Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'll play but I refuse to read the rules and I shall pretend I am a confused old man the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'll play but I will TRICK everybody regardless of alignment.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

You can't trick a trickster, bud

And who says that...but tricksters...

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And you've fallen for my trick.

The plot thickens.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Go ahead, I've got a double agent working in your anti trickster club.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote JakeP

TMM isn't playing at being mad this time, I don't think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

Pissed off at a fake game on the Internet

Yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Gee, why would I be pissed off because I wanted to have some fun playing a game and instead I'm trapped in a position where the votes have to go to either me or someone else and now I'm probably going to die on N1 anyway even if I'm not lynched?

Why would you die n1? What's the logic there?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Because I figure that I've put up such a stink already and if I live through the thunderdome then most people will probably think I'm town at that point and there is no reason for scum to keep me around.

Nah, this doesn't hold.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MG3 posted:

I think you guys should wrestle

Can I wrestle too? *covers self in oil*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I don't see any reason why scum would want to keep me around if I survive the thunderdome. I could see scum keeping Jake around if he lives because they can later say 'well starting the thunderdome less than an hour into the game is scummy as poo poo'

I mean if you want to argue as to why you should be killed, go right ahead I guess.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I don't see any reason why scum would want to keep me around if I survive the thunderdome. I could see scum keeping Jake around if he lives because they can later say 'well starting the thunderdome less than an hour into the game is scummy as poo poo'

Wait a minute are you saying you don't think Jake is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

What loving difference does it make if I think he's scum or not? He loving started a thunderdome and my choice is vote him or me. I know I'm not scum, I honestly don't give a poo poo what he is at this point.

It matters quite a bit. What was your last scum game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Also, how does it matter if I think Jake is scum when it's a thunderdome? The choice is literally him or me and I'm not going to vote myself.

Because your posts earlier were indicating that you thought JakeP was town, particularly this one:

TMMadman posted:

This quote only makes sense if you accept the premise that JakeP is town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I don't loving care what Jake is at this point. It's loving thunderdome. It's him or me.

I care quite a bit about what Jake is, and if you are town so should you.

Do you think JakeP is town or scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Why would I care? It's loving thunderdome. The only person I can vote for is him or me and I'm not going to vote for myself.

Because town wins when scum are killed, regardless of if you are alive. Your goal is to eliminate scum, not to survive.

Do you think JakeP is town or scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Again, what difference does it make? It's a thunderdome. I can only vote him or me and I'm not going to vote me.

He's probably just stupid loving town, but I don't give a rats rear end at this point and hope he gets hung instead of me.

Thank you, I will keep this in mind.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel pretty confident in reading TMM as town at the moment.

I'm unsure about Jake but since it's a thunderdome ##vote JakeP

I think I'm with you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Confirming that I was at the pods.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Has FL checked in? Also yeah we might want to stop claiming for no reason.

My name is Old Man Scampuns and I am elderly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My type is the Not Claiming because Holy poo poo no reason to.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rurea posted:

cckeane wanna meet up tonight

IRL for hot kinky sex: yes.

Otherwise no.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I only claimed because I can track too but the mechanics are different and I was confused about that.

I understand where you are coming from, though it wouldnt have been my play.

Claiming Gang/Duo/Solo is silly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

What's your gang name? :allears:

Mines Gin and Tonic.

You know what's in a gin and tonic?

Too much loving tonic.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JakeP posted:

Why? It seems like pointless flavor stuff that should have no effect on anything at all

It's in the OP. Type has stat implications, claiming a type can highlight you strengths and weaknesses.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Do I really need to tell you guys NOT to post mod communication PMs in thread.

Next time it happens it IS a mod kill.

MOD PM FROM CAPITALISTPIG;

"CCKeane I don't want to cover you in butter and lick it all off while gently rubbing your butt"

Also I am on board for voting off GG, I'll agree with Jake regarding allowing check in to happen, though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I'm actually a little curious about Azuth. He only made 4 posts during D1 and then publicly saved the lynch. I would normally think that's a town power, but it also denies town information. Plus he didn't bother to mention that he could solve the thunderdome problem.

This is a pretty solid post and I didn't consider this angle.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

:argh: out of a job noooooo :argh:

Everybody laughed at me when I threw my shoes at votefinder.

Who is laughing now? Who is laughing now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jimson seems pretty quick to throw votes down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rurea posted:

Keane you are so smart

Also handsome and strong.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

There are still a bunch of people who haven't checked in. Stop trying to force a turbo.

This is the correct stance.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I have no problem talking dark souls while we wait for someone to claim damage on jimson

The dark souls...are the scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello I was at the pods and I can confirm TMMadman was at the pods.

Thank you and God bless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm probably not going to be posting much for the rest of today, since it looks like Gulag is going to get voted off and I am exhausted from a day long dodgeball tournament.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Alright, so right now, we don't know where MMT was last night. And we don't know the actions of Keane, MMT, Rarity or Viva.

I didn't do or get anything useful last night.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Everyone post your location, who you saw, and your action. If you spot someone lying about theirs point it out immediately :siren:

The Dam List - MG3 was killed here. Someone has to be scum :siren:
- Puntification - Searched
- Gulag - Spotted by Punt, Used 'Doom Squad Assemble' according to Max, Saw MG3, Max, Punt & FL
- FL - Spotted by Punt, Searched, Same list as Punt saw
- Max - Spotted by Punt, Tracked Gulag to Dam

The Gates
- Infinitum - Searched, saw noone

The Warehouse
- JakeP - Tracked Kash to Warehouse Saw Rarity, YPM, and Kash
- Rarity -
- YPM - Used an action on JakeP
- Kash - Spotted by JakeP Searched

The Pods
- TMMadman - Searched - Saw noone
- Chaoslord - Personal action - Saw noone
- CCKeane - Saw TMMadman

The Wastes
- imgay - Attacked Vivanova
- Jimson - Spotted by imgay, Searched
- Vivanova - Spotted by imgay Unconfirmed damage?

The Mall
- Rurea - Searched, saw noone.
- Kumbamontu - Searched, saw Rurea

The Burbs
- Azuth - Saw noone

Downtown
- Murmur Twin - Saw noone

Yet to confirm location after being spotted
Rarity, VivaNova

Reporting action is a hell of a jump from reporting location and who you saw.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

When tomorrow starts your first post of the day should be

1.) Your location
2.) Who you saw
3.) Your action

I'll also try and order it by order who claimed, as I have a sneaking suspicion scum will try and claim areas they weren't in as they hadn't been spotted.

I'm absolutely positively 100% guaranteed to be in the Wastelands tonight.

1 and 2 makes sense.

I disagree with number 3, unless you really want to out power roles needlessly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I'm getting a real weird feeling here. I'm trying to figure out why MG3 was killed when everyone else who was at the Dam saw both FL (who was the NK attempt on N1 and thus confirmed town) and Max (who is a claimed tracker who can see actions). I can think of two reasons why MG3 might have been killed. The first is that the scum team have a rolecop that was used on MG3 during N1 and they wanted him gone because of his Bomb Squad ability because a scum member has the ability to place bombs on people. The second is that someone at the Pods was able to perform some kind of delayed kill on MG3 during N1.

Now the people who were at the Pods on N1 are me/Max/Keane/Chaos/MG3 and I know it's not me. I don't think it's Max given that he knew I searched on N1, so that only leaves Chaos and Keane. I know I said I think Keane is town earlier, but I'm starting to question that read. It's obviously not something I would vote on today, but I think that we need to be careful with both of them. The fact that Keane is resistant to the idea of claiming a night action is kind of skeeving me out because everyone has roles and if someone doesn't want to out themselves they could just say they searched and then say they lied to protect themselves if it gets called out at some point.

Hey Viva did you find the bomb due to your search?

Ultimately, I'm ok with a Gulag lynch right now (unless I actually use my lie detector and find out he's telling the truth) because I think one of Punt/Gulag have to be lying. I think a town Punt would claim if he was attacked because it clears a person and that's something I can't get past, so I think the first scenario of a scum rolecop at the Pods on N1 is more likely. If Punt is scum, then obviously he isn't going to confirm the damage and would be willing to let Gulag get lynched today even if it means he gets lynched tomorrow.

My spider-sense is really tingling here and I've gotta assume that scum have more than one way to avoid being at the actual kill site.

Yes, and pointing out that claiming an action may be a bad thing is pretty useful, especially since at the start of the game people were claiming for no reason whatsoever.

This is why I am resistant, because it isn't that I could lie and I'm not, but that demanding actions can easily bully town players into a misstep and that should be avoided, since the town is made of many players, not just me. This is a pretty simple concept.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Like this wasn't a "claim if you attack" thing, this was straight up NAH CLAIM YOUR DEAL GO FOR IT CHAMP which is absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Because we are having some good conversation going right now. No reason to cut that off just to end a day early.

This is correct.

• Locked thread