Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
this thread will be for both console and pc versions, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Just get a gamepad, it makes the game click pretty much

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CappyBottoms posted:

I was trying to pre-order this on Playstation last night but all the sudden my credit card does not work and sony will not help me so I think I'm going to break down and buy the sun Xbox One.

I just really hope within a few months that the Xbox One fan base is not around for this game.

can you try paypal for the playstation store?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Anasurimbur posted:

So, Amazon isn't sending my "Day one edition" until Thursday - which is just unacceptable for me. I didn't realize that it was going to take two days until I received the game that I pre-ordered.

I sat down on PSN to go purchase the game and I keep getting errors all around: At first I received a credit card error despite everything being correct (I Just used it on PSN a few days ago.) When I went to just add funds rather than directly buy the game I got a generic "cannot do that" error. I attempted to buy online - same thing.

PSN's lack of service is so loving frustrating. Likely just going to buy game cards and plug those in, now - here's hoping that'll work.

It should, that is how I fixed my purchasing problem earlier last year

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
is Durante still mad at the souls scene or whatever

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tenzarin posted:

What time does steam unlock?

32 mins

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ds3 when? six minute

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i have clicked play

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RBA Starblade posted:

How is anyone dying to Gundyr? Starting as a knight, he hit me only once, and longswording his butt worked well enough. Same with the boss after him.

Neat!

some of us are not good at *Souls. Some of us also compounded their problem by bingeing Hyper Light Drifter over the weekend so that we pressed wrong buttons, a lot, for the first couple hours of DS3 :downs:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ugh, whole work day between me and more dying. what a world

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if you're seeing crash issues i'm curious to know which video card you have

e: i have a 900-series nvidia and i haven't crashed

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Lol I killed the guy with the stone on his back who you're supposed to get in firelink :downs:

I kind of hate the build i did so I might start over

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did that too because I took his dialogue literally. He says "Grant me death" so out came a claymore leap attack.

Yeah exactly :unsmith:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Innerguard posted:

Still can't beat tutorial boss. I am aware I need to get good. I just can't seem to dodge him properly and can't block as a Herald. Tried hugging him and strafing to right, he just does some attack and I'm on my back.

try keeping a long distance, he does one of two things in that situation--basically high jump attack or long lunge attack. either one is super easy to dodge and leaves him open to 2-3 hits. the same thing applies in the second phase, but it's high jump and wide sweep medium jump instead

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

axeil posted:

Okay so I'm going to ask a really dumb question.

How do you set up/use weapon arts? I've yet to figure out how to enable them and I've just run around doing the standard attack/strong attack but these weapon arts sound neato.

i think it depends on the weapon but for instance, with rapier, you hold l2 to move yourself into a new stance and then your r1/r2 attacks change

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

The Shortest Path posted:

How am I supposed to kill these blob things on the high wall? They oneshot me from full health and I cannot kill them in a full stamina bar, so it just ends up with me inevitably trying to dodge and poke which fails horrifically since their attacks are large and occasionally frequent.

if you mean the black growths that come out of seemingly normal zombies, firebombs help

i don't think the early ones need to be killed more than once. you can run past the one on the roof

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Chard posted:

foiled by tree nards

i summoned a sunbro named Desu Waifu to defeat tree nards :3:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Bass Bottles posted:

I've played enough of these games where I should know this by now, but do people constantly put "Hidden path ahead" signs in front of random walls just to mess with me?? :mad:

of course, and "try jumping off" in front of every scenic vista with no ledge below

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CJacobs posted:

That's not funny, you fooled me for a second :saddowns:

Haha goddamn, that's a good one

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Harrow posted:

I am not a fan of the NPC invader in the Undead Settlement. He's of the Dark Souls 2 school of NPC invader, I see: heal himself constantly and take jack poo poo for damage in return.

I ended up having to retreat because I ran out of Estus and he'd kill me in one more hit, so I'm sure glad I get to do the area again and then probably have the exact same thing happen :smith:

yeah he's a pain in the rear end solo that becomes a joke if you have a summoned bro

also if you fight him near the little bridge you can walk under (directly on the path to the bandsaw guy), he may just fall through the world and die. happened to me last night

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Eonwe posted:

last night I played for a while and got to the ice boss guy thats fairly early in the game

I was very close to being able to beat him when I go to bed

someone talks about a katana guy near Firelink should i even bother trying him right now, considering how bad I am

katana guy is killable but can take quite a few tries

or you can lure him into falling off the nearby cliff. even if you also fall, his loot bag will be there when you respawn

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Cultisto posted:

They've really lowered the amount of souls you get for co-op huh. I just hung out around Vordt dropping my sign for a good hour and I think I was getting 750ish souls per kill, though there were so many people doing the same that it wasn't hard to rack up a good chunk since every kill was taking about a minute.

i think the first purple npc invader gives 3,000 and takes about that long

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nopantsjack posted:

having trouble summoning my mate, we both have the same password on but he doesn't see my sign?

Any hot tips n tricks to deal with this?

he might need to be within two weapon upgrade levels of you. that might only be for invasions though

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nopantsjack posted:

hes +0 I'm +2 think that should work, we were having it be spotty but serviceable but hes rerolled warden and now no joy.

weird :(

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

John DiFool posted:

so is this a crashy mess? worth getting now or wait and see if they patch it up?

Depends on what vidcard you have and how well-cooled/dust-free your case/card are, it seems. i'm having no problems with a 4690k and nvidia 980, but i haven't checked my temps yet

or just get it on ps4

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

turtlecrunch posted:

Covenants how to access, in roughly the order you will encounter them -
    covs

i like your nicknames for things

CJ posted:

The pilgrim guy in the shrine tricked me and made me black. Is there a way to undo it?

i don't know what you mean by this and it sounds really funny

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CJ posted:

It's exactly as it sounds. I talked to one of those pilgrims that was in Firelink Shrine and he said he would bring out my full power and now i'm black.

:darksouls:

sorry i can't be more helpful

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
just remembered--was there no full random appearance button in character creation this time? i thought at least one of the previous games had one

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
woops

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tenzarin posted:

How are people having computer problems? The game runs perfect for me.

Turned off AA and motion blur because its basically unneeded.

Win 7 with a 980 ti.

man with $650 vidcard asking how poors have problems running a game

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

DeathSandwich posted:

Without spoiling anything, how far into the game do I have to be to get the bluecop covenant. I want to counter invade dudes and hit them with a giant spikey hammer

not very far, like second bonfire in the first non-tutorial area i think

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if i get summoned and stuck on the switching screen with the cycling tips, it will fail eventually and spit me back out, right? . . . right?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
this game is so drat fun

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Wasted three embered statuses tonight on trying to get abyss watchers. All three times the person I summoned seemed to not be able to join me in the arena. :sigh: from, from never changes

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

RBA Starblade posted:

Are the servers dead? No summons, no summon signs, no invasions.

Also wow the game gets a lot harder on a hdtv compared to the monitor. Nice one second input lag there. Also I just realized that the Knight's armor starts with what might as well be zero poise. It has failed to let me attack through everything, including a tiny lil' rat. Interesting trick compared to the last two games.

Quit out and start your game again, it will reconnect

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Robo Reagan posted:

There's like 130,000 people playing so some server hiccups are expected

Agreed, though ironically I never had trouble getting in to help others :shrug:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Toriori posted:

I collected the sun token from the soup. Am I in the covenant? I'm gold when summoned now.

as long as you equip it in the fifth "ring" slot yeah

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

nopantsjack posted:

I need to be stronker. Any decent places to farm souls before killing the Abyssal boys?

put your summon sign down for Asylum Demon, tree boss, or the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire (the first purple npc is 3000 souls). All have pretty good potential with low risk by that point

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 13, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Gortarius posted:

Okay, where do I go from the settlement? I feel like I've exhausted every corner of the drat place.

So far I've killed the tree, which apparently was optional, killed the fire demon with sieg, opened up the door in the sewer section, rescued the maiden from her cell... I just don't see where a new path would open up. I'm starting to be overleveled for this place.

from the basement bonfire (the one before dilapidated bridge) go across the bridge (there's two or three cauldron dudes across it) to a building where you can take an elevator down to fight an ice demon miniboss. there is a door after that miniboss with a new bonfire outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

The Walrus posted:

anyone? the asylum demon boss is one of the ones I'm missing apparently? thanks

asylum demon is in the poison swamp. find hte building with three slugs at the bottom of a ladder. climb the ladder, go inside and light bonfire, take an elevator in that room up to the roof. asylum demon is at the top on the left

(this is not before the settlement)