Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tommunist posted:

hello i have decided i'm going to make a genuine effort this game.

I'm excited.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Is that your excited face?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi. Confirming.

Mod is trolling me and part of my role is a post limit. So I have a set endpoint in this game. Probably gone by D2 depending on how much I post. But I'll try to extend my stay as long as possible by posting infrequently.

I'll try to make each of my posts matter though. Save up things I want to respond to and multi-quote/respond. We'll see how that goes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I like Krell's posting thus far. Seems like he's going to try this game. That makes me happy. Tomm also seems to be giving an effort this game so far. Yay.

---

I think Hiip's a valid target for a lurker cuddle if he doesn't step up. That's the point of lurker cuddles, getting these folks to come out of their shells and start posting in games. So far he seems to be playing his standard game.

---

We have several folks who still haven't checked in yet though and thus have less posts then Hiip:

chaoslord
Moatillata -- new guy?
Meinburg

I think these folks would also be valid targets for a lurker cuddle if they don't shape up by the end of the day. Not the new guy if he at least checks in, but if he doesn't , probably still a good purge.

---

I have no idea what is going on with Kash and those weird things he is saying. Is that from Dark Souls?

---

I've got gut scum feels on Rurea. ##vote Rurea I'd also consider voting for Inf for being a roleblocker.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

krell is just really playing up the part of 'newbie.' what about his posts gives you the impression that he's going to make a serious(lol..ahahahha) attempt to 'play mafia'

I've never seen him put this kind of effort in, he seems very earnest. I'm in favor of it and I believe his efforts are genuine.

Harold Krell posted:

:( I really am trying this time around...

---

GulagDolls posted:

id like to hear more about the reasoning behind rurea vote beyond 'gut' since, its one of the few serious votes in this game

Well, it's hard when it's gut, but the bottom line is it felt like Rurea was trying really hard to joke around/joke vote/etc while avoiding anything serious. The below was my main trigger:

Rurea posted:

This game is a mess. Vote hiipfire to restore order

He was doubling down on what was theoretically a joke vote. This pinged me pretty hard.

Since my last post, he does have a serious post on Inf which is pretty good. My only hesitation is I'm wondering if he was doing it to get credit for helping to cuddle his scum buddy when it seemed his cuddle was going to be a sure thing. It comes after both Kashuno and Rarity make posts about how they are baffled that we aren't cuddling inf yet.

---

Mayor Glowku posted:

Sorry I was spooked into saying that
twice

Just want to comment on this. Things are happening during the day that we can't see as an fyi. Not sure if this one was real or not since he later retracts it, but Jimson even updated the OP to mention that people should be checking their PMs during the day. Kashuno having people say a code word to join his cult is another example of that. ;)

---

Moatillata posted:

what up thread don't mind me, I'm just chilling. Just praising for a bit.

This gif is the greatest.

---

JakeP posted:

##vote tommunist

i don't like how he is cyber bullying harold Krell

This vote on Tommunist to put him at 7 is really bad. I actually agree with the sentiment, but still. It also comes directly after a flood of inf votes, which makes it seem weirder and stand out.

---

GulagDolls posted:

funny how there was a big campaign against lurkers and non-entities, and yet, imgay accrues zero non-me votes.

It's still early-ish, but if he doesn't jump on the content train I'd be fine to vote him. He's at least posting though, which imho is better then those who aren't even doing that.

---

I was going to swap my vote to infinitum here, but that would put him at -2 and we still have 24 hours left in the day. I'd like to allow time for folks like Chaos to come in and post.

---

Kashuno posted:

nice i am building the best crew

I'm going to laugh so hard if this is really a cult.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Rurea: puts together a rational and well presented case that was the main thrust in Inf's lynch, strong town vibes

I want to remind you that Rurea's good case came hours after you and kashuno made noises about how ridiculous it was that we weren't cuddling Inf yet. You yourself admit that scum would want to be on the inf cuddle and this could have been a way for him to generate lots of town cred. I believe it was already a foregone conclusion when Rurea made his case even though the votes hadn't been made yet. It also served a dual purpose since I had accused Rurea of not being serious and then BAM he gets to make an easy case on his scum buddy to prove his investment. :)

I'm still not 100% sure on this, or Rurea would be dead right now (will explain that in a moment). Didn't want to kill someone who may in fact have been beneficial to town.

After rereading, I agree that AA and Cpig look way worse though. AA in particular's post is really weird in the context of a full reread. What he said and when he said it, relative to his previous posts in the thread and the votes at the time. This one feels like a slam dunk.

##vote AA

Rarity posted:

Also noticed KB popped up soon after Inf's claim but didn't comment on it except to say "would vote" while voting Rurea instead. He posts again but doesn't vote for Inf under the basis it would put him at -2 too early. I think at that point it was obviously too late to save Inf so scum would want to jump on but I'm still not too thrilled by KB's posts.

Because I felt strong pings on Rurea and wanted to make sure people knew how serious I felt about it. It's harder when I'm trying to confine thoughts into as few posts as possible.

On not voting at -2, I really wanted the people who hadn't had a chance to post like Chaos to have a chance to get in there and make it happen. Keep in mind my post came 24 hours before deadline. Also, I was right. Other people couldn't keep it in their pants and we ended the day like 22 hours early. This means people like Chaos never got a chance to post before days end. I consider that very anti-town and I'm mad at the people that made the hammer happen.

Rarity posted:

KB, what is your post count limit?

My 31st post since the game started has to be my suicide note, or I can do it earlier if I want out of the game I guess. Given I normally post well over 30 posts per game day, this is a struggle for me. I thought I'd burn through at least 15 posts on D1. I figured I'd have to post at least a few times to change my vote and the like when deadline approached and that the final hour or two before deadline would be when I'd make most of the posts. On the plus side, the early day meant I didn't use as many of my posts. But the down side is it meant death for Chaos.

---

Yesterday during the day the Dragon Covenant awarded me a night vig. I'm not sure what prompted it, something I said or if it was targeted or what. I just got a PM asking if I wanted to duel with the dragon's ferocity and said yes and got granted the kill while keeping all my existing role/alignment/restrictions in place. I used it in the way I always used my kills, for the betterment of the game, and took out the lowest post count person, Chaos. As I mentioned earlier, I debated going for Rurea instead since I think she might be scum, but decided to stick with lurker elimination instead.

So that means Kashuno was was probably the scum kill last night. Unless other people got awarded kills too.

---

Rurea posted:

I really think KB is scummmmm. His vote on me was really useless, especially if he has a post limit. You would think he would choose his votes wisely

Delayed OMGUS. :) I think I chose wisely. And again, we still had almost a full day of real time left in the day. It's not my fault people ended the day early, I even tried to warn against it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That leaves us needing to find scum within the context of their posting. There have been lots of funny posts. Posts with dark souls pictures and jokes, but look at who is throwing shade and at how they throw it. My suspicion is highest on Rarity and KB, not because they came after me, but their posts are fake, and they know it. KB couldn't even answer my question directed at him. If not scum, some type of non town aligned 3P.

I'm going to waste a post here to call out how dishonest this is. I haven't made another post since you asked your question. And you are well aware of my reasoning for it, even if you disbelieve.

This is SUPER scummy. My vote is in the right place.

I guess I'll take a moment now to megapost though so this isn't wasted. Even though people don't seem to want to read all the words. :)

---

JakeP posted:

Stuff about rarity being scum

Hmmm, I guess I can see this. Would vote.

---

GulagDolls posted:

rurea scum

Yes, more are seeing it.

---

I made 2 posts before I voted, and it was on the subsequent IRL day. The last post before those 2 was 16 hours before so catching up was being done. Then I voted again incase the votes got reset. So there's some inconsistency in your accusation here. You're trying to spin my posting into a scum context, but as soon as I saw the results of Infinitum claiming, I posted a vote and questioned why there weren't more because he was clearly scum.

What did I say and when did I say it? My comments in response to Rarity are relevant here. You're not actually reading more so than trying to place my votes and posts in a scummy context and there's actually none to be had.

Ok, so context. Not many people paying attention to Inf. Then Rarity and Kashuno are all like, why aren't people paying attention to Inf? He's obviously scum. On the same page, a couple of posts about Dark Souls, then:

I suck at all the Souls games. I reinstalled 1 last night and remembered that I was terrible.

So you ignore the stuff on the same page about Inf, but respond to the dark souls stuff. You show no interest in Inf here. Then in about an hour we get Rurea's case on Inf and vote. Revolver jumps on with his own vote. And then you post a couple minutes later:

Why aren't there more votes on infinitum, he claimed roleblocker with no protective capabilities.

##vote Infinitum

This is SOOOO fake. OMG. The writing was on the wall, your scum buddy Inf was going to go down so you decided to jump on here while making it seem like you are in disbelief that others haven't done it. It's the combo of these two posts that looks especially bad to me especially in light of the flow of the game.

I will say, the only thing that gives me pause is I don't think you and Rurea could be in a scum doc together, so if I'm right about you, I'm wrong about him, and vice versa.

---

Speaking of Rurea again, remember this post?

Rurea posted:

I really think KB is scummmmm. His vote on me was really useless, especially if he has a post limit. You would think he would choose his votes wisely

No vote on me. Never revisited this. I think this was scum floating something to see if it picked up steam before voting. No one else picked up the bait so he dropped it.

---

Moatillata posted:

If this doesn't work I'm gonna have to give pyromancy a go.

Jimson posted:

A great flame has been re-ignited

Related?

---

So right now I'd be willing to vote AA, Rurea, and Rarity I guess.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's a weak attempt to bus your teammate behind me KB. I'm VT, I will gladly die today. If it opens up eyes to let people know that you are full of it, and are likely in cahoots with Rarity.

My soul for the Fair Lady. If I do flip today, I beg you all to really scrutinize KB and Rarity. They aren't town aligned.

You didn't actually address my points? But nice deflection? What was I wrong about on you exactly?

You said I was scum because I didn't answer your question. Question answered. Why am I scum now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Azuth0667 posted:

KB can you elaborate more on rurea cause thats only one i had felt the scum from so far. Anomalous Amalgam just seemed like a moron that dug way o deep of a hole way to fast.

My post history is very short currently, should be easy to see all I've said on Rurea. I think I've said everything that it is possible to say given his content in the game.

---

flerp posted:

how many posts do you have left? whats the restriction?

Same answer kind of goes for this. This is one of those let me google this for you situations. But here is my post about it:

King Burgundy posted:

My 31st post since the game started has to be my suicide note, or I can do it earlier if I want out of the game I guess.

I think this post I'm making right now will be #10, but I had 3 posts before the game started. So my suicide has to be by my 34th post in the thread. 23 non suicide posts to go.

---

Azuth0667 posted:

Also how confidant are you AA is scum from 1 to 10 1 being nto confidant drunk postin.

Eh. As confident as I ever really am without results. Like a 7.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Azuth0667 posted:

Okay enjoy this then.

:activates eye of death:

##EyeOfDeath Rurea and Anomalous Amalgam

Thread please kill KB if he's wrong.

Exciting. If I'm wrong, I'm fine suiciding early if people want to vote me so the vote isn't wasted.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not stalling at all, I just didn't know if it was like a dayvig or something. I guess I'll wait and see. Look I hope you feel like a turd loving scrublord when you realize I'm town.

But you still haven't addressed my points or answered my questions. Doesn't that make you scum? :)

I missed posting.

Yeah, I was assuming some kind of vig, but since he voted you, guessing it's a thunderdome instead? Guess we'll see.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You directed no questions towards me in your wall o' text. Just more conjecture. However, you should go with how you feel scumlord :)

Now you are just trying to get me to burn through my posts. :)

There are questions to you on this very page.

Rurea posted:

Also I wonder why people keep asking to re-iterate the case on me? Is it because it's not a good case maybe???????

It's because the extra downside of my PR is people don't want to read lengthy posts. Their eyes gloss over and they skim or skip it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

I am Vanilla Town.

I am refraining from voting today, and I suggest you all do the same because Azuth couldn't keep it in his pants and had to TD two town players.

The only alignment you should be sure of is your own, so shouldn't you be voting AA out of self preservation? I'm just a tad confused by how sure you seem to be that he's town.

Rurea posted:

Gulag, Revolver, and Imgay are all very possible scum.

KB gives me bad vibes also.

I'm not scum. But I'll off myself tomorrow day phase if you or AA don't flip scum as expected and people want me dead for it. Regardless, I won't be making it to end game, so it's a non issue.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea is at -1 fyi.

Votecount for Day 2

Rurea (10): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, JakeP, flerp, TheDonPeters, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, tpink, imgay, CapitalistPig, Mayor Glowku
Anomalous Amalgam (5): Rarity, King Burgundy, Harold Krell, HiipFire, Azuth0667, HiipFire, HiipFire, Rarity, Rarity, Pinterest Mom, Azuth0667
Lynch No One! (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Absurd Revolver (1): Rurea, flerp, flerp
Rarity (0): JakeP, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, JakeP
HiipFire (0): imgay, Pinterest Mom, GulagDolls, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Pinterest Mom, GulagDolls, imgay
Pinterest Mom (0): HiipFire, JakeP, JakeP, HiipFire
GulagDolls (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
TheDonPeters (0): TheDonPeters, TheDonPeters

Not Voting (4): Meinberg, Moatillata, Puntification, Tommunist

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 26th, 2016 at noon PDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 29 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

Actually I am gonna open thread to get some votes. Would you guys rather I do a mini flip and edit flavor in later? Or would you rather I prolong the wait to make sure everything you need to know is in the thread before locking?

I prefer full flip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm going to make all my posts and bail out of this game. As soon as the game starts again!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

Don't do that I am making a system and poo poo to keep track of everything my main problem was I went into this with a physical notebook of roles and poo poo, and now that I am actually trying to run the game, I am like holy poo poo I wish I had something that I could just edit when ever I want.

Sorry, that wasn't meant as a criticism of the slow night! :) It was more about having half my posts gone and going out in a blaze of glory!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, so Jimson told me the dragon covenant vig I got wasn't just a one time thing. I apparently have it every night now, which makes me some kind of town super vig?

I guess it's limited by my role being to suicide after only so many votes tho.

Anyway, so I proceeded with the next lurker in the list, Meinberg kill was me.

I've kinda been responsible for a poo poo ton of town deaths at this point, so I get it if you want me gone. :) If so I'll make my posts and poof.

If you'd rather I prolong my posting for another day to keep purging lurkers tho, just say the word.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Scum Rarity and Pmom are afraid of my burly town powers apparently. :)

Why would I have revealed any of this stuff as 3p? That's insanity.

Feeling Rarity more.

##vote Rarity

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

ya it is. Theres no such thing as town serial killer.

##vote KB

Right. That's why I'm a town vig. Pig's reaction is probably real since he just tried to use a claim similar to this in another game, so it's pretty fresh for him.

Pinterest Mom posted:

KB is a serial killer pretending he's town, but hiding in plain sight by being helpful and killing lurkers and hoping that buys him credit.

You on the other hand, can't possibly believe this. What would be my goal/motivation for claiming like I have? I can't possibly survive to end game if I'm actually an SK by claiming that I have limited posts before I die and claiming that I have a nightly vig. It would be completely against an SK's win con to make these claims. This is a false opinion by scum who doesn't want to waste a kill on me so is hoping to have town do their dirty work. Or, I guess alternatively, you are scared that me killing off the handful of people below you in post count will expose your lurking? ;) Probably the first one.

Like, even the people that believe me would kill me before end game with this claim if I didn't off myself.

imgay posted:

Then why is hiip still alive

He actually has more posts then lots of people:

HiipFire 39
Puntification 38
Pinterest Mom 32
Moatillata 30
TheDonPeters 26
tpink 26
Harold Krell 22

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

No way. We ride this into the ground.

Vote Rarity for great justice!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

It would be really great if somebody wanted to make an actual case with these votes.

Says the person not casing anyone right now.

Make you think, huh?

C'mon folks, get to posting/voting. I can't cheer lead you forever!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Less than 3 hours left!

Votecount for Day 3

Rarity (5): Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, JakeP, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, JakeP, JakeP, CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver
King Burgundy (2): Pinterest Mom, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Rarity
Moatillata (1): Moatillata
TheDonPeters (1): Anomalous Amalgam, imgay, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (1): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, TheDonPeters
CapitalistPig (1): imgay, JakeP, JakeP, imgay, Tommunist
Puntification (1): HiipFire
Anomalous Amalgam (1): flerp
Tommunist (1): Puntification
imgay (0): imgay, imgay
JakeP (0): JakeP, JakeP
Pinterest Mom (0): HiipFire, Absurd Revolver, HiipFire, Absurd Revolver
flerp (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): Harold Krell, Mayor Glowku, tpink

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 01st, 2016 at noon PDT

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I killed a badguy. I'm declaring a personal victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I was super excited to be a town cult recruiter then I died N1 :rip:

Who killed me anyway?

I killed you for lurking. :)

• Locked thread