Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

All right everyone, thank you all for coming. Elvis and I worked really hard to get this surprise party ready for Mirko Cro Cop’s glorious return to Zagreb for UFC Fight Night 86, 2 p.m. ET Sunday, April 10 on Fox Sports 1! Now turn the lights down and be quiet, I hear someone coming and I think this is him! Remember, when the door opens I’ll turn the lights on and everyone yell

SURPRI- Oh poo poo sorry everyone, false alarm, it’s a heavyweight bout between

”Big” Ben Rothwell

vs.

Junior dos Santos

Hey Ben, sorry to jump out at you. Thanks for coming! I assumed after two gogo chokes in a row including Josh Barnett, you wouldn’t be able to stop in tonight. Sorry your title shot didn’t work out, but I’m glad you could make it! I’ll go ahead and take your… uh… cloak while you help yourself to some punch. Hey everyone, life of the party’s here! Four in a row and look at him dance, haha! Elvis please make sure the door to my room is closed, my cat’s hiding in there and I found another dagger in Ben’s cloak.

Junior, Junior, Junior. Cigano, old buddy. Oops, looks like you’re drooling a little bit there. Let me get that for you-there ya go! Here, take Petra’s hand and she’ll bring you over to the cookies, and maybe put Nickelodeon on the TV for you. Elvis what the gently caress man, why did you invite JDS? Do you not remember what happened last time he and Mirko saw each other? He shattered Cro Cop’s orbital. Plus he hasn’t been the same at parties since the last two Cain fights, it’s just sad. His wife left him, he’s gone bald, the guy’s a mess. He’s bumming everyone out, Elvis, we want this to be a happy time for everyone.

Wait I hear people coming, everyone hide quick! SURPRI-damnit sorry again everyone, we’ve got another heavyweight bout between

Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis

vs.

Gabriel Gonzaga

Derrick, no offense but I thought we invited Ruslan Magomedov. That’s ok though, you’re more than welcome. You haven’t gone to the judges since 2011, that’s fun enough for me!

Elvis, did you seriously invite Gabriel Gonzaga to Mirko’s party? The guy who Cro Cop’d Cro Cop? I know Cro Cop just won the rematch but that’s still pretty messed up man. Why don’t you just bring all the terrorists Mirko arrested over to hang out with him for a night? Huh? Maybe look up his old prom date he never called back? Gonzaga isn’t even fun at parties anymore, he just shits the bed constantly. Look at him, he just peeled every banana in my kitchen and now he-HEY DON’T DO THA-great. Are you going to fix the drywall he just jumped through, Elvis? Are you going to pay for my funeral after my landlord kills me? Now there’s a hole into my neighbor’s apartment. They’re cooking curry man, the whole party reeks now.

SURPRI-ugh goddamn, everyone duck behind the couch and counter again, it’s yet another heavyweight bout between

Francis Ngannou

vs.

Curtis “Razor” Blaydes

Hey Francis, how are you do-what? Oh uh… you’re just gonna keep… I was aski- ok fine go ahead and check on the little smokies.

Hey look everyone, the Rumble Johnson impersonator came! Welcome to my party 5-0 heavyweight Curtis “Razor” Blaydes, it was a long flight from Nowhere, Oklahoma and I am glad you could join us.

Shh somone’s coming! SURPRI-oh Jesus Christ false alarm everybody, it’s a heavyweight bout between

Timothy Johnson

vs.

Marcin Tybura

Elvis, who the gently caress are these people? I said only invite Cro Cop’s friends, you just went to the bus station by the homeless shelter and yelled there was a party and everyone was invited again didn’t you? Goddamnit Elvis, you know Mirko has NEVER had an MMA fight here? I wanted this to be really special for him and here you are inviting strangers and bums he’s never met, you know this is why Lucija left you, you just can’t get anything ri-

oh somoene’s coming I think this is finally him, positions everyone SURPRI- augh dangit it’s a light heavyweight fight between

Igor Pokrajac

vs.

Jan Blachowicz

Elvis, why did you invite Igor back? Igor, you have a lot of nerve coming back here. You’re a bum, Igor, a 4-7, 1 NC in the UFC bum. You think you can finish a bunch of people without wikis and now all of a sudden you’re good to come back here after making Feijao look good in a UFC fight? This is just the worst.

Anyway, hello, sorry about all that. How are you doing, Stipe? Glad you could make it. Oh wait, gosh I’m so sorry what did you say your name was, Jan Blachowicz? Oh, you say you’ve been to my parties before? Hmm, are you sure? I don’t remember you, maybe you’re thinking of another person. You finished Ilir Latifi and got beasted 25-8? No, surely I’d remember those things. I swear to god I’ve never seen you a day in my life.

Wait I hear someone coming, maybe the fifth time’s the charm. Surpri- holy gently caress how do women so small have such heavy footsteps? This strawweight bout is between

Maryna Moroz

vs.

Cristina Stanciu

Elvis, I must say you probably didn’t completely gently caress it up this time. Sure Maryna Moroz is coming off of her first loss, but it was a competitive one with Valerie Letourneau, who in turn had a competitive bout with Joanna Champion. Before that she’s finished everyone, including goon favorite JoJo Calderwood. Come on in Maryna, I’ve got a pot of borscht for you on the counter.

Who’s this girl, Elvis? Apparently she’s also undefeated and has proven herself to be the third-best in her weight at makebelieve Chinese dancefighting on the Romanian, European and world stages? I don’t think any of that means anything but all right.

OK everybody I am really sorry about all the false starts, let me just call Mirko to see if he’s on the way. Oh look, he’s already texted me…
TURN OFF THE loving MUSIC, EVERYONE TAKE THEIR DRINKS AND GET OUT. THIS WHOLE drat SHITSHOW’S A BUST, APPARENTLY CRO COP SHOT A WHOLE VIAL OF BULL TESTOSTERONE INTO HIS BALLSACK THE EXACT SECOND THE PEE COLLECTOR WALKED IN THE ROOM SO HE’S NOT EVEN COMING NOW.. DON’T TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW ELVIS. LANA MEET ME IN THE BEDROOM, IF YOUR DEPOSIT’S NONREFUNDABLE THEN SOMEONE’S GETTING THE 10 PREMIUM LAPDANCES I PAID FOR GODDAMNIT loving SHITDICK

OTHER PARTY CRASHERS
FS1 Prelims, Noon ET
Welterweight Nicolas Dalby vs. Zak Cummings
Bantamweight Ian Entwistle vs. Alejandro Pérez
Lightweight Mairbek Taisumov vs. Damir Hadzović
Bantamweight Filip Pejić vs. Damian Stasiak

Fight Pass Prelims, 10:30 a.m. ET
Featherweight Robert Whiteford vs. Lucas Martins
Heavyweight Jared Cannonier vs. Cyril Asker
Welterweight Bojan Veličković vs. Alessio Di Chirico

Official Weigh-ins, 11:30 a.m. ET Saturday, April 9
http://www.ufc.com/media/fight-night-zagreb-official-weigh-in

Official MMA Snack Rating: Croatian radish dip for a guest of honor who’s never showing up

INGREDIENTS
1 pound radishes (about 25), julienned, plus whole radishes, for serving
1 1/4 cups sour cream
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
DIRECTIONS
Combine julienned radishes, sour cream, feta, lemon zest and juice, salt, and dill. Serve with toasts and whole radishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://s1.webmshare.com/44vj9.webm

Just in case it's needed tomorrow.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 9, 2016

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
timothy johnson has a great twitter account @dinkmagic

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I hope Whiteford wins, and I hope Dos Santos doesn't die in the cage.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hahahahahahaha.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lmao

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Anik sucks

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
UFC Headliner Junior Dos Santos: "Ben Rothwell is strange, so fans will root for me."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JDS is too innocent and pure for this career.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

odds on jds have just dropped dramatically given ben rothwell's strong record against bullies

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Francis Ngannou walked out to the braveheart theme in Orlando so I am eternally a fan.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

quote:

So happy to have this back in my life

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That's a lot of heavyweight fights!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCLkasPsNHU

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i hope mike wins...

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
we've had a bit of an MMA drought so I'll take what I can get

jds used to be my favorite fighter and I can always laugh at the beating he puts on roy nelson as a reminder that "at least im not getting punched by jds 300 times"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i've got jds and The Black Beast. how about you guys

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Rothwell and the Black Beast will beast all over this card.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Rothwell and the Black Beast will beast all over this card.

This is how I'm leaning

Gonzaga has looked awful for a while now

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
since beast has been used as a verb i'd like to head things off at the pass and say that croatia is an eu member state and thusthe reason he's not on this card is it would actually be illegal for him to violate the working time directive

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
I rewatched Rothwell vs Barnett. Not impressed with Ben's striking game. JDS should style all over him, if he loses badly it's definitely time for a career re-eval. 5 rounds probably benefits Ben.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

JDS has looked so bad recently. I think the poor dude should retire :(

I love both him and Rothwell, can't really choose who I'd want to win more. But I think Junior's done.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

diesiel posted:

I rewatched Rothwell vs Barnett. Not impressed with Ben's striking game. JDS should style all over him, if he loses badly it's definitely time for a career re-eval. 5 rounds probably benefits Ben.

If anything it seems like Rothwell's epilepsy standup has been an advantage as of late.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

He should get the analyst job that frank mir was going to get

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
I also don't think JDS is as brain-damaged as most people believe (yet).

He beat Miocic with a torn acl, underwent surgery and rehab (i'm currently rehabbing this surgery -- it's a motherfucker, not everyone is Cruz) then he lost to Alistair... probably the most likely guy at HW to knock anyone out , now we'll see how he does against Rothwell. I think at least 3-5 fights are necessary to truly see if a fighter is "shot" like people say. Even still, a career resurgence is always possible despite an awful skid, especially at HW.

He used to fight 2-3x per year, now he's down to 2 times in the last 2 years; that's a big deal. Guys like Overeem / hunt / rothwell /arlovski took more damage throughout their careers, and they're not doing too badly for themselves lately.

diesiel fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The problem in the Overeem fight was that he was extremely gunshy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

boy, that is a lot of heavyweight fights on this card

this card puts the "pass" in fight pass

i edited that joke in a minute after i made this post cause i'm slow

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

cams posted:

Very original joke too.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Very original joke too.
thanks, i'm really funny

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The problem in the Overeem fight was that he was extremely gunshy.

usually i'm quite critical of overeem's constant stance switching but in that fight it was part of what kept jds guessing imo. the rothwell jig sort of does the same thing but much less coordinated and measured, so i don't think it'll have the same effect.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
hail rothwell my dark lord and master

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

hes right

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

big ben hangs his toilet paper roll properly so he's cool with me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i forget, is igor the guy who jumped off a cliff into the sea and rescued someone from a sinking car by smashing the windshield? i remember it was a croatian fighter who disappeared from the ufc shortly after but i can never remember the name.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
That was Goran Reljic

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
man i really hope there's no racist poo poo tomorrow, there's 4 black dudes on this card and it's in croatia...

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

cams posted:

ACtually a lot of heavyweight fights is good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Mairbek Taisumov is a pretty cool fighter, Tractor kicked the poo poo out of him but since then he has had some violent finishes

I also like watching Zak Cummings fight, for some reason

• Locked thread