Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why must NBC always start half a fuckin' hour after the game listing.
It drives me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think you mean Malkquist

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Consol sounds loud today. For the first time ever.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What must be going through a defenseman's mind when he sees Malkin and Crosby in front of him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cullen just embarrassed some Rangers in the corner.
Also thank god that was a save.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I am lovin' this Crosby/Malkin double-shifting.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

grack posted:

Over/Under until Staal jabs Lundqvist in the other eye?

I imagine Hank told him not to come within ten feet of him tonight or he'll give him the ol' Hextall

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rust and Sheary are good hockey players.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sullivan fuckin' loves him some Connor Sheary

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

What were Maatta's fancystats like this year? Because honestly he's mostly looked bad with only occasional flashes of good. Today being no exception.

They were good, between 2nd and top pairing according to the tableau graphs guy. He's still got a sweet breakout pass but he has been a little more deferential this year than in previous years, which is fine. He had no chance to really train this offseason as I recall.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

havent the pens been far and away the best 2nd period team this year

Once again I'm surprised that they played a 1st period in an afternoon game at all. Must've been all the old fucks slowing them down because they used to be hot garbage at those.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kessel lovin' the 4 on 4

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A real human being, and a real hero! :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kessel always looks effortless on the ice but he's also always hunched over suckin' air on the bench. The guy is a fiend.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

malkin looking a lil rusty unsurprisingly

Rust ironically enough, not so much.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We're going to put Phil Kessel's name on the Stanley Cup and usher in a century of good luck from the hockey gods, I'm calling it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That was an abysmal powerplay.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Are you fuckin' kidding me

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

jfc the rangers got 2 relatively lucky goals we're not melting down you negative fucks
This - it's not a systemic breakdown. Weird bounces and two dudes blew their coverage.
Pens are not going to win a game on goaltending. This is not new.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

Jesus the announcers are salty over that call

I like that they're making fun of Bettman being too cheap to buy bigger tablets.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now I am alarmed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think the Rangers have picked up on that drop at the blue line play. Maybe want to mix that up now, Sullivan.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:fork:
See you all next game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hockey hurts my heart.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

Isn't it weird Budweiser tried to be craft beer for like 4 years and now they are like "gently caress it, we the NFL of beer. Drink our loving hamburger swill you grandpas."

Who was trying to be the "champagne of beers" or whatever hipster poo poo they were trying to sell? Was that miller or coors?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Please suspend Lovejoy.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

it's been called the champagne of beers for literally decades

Well they have been lying for decades. In any case the commercial was also really irritating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgTXJrDCJfQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's probably a concussion

• Locked thread