Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was a typo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

That was a typo

Oh I thought it was a startling revelation.

Also 4 minutes into episode 2 and Yottsun is a jerk. He is no longer the master of my soul.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Pavlov posted:

This show is :gooncamp: the anime. That's going to be hard to resist.
At the very least, try engaging with it on a level beyond sitcom snarky dismissal, please.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Amstrad posted:

Shocking twist: everyone assumes gun-otaku's uzi is just airsoft, but it turns out to be a real uzi

I thought it was a real gun, and nobody cared

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

I thought it was a real gun, and nobody cared

:same:
they don't seem to care about the machete, soo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that Yattsun has proved himself to be a poor role model, I have switched gears to the Survival Duo.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm rooting for Soy Latte and Jack based solely on their names

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Now that Yattsun has proved himself to be a poor role model, I have switched gears to the Survival Duo.

I'm okay with Nyan-gun girl, I don't like the guy

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only survivor will be Bus Driver

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Wankoro will be the last survivor, only to die of cancer in the credits.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
The latest episode was a fake out, and with a repentance monologue and a character redemption plotline, Yottsun will be the sole survivor. He returns to society, creates a best selling hip-hop album and tours the world. Unfortunately he dies in a hotel room of a heroin overdose in the credits.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
In a twist, there is no serial killer or bears in the woods. The biggest killers will be starvation and malnutrition, as these internet denizens did not realise they would have to farm their own food in an isolated, abandoned town. Through murder over pieces of fruit and eventual cannibalism, the last survivor will be Jigoku no Gouka, thanks to his survival skills he read on a 2chan forum thread.
In the ending credits he suffers a cut while foraging in the forest, and succumbs to an infection, which would have easily have been cured by modern medicine in a hospital.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Bad Seafood posted:

At the very least, try engaging with it on a level beyond sitcom snarky dismissal, please.

That was a compliment. Gooncamp is some of the funniest poo poo to come out of the forums.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Sydnesider posted:

In a twist, there is no serial killer or bears in the woods. The biggest killers will be starvation and malnutrition, as these internet denizens did not realise they would have to farm their own food in an isolated, abandoned town. Through murder over pieces of fruit and eventual cannibalism, the last survivor will be Jigoku no Gouka, thanks to his survival skills he read on a 2chan forum thread.
In the ending credits he suffers a cut while foraging in the forest, and succumbs to an infection, which would have easily have been cured by modern medicine in a hospital.

Twist: The cops do know about the place, arrest everyone for trespassing. Serial killer shows up late and wonders where everyone went.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The fact that they had a mailbox is kinda :what:

Plus all the usual unsuspended disbelief about a village built outta nowhere, blah blah blah

I normally don't go in for horror but this does seem interesting.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

hello i am here for the igarashi hiromi character otherwise known as the voice actor of futaba anzu and also a bunch of hentys

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

MJP posted:

The fact that they had a mailbox is kinda :what:

Plus all the usual unsuspended disbelief about a village built outta nowhere, blah blah blah

I normally don't go in for horror but this does seem interesting.

Well, there are actual abandoned villages in Japan, you can find pictures of them if you do some googling.
They're pretty creepy really. Just like in they've showed so far the houses are all empty, but with furniture and electronics and whatnot just left, as though all the residents just up and decided to move out one day.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I was surprised at how upset I got when the bus went over the cliff. I had watched Grisaia no Kajitsu fairly recently (6 months ago?), but I didn't expect that it would have that kind of lasting effect.

My working theory is that this is some manner of reality/candid-camera TV show. The Japanese do amoral things with their reality TV/movies (Once they sent an AV star to live and have sex with a man for 3 days, not revealing until afterward that he had murdered and eaten a woman in Paris a few short decades beforehand), and given the general demographics of our group of rejects (technologically inclined and antisocial internet people) along with the fact that there's no cell signal/wiring/etc in the village would seem to suggest that there's something weird going on.

Plus, there was that whole "Koharu~n Check" moment, which felt like the host was doing his best to look like a gameshow host to the audience, while appearing as-inconspicuous-as-possible to the gang.

I'm almost certainly wrong (I haven't guessed right on any mystery show except ERASED), but it's entertaining to think about.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Kytrarewn posted:

(Once they sent an AV star to live and have sex with a man for 3 days, not revealing until afterward that he had murdered and eaten a woman in Paris a few short decades beforehand)

What the holy gently caress. Does Japanese TV really get this hosed up?

This being a disguised reality show is plausible at this point, but I'd need more to be sold on it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Japanese

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway uh i don't have a problem with your theory, which would actually be pretty cool, but the rest of this post is weird. probably could've done without the indictment of Japan's morals and cannibal talk

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah, if you're going to indict japan's morals, you should at least do it for something already in the show, like their treatment of minorities for instance (RIP Yottsun).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
:gb2gbs:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Started actually watching this. Currently on episode two; I like Mikage's response to people trying to screw the bus driver after the crash. Not going to help the man because of the "starting new lives" thing? Alright fuckers, let's go all-in on it, then; give him all your money. It's not like we'll need it in our new lives. There isn't any real response you can make to that. I think I like him; he's kind of an abrasive dick, but he seems cool otherwise. Edit: Though it seems like everyone else sucks, if I interpreted that scene right. Wow, what jerks.

Valkana (Varukana?) can go sit on a cactus or something, though. What an rear end in a top hat.

I'm not sure what to make of this show yet; first episode was some sort of dark comedy or a mix of horror and farce or something, and everything feels a bit off. It still reminds me of Haunted somewhat, too, which makes sense since that was a weird horror-comedy-satire mix as well. I'm optimistic, though reading this thread it sounds like things are going to get not-great later in this episode, which I'm not looking forward to.

Edit: Lion's pretty good too. The main character's kind of a dumbass, though. Also probably crazy, but that's tangential.

Edit again: Holy crap Judgness is such a dweeb. That was embarrassing to watch.

Edit the fourth: Ahahahaha, Mitsumune unintentionally insulting the girl who was trying to mess with him because she doesn't like him was pretty good. She seemed to miss the irony of the situation, though.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 14, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Jack seems cool, I hope he survives. When's somebody gonna die already?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

good news

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I fully dig this show. The high volume of voices where each represents a different social extreme is a fun setup, even if it is a somewhat common idea.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Lovepon is growing on me.

Speedstar can go take a long walk off a short pier though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:lost::lost::lost:

I'm not sure if I'm really feeling this, but I'm not quite giving up yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lovepon's gimmick is getting tiresome.

Jack shoulda totally beaten the poo poo outta Hyoketsu.

:rip: Yottsun I barely knew you.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm rooting for you, Jack.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I am cautiously optimistic that Bulldozer P.I. will rise up and become the one likable character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Varukana is slowly becoming dear to my heart after having been a jackass for the first two episodes.

I have a soft spot in my heart for wounded badasses.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If he had chosen to shed tears instead of threaten Koharun he would be my new favorite character.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's really amazing how most of these people are just CONSTANTLY SCREAMING ALL THE TIME!!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

alcharagia posted:

It's really amazing how most of these people are just CONSTANTLY SCREAMING ALL THE TIME!!

Sounds like someone is insufficiently passionate about executions.

We have a cure for that around here.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is the cure execution?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

alcharagia posted:

You should read Fourteen if you haven't already. Every single line is shouted.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Prediction: Masaki turns into a bear (again), eats everyone, hooks up with Maimai.

Many years later, the events of Yuri Kuma Arashi begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Mitsumune's friend is really controlling and creepy, I can't wait for his façade to get torn away and we find out he organized the bullying to make the kid become dependent on him or something equally insane.

• Locked thread