Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So, the Canadian Nutrition Society advises everybody that roughly half their plate of every meal should be filled with fruits and/or veggies.

My question is, if you get a second plate of food, do you have to fill it with veggies, too or do they just mean 1/2 a plate of fruits and veggies total?
I ask because last night I ate two entire large pizzas (16") but I also ate a whole Greek salad so I should be good, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Potatoes are a vegetable, so filling my plate half with french fries counts, right?

It should. That's what I do a lot of the time. Rice should also count.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, "half your plate" is a measure of area coverage, not mass. Am I fulfilling the requirements by fanning out one really big leaf of lettuce so it covers half the plate?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Follow up: do you actually have to eat the vegetables or just cover half your plate with them? The campaign doesn't really make that clear.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Are mozzarella balls a "vegetable"? the picture on the website would seem to suggest they are.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

spud posted:

I put ketchup on everything including steak as its rich in tomatoes.

Also there is no loving way you ate 2x 16inch pizzas you fat bastard, unless you got like Andre the giant genetics going on.

Alright you got me there: my wife helped but I ate one entire pizza on my own and at least four slices of the second one.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
And she ate the salad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Paging Canadian Goons to the thread. You owe us some answers.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I googled the Food Pyramid to see if it could shed any light on the subject, but now I'm even more confused!

How the hell am I supposed to read this? Without proportions these images are meaningless.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FlimFlam Imam posted:

So, I should just throw all my food on the floor and climb stairs? :confused:

To be fair that would probably be a good way to lose weight.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I thought beans were made of bread??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Haier posted:

That's a lot of sodium OP. Do you have puffy face today?

No but my throat is hella sore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wangsbig posted:

imagine the disappointment of hearing the sweet sizzle of a grill & cracking it open to reveal some sliced avocado

the lack of enticing grilled meat aroma would tip you off that something was amiss long before you saw it.

• Locked thread