Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Did not click the link as I do not like Venetian Snares. His music sounds like dog poo poo to my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

2 sentences 2 wrong opinions it's like a perfect score!

It's one opinion and that opinion is that Venetian Snares sucks. I bought one of his records once and it was impossible to mix and no girls would dance to it. He's like the skrillex of jungle, except i've seen girls dancing to skrillex.

edit: before someone comes in and says its not jungle its breakcore, its all loving jungle and if you call it breakcore i already know its gonna be a poo poo tune

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Venetian Snares is the Mozart of music you heathen.

Eh. Some of his chops are okay.

edit: i clicked the link and listened a bit, garbage to my ears but i can appreciate that other people like it. the amens are just too stupid

Dubplate Fire fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 17, 2016

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

tenspott posted:

You're spending a lot of time defending your decision to not like poo poo. It's OK to say this sucks because it does.

i just like arguing about music, and yes this poo poo is trash

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

symbolic posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

it means that breakcore is just lovely jungle music

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

flerp posted:

it means suck his balls

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

symbolic posted:

okay, for someone who doesn't listen to this type of music, what the gently caress does this mean

Jungle is a diverse genre of music with a ton of offshoots. Breakcore is one of those offshoots and when I'm shopping for Jungle records I will immediately skip over anything labeled breakcore. It focuses way too much on speed and chopped, edited, and sliced drum breaks; completely overdoing it, making it difficult to follow or dance to. It is generally a very nerdy style of music and if you go see a breakcore event there will be very few women at said event.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

That's racist.

How so?

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Here is something that I would play or listen to.

https://soundcloud.com/jkenzo/01-cbr016-a-j-kenzo-skatta

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

hey this is rear end. i don't like venetian snares but i can at least appreciate that his music doesn't sound like something a 14 year old with serum would make.

u got any tunes i would love to hear em.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Fairly passive posted:

Where's the innovation/fun overlap in electronic music these days? I liked what Savant was doing to EDM a few years back but he seems to have gone off the boil.

There is not much innovation anymore, everyone just copies the poo poo from the 90s. I'm sick of hearing the amen, and I've never thought I'd say that.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

lil somethin special i whipped up for you
http://picosong.com/NMzV/

Alright, your opinion is poo poo.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Squarepusher sucks too. But NOT Aphex twin

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Welcome to my dorm. You're a frosh huh? Well I don't judge. Let me tell you about music. You see the thing about music is to do every sound exactly the same every time and to have no small human variabilities in the rhythm so that it is all meaningless. Unpleasant too! Here's a thirteen minute song made by someone with no internal (and certainly no external) editor. Listen to that Jim Jim! That's the essence of uninformed lazy self indulgence!

You just described Venetian Snares to a tee

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Bansky posted:

what kind of jungle are you into mate? are we talking DJ SS and 2 Bad Mice, Origin Unknown, old Metalheadz stuff or what? I don't know anything new so link me some of that if it's any cop

It's funny that you berate breakcore for being undanceable because that's EDM kids opinion on jungle, not that you're wrong

I like all the old stuff. Current DJ SS is trash though, basic rear end drum and bass. As for the new stuff, you should check out these labels Green Bay Wax, Bulletproof Wax and Alpha Cuts. Get started with that! I kind've agree that alot of jungle is kind've undanceable if you don't know how to properly rinse out the tunes though.

edit: Phat Bubba and Jungle Muffin are good too. Those are mostly vinyl only labels, though I think Green Bay Wax does digital releases too.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

a dope tune

https://soundcloud.com/phatbubbarecords/a1-bazia-cant-explain

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

i think technically that means no girls would dance to you

Well I never actually played it out. I listened to it once and said to myself "no girls would ever dance to this" and then put it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Stuntman posted:

i used to like venetian snares, but then i started highschool
plus all of his material post-filth (filth was also very bad) sucks doggy dick except for cubist reggae

Filth is the one I bought on a recommendation. gently caress that poo poo man.

• Locked thread