Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We're discussing this a lot in the CE thread, but I figured a new thread would be handy.

GQ Article on him http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/syria-isis-kevin-dawes
FBI page https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kevin-patrick-dawes/view
Cribs Caro Edition https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654634

And finally, news of his release! https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e1a3_story.html

Edit: Caro challenges a cop to a boxing match http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3318516

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was my first reaction, too.

psydude posted:

Wait so who are the lucky winners of the "Caro Lives" betting pool?

I'll link more caro threads in the OP if people track them down.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Casimir Radon posted:

I guess the reaeon he didn't come off the missing list was they had an inkling where he was, and were maybe trying to get him released. Hope he's banned from ever having a passport ever again.

I don't think he needs to lose a passport forever. I think with proper medication he can probably have as normal a life as someone who has spent the last four years in a death camp and 33 years as an un-medicated schizo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike-o posted:

How in the gently caress did that dude survive?

Retardstrength.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm still sitting here with full on stare eyes. :stare:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Teflon Don posted:

Now Caro has more time spent in an active war zone than most of the people that post here lol

this was true just with his libyan excursion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Naked Bear posted:

Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo.

This is me still hours later.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

What the gently caress do we do if he comes back here?

Permaban him unless he's on medication.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What if four years of Syrian death camp is actually the cure for paranoid schizophrenia?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Handsome Ralph posted:

Realtalk; Honestly, I hope he never posts here again (unless he's stable and has undergone years of therapy and medication) and gets some serious help. Dude's alive when by all odds he should have been dead a long time ago, hopefully some good comes out of it for him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think he's probably earned the post-911 at this point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

John Kerry was personally involved in freeing Caro.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The ruskies opened the diplomatic channel to get him back. Obama asked for help getting Americans home from syria and just now the russians said they're responsible for Caro going home.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I want to frame this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jimmy Smuts posted:

If there is a god, then wow, he really does look after the crazies

eh, there are hundreds of thousands of unmedicated schizos living on the streets of america or in our prisons. Caro is just a superhuman.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I checked this thread yesterday and we had 47 votes for a 5.0 ranking. Today 57 votes 4.95 average. Who the gently caress isn't enjoying the fact that Caro lives?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Two Finger posted:

That thread where he's calling out shep is some weapons grade crazy

No one was joking when they said he was an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic. It's a sight to behold for sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bored As gently caress posted:

I still can't believe he's not dead. I really really hope he gets the help he needs.

And maybe posts his story here too. What a crazy loving life he's had. Christ.

He really is the most interesting man in the world.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

T-shirts are always on my mind and all I can think of right now is one that says "I went to death camp and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" or a caro world tour shirt with dates on the back like a post concert t.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MurderBot posted:

What if he emerges and he's all super buff and sane? Like they fed him nothing but mass gainer and his jail cell was a full fledged planet fitness, also they snuck anti-psychotics into his PWO drink?

Then I guess shep is gonna get his rear end whooped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Be honest, he's not a bear but you'd lay Barry. He's a handsome man.

I heard long and skinny is good for anal c/d please

• Locked thread