Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's been a while. I'd like to play :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming that Judge Parsons has a sick beard.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

gently caress this stupid loving game. I knew I shouldn't have loving started playing again.

Scumbo sighted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

gently caress off rear end in a top hat. I spent my last 3 loving games as scum and PM'd CPig when I signed up telling him to make sure I wasn't scum.

lol

:coffepal:

It'll be ok.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think both are scum but ##vote TMM

lol I think TMM's outrage is legitimate.

Since I can only vote one or the other...

##vote JakeP

Unless he can TD more than once, this is kind of silly.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

I could see Tmm getting pissed off getting scum and then getting Jake to try and bus him or get town cred

That's a powerful play though, TD to buss d1 when hardly anyone has checked in?

I think Jake's play is anti-town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Why would I care? It's loving thunderdome. The only person I can vote for is him or me and I'm not going to vote for myself.

He has a point, and I legitimately think that play by Jake is scummy. I mean it spurred a lot of conversation which is good, but why do that so early on?

I haven't played many games with TMM but this doesn't seem like scum bussing or floundering.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

the people calling my action scummy are pretty precious, as if what i am doing would make any sense with me being scum.

but if you think about it who knows about TMM he could be anything

y'all should vote TMM

I might be bad but I sure as shootin' ain't scum!

Also I am a tracker

OK well do you think TMM is scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

I answered his question

Hardly. No conviction in that response you gave.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

really ghostly gangsta you questioning me about what i think tmms alignment is is completely irrelevant and seems like you are making scum filler posts

The only reason I ask is because you have seemingly wasted what could have been a valuable town resource. I mean like I said, you got conversation going so I'll give you that, but outside of that... I don't see your play being town oriented.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

i mean i was gonna attack GG for funsies before i realized i couldnt track and attack, so i dont know if only scum would attack, and also GG could have been doing something else to FL while another player attacked him, but I did get a scummy vibe from GG yesterday, and going into the night he was my top pick for scum, so I would vote for him based on his scummy day 1 for sure.

To remind you his day 1 was basically just asking completely irrelevant questions to me and TMM, like whether i felt TMM was town or not (it literally didn't matter since he was the only player I could vote so who gives a poo poo what alignment i think TMM is at that point)

I asked one question, not several and it was all relevant to you using that Thunderdome D1. Which I still stand by as being idiotic.

Anyhow I did visit FL to see if he used any abilities, but my action was unsuccessful.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

Like the thing with GG is he doesn't seem to be looking for scum motivations, he looks to be looking for reasons to vote people. He constantly used the language "anti-town" but never uses the language "scummy"

I was looking to vote for you on D1 because you made it so that only you and TMM could be voted.

TMM was outraged and that didn't seem scummy to me, but your nonchalance with the TD and how you responded to questioning about it led me to believe your motives were less than town.

Now I just think you're being dense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

No not a tracker. I can see abilities, but not what they do.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Wait so you tracked FL?

2 trackers?

No not a tracker. I can see abilities, but not what they do.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

If that was it then I wouldn't have thought twice, but you do call me scummy, which to me seems like you trying to rationalize a vote that didn't need to be reationalized. It felt like a player self concsious about seeming scummy so you wanted to make sure the town knew your vote was motivated by your towniness, and not just that you were forced into making it

lol I had no reason to feel self-conscious, you TD'd.

JakeP posted:

what do you mean? like what would your result be?

Without direct quoting, I can see ability names, but not what they do. I would have gotten an ability name if my action had succeeded.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Hmm, GG, you are saying you didn't track FL, just that you can see what actions they do?

That doesn't quite make sense to me.

I'd say that part of my role is a variant of watcher or tracker.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Do you see every action they can do, or only the one that they use?

I'm supposed to see what actions they take, if it's an ability - I learn its name, but for whatever reason I didn't learn anything. Just got a sad face.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

wondering if GG action failed because FL didn't use an ability

This is my question as well, but I should have seen an action if he attacked, rested or searched.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

are you sure?

As far as I know?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

Well, I know TMM just searched, since I was told he poked around the rubble. I don't think GG's action would fail since everyone would have likely done something, and he would have been told what it was.

I only see my targets ability or action.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

If he was roleblocker the ability would fail entirely, wouldn't it?

Like I said, I just got a sad face.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Max posted:

GG did say it failed though?

Yes, followed by a sadface.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At work, maybe it's something else, maybe not a roleblock. I'm sure there are other ways to interpret what happened.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I ask that you give me until about 9 PM central time to mount a defense. I'm sure I can make you see reason.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gg

I tried to kill Flying Leatherman.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I knew I shouldn't have taken the night kill on N1 :(

Good game town, didn't expect that bunker to be unveiled. friggin' flying leatherman

• Locked thread