was a more pressing matter - once the pilgrimage was complete, there was a great and pressing urge among the herd to name it. The Light Caste knew that it must be called Thousand Roll Island. However, Sullo heard murmurings among the Heavy - among themselves, they had agreed upon High Stakes Island. After much turmoil, they turned to their God.
”Great Sullo, we seek an answer - What shall we call the holy Land?

They heard an eruption one day, from far to the south, but they thought nothing of it. Many things were strange on the mainland.

(The Laitache have Expanded Territory and a home to themselves. They keep in a herd, so almost all of them have concentrated to the northern island. They seek a name, but you need not choose between the Castes - you can name it whatever you wish, and they’ll bow to your wisdom.)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Illarin, God of Flowing Water

3 HP

The Fortugnat
Illarin, silently watching from the clouds as his curse takes effect, gives a sad nod. Amyhdahl had fallen before being able to capitalize on the amusement that Illarin had fed into and it was a shame that the God of Broken Promises would not be around to bring his machinations to completion.

The god of broken promises had sought to fill the land of Somewhere with a myriad of concepts, among them the heartbreak of sudden betrayal and the despair of being conned, thus did Illarin whisper but 4 words into the back of the mind of Deesix as a parting blow from the now deceased deity "This Is Your Fault."

Mutations

Ashar Ado had acted quite oddly in the past few moments, dipping its divine form into the lake of whey momentarily before retreating gleefully. It wasn't until some time later when Illarin bothered to look into the lake that he noticed the new oddity and let out a bellowing laugh. Manifesting on the surface of the whey lake above the new creature, Illarin plucked it haphazardly from within and began to speak "I see child that you have been visited upon by one of my compatriots, the God Ashar Ado they Joyous has seen fit to leave its people the Silvurtle for a moment and to bestow a gift upon you."

The newly formed creature is no doubt rapt in attention and so Illarin places him back in the whey slurry "Ashar Ado is a pleasant sort, and one so important as to have been influenced by a god is deserving of a name given by one." Illarin nods and touches a finger gently to the Aqueau mutant "I wipe away what name you once had and declare you Rennet, hero of the Aqueau. Serve your people well."

Not one for lengthy sentiments, Illarin simply nods and fades gently into a quickly dispersing mist leaving an awed Rennet in his wake.

Droplette

The day had come. The Aqueau had managed to decide upon their representative and Illarin would live up to the promise he had made. There is no pomp and circumstance in Illarin's blessing, one day Droplette is simply having a relaxing swim in the lake and in the next moment there is a slight shift in water pressure as she continues to swim unworried. Illarin allows Droplette to swim for a time before he deigns to address her "Droplette my child you must swim to the edge of the water." She does and in doing so finds she is in fact no longer inside of the Origin Lake, but has been floating inside of the blessed ball of water that floats above Illarin's head.

Without a word the scenery of the heavens that Droplette has been able to view for but a moment dissipates and she finds herself in the Czar river between the Whey lake and the Origin lake. Her brief brush with divinity had changed her however, intimate knowledge of water and how to control it in its many forms had been imparted onto the young Aqueau, alongside the know-how to teach these skills to others.

Blessing Droplette with hydromancy and the knowledge to teach it 14

Naming the Hero Rennet.

I'll come back to this and tighten it up in a bit haha, I haven't had my coffee yet.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 13, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Ashar Ado

2/3 HP

The changed Aquean swam through the whey like none other on Somewhere, and Ashar Ado watched over its travels gleefully. Exploring filled the young hero with feelings of excitement unlike all other achievements of its life, brought it closer to that part of its Divine Heritage.
Thus did the Aquean Hero come to know its purpose, symbolized by his title: Wheyfarer.
Ashar Ado smiled upon it from afar, granting it knowledge beyond its kin of all the Peoples the Divine Principle of Joy had encountered in its own travels, urging the young waterperson to seek them out with peaceful intent.

To its 'own' People, the Silvurtle Sensates, the Presence of Joy descended once more to instruct them.
"Find ye with the Aqueans" it said; "whom live in the rivers beyond." "Seek them out and teach them your Songs and let them add their voices and sonnatas to yours."
"Give unto them your all and in exchange ye shall find yourselves improved beyond all measure."

"I will soon leave you forever. But let not my absence bring you to tears of sorrow; just as one song much reach its final verse to be considered complete and perfected, so too must all things end."

"Gather ye when the the Time is Nigh, (your soothsingers will know), at the Glass Spires by the Mirror Lake, together with your new watery bretheren.
At last, as one, sing me farewell; using all the Power you can muster. Dance the night away, my children, and always shallt thou me remember."

And lo; At the End of the Age as had been foretold, did Ashar Ado Manifest in all of its Glory, dancing the Dance To End An Era, it's thunderous steps steps would forever set Somewhere itself in motion.

Introducing Dancequakes: 1d20 17

I am fully manifesting wherever the Silvurtle and Aqueans gather for the Last Party of the Age to dance the world apart, literally.
I am charging the very land itself with an infinite dance to cause it to sunder; imparting it with the urge to seek out new horizons.
Basically im breakdancing plate tectonics into being.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 12, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Too loud!

Why must you be so loud!

-1 Asher Ado

Naps Taken: 4

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Wisp +1 DANCE HARDER! :pcgaming:

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Sullo, God of Weight
1/3 HP

Even in these early days of Somewhere, the other peoples were already seeing the beginnings of conflict. Sullo was glad the Laitache had put their distance between themselves and the mainland. But now they called out for a name for their new promised land. Each caste had its own suggestion, but favoritism was not Balance, and so Sullo whispered into their minds a word most befitting their safe land of plenty: ParaDice.

It was then that the ground began to shake. While the new ParaDice was safe from the influences of the other peoples of Somewhere, it was not separate enough from the mainland to avoid things happening there, clearly. Time was short. The end of the Age was near. Sullo poured what power he had left into ParaDice, pulling away all its Weight and lifting the entire island into the sky, where his people could hopefully be safe after he was gone.

1d20 = 10
(friendly wisps help me make a rad flying island please!)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 to Asher Ado

Careless Wispers: 4

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 25, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Kyyp posted:

Sullo, God of Weight
1/3 HP

These puns have caused me severe physical pain, but I like you so I will +1 your poo poo one last time

+1 to Sullo's Roll

Wispy Count: 4

Also I suppose the toss up on the mini CYOA is between Deesix and.... Wheyfarer Rennet (-1 HP Inflicted)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

+1 to Sullo

Fly, island, fly!

Wisp count: 4

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 Ashar Ado

Wisp count: 4

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A God died, more would follow. This was the way of things. Soon there would be opportunity. Soon there would be a chance. There was no further purpose to plotting the downfall of the dying. So, let there be a monument to rising up instead. A statement of intent etched onto Somewhere that would surpass the end of an era...

With all my might, I reach out to the world. With everything that I am, I seek to leave my mark upon it. I gift this to you, o dying god, in that through working together we may both get what we want. +1 to Sullo!

This Wisp has touched the world twice.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
+1 to Ashar Ado

DCB's Wisp Count: 4

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
+1 Sullo! Bring on the ParaDice!

Wisp Count: 4

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Ashar Ado +1

Wisp Count 3

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

"This Is Your Fault."

Beautiful.

+1 Sullo

(0 wisp actions)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:tipshat:

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
-1 to Sullo

Wisp Count: 2

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Catmandu, Goddess of Cattes
2/3 HP

Seeing her children interact with the world and hide in its natural features brought Catmandu great joy. So far, She had taught the Verre how to be playful like cattes - the fact that it was the first thing She taught them meant that by their very nature, the Verre were now joyful creatures. Her second lesson, that of enjoying milk, fortified them and taught them how to appreciate the rich flavor of said substance. Moreover, their sacrifice of milk to Her would always be a part of their habits - helping to ensure that they would remember Her. Her third lesson taught them how to stay safe in a potentially hostile world, to spot others before being spotted, and to keep them safe during Her next lesson.

Her next lesson? It would likely be Her final one - but it was the most important lesson of them all. The essence of a catte is many things - playful, clever, somewhat fearful, sometimes cruel, majestic, stealthy, and others. But a catte is one thing above all. No matter what the variety of catte, no matter how mean or kind a catte is, a catte must always do this.

A catte must be the best napper in any universe.

In a storm, on top of a mountain, deep underneath the earth, on a riverbank, or in the warm security of a home, a catte can nap at any time and in any place. As much as She wanted this to be Her first lesson, She needed to teach the Verre the basics before this most essential step. Learning how to hide first, for instance, was absolutely essential before learning how to nap because it would ensure that the Verre knew how to find a safe place and to be alert for anything that could disturb the nap.

She looked gravely upon Her chosen children. She knew her time grew short, and she knew that this final lesson would be the most important into shaping the Verre into her image. No matter who or what came after her, they would always carry with them the true essence of being a catte.

"My children," she purred "My time with you grows short - I sense the end of my time here on this earth and the start of a new beginning for you. I will depart, but you shall remain. It is very important for us that you never forget the lessons that I have taught you to shape you into My image." She shed some tears. "But this final lesson that I shall teach you is essential to your very essence and will help shape who you are moving forwards into the future. I have taught you to play, and so in your hearts you know joy. I have taught you to drink milk, so that you may become healthy and strong. You have learned how to be stealthy and to hide - and for the next lesson, your ability to hide is most important of all."

She found a beautiful sunny spot in a secluded area of Somewhere.and gestured. "You must learn how to enjoy the simple pleasures of life and nap frequently. But you should not just nap anywhere - you should always find a spot where you are safe and comfortable, and preferably with the sun bearing down on you. Nevertheless, you should be able to nap anywhere and make yourself comfortable, yet able to remain alert... And once you do, always be sure to express your satisfaction by 'purring'. Here, My children. Come lay next to me and I will show you how..."

Catmandu curled into a ball and lay directly in the sun's rays, napping and purring. Here, surrounded by Her children, she napped away the end of her days in the bliss that only a Goddess of Cattes could truly appreciate. If this was to be her end, then this was truly the best way to go.

Teaching the Verre how to nap, incorporating their skills for stealth and observation to keep them safe - hopefully, I've also taught them how to purr when they're happy! - 17

Help make these cool cattes all they can be! :radcat:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 12, 2016

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
+1 to Sullo. Levitation is perfect balance in gravity.

Wisp count: 4.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Fearing its own impending dissolution, Illarin would give the Aqueau a god-caste. No gods, no masters then, eh? Not to mention that a single hydromancer could devastate the entire fortugnat civilization.

Unless and until a god would attempt to lift the Fortugnats from their ruinous state, this wisp resists Illarin's desperate power-play (-1) to bestow its god-powers upon a single mortal.

DSMG Wisp Actions Taken: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

Help make these cool cattes all they can be! :radcat:

+1 to Catmandu.

(3) Wisp Actions Taken

• Locked thread