Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Hurr durr, what if it were the fashion for every house were surrounded by plants you had to cut short and tend every weekend? You've been working hard at your job all week, so of course the first thing you want to do on your day off is sweat like a pig pushing a loud machine around for hours. DUrrrrr *shits pants*" -The jackass who invented lawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Somebody please make it fashionable for American homes to have paved terraces that require no care other than an occasional hosing down. TIA.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think lawns are pretty cool, but I have a riding mower so I can't really empathize with your pain.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

My mower even has a beer holder built right into the frame, its pretty awesome if I do say so myself (and I do).

feller
Jul 5, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

My mower even has a beer holder built right into the frame, its pretty awesome if I do say so myself (and I do).

so does my lawn chair

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

You know what else has a beer-holder? The table next to my couch, which is indoors and air conditioned.

Yes I'm sure a riding mower makes the onerous task of lawnmowing less unpleasant, but I still can't imagine it being something I'd do voluntarily.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i personally take advantage of underpaid labor of unknown nationality for my lawncare needs

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
MY man, did you check ou tthe yard thread?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Applewhite posted:

"Hurr durr, what if it were the fashion for every house were surrounded by plants you had to cut short and tend every weekend? You've been working hard at your job all week, so of course the first thing you want to do on your day off is sweat like a pig pushing a loud machine around for hours. DUrrrrr *shits pants*" -The jackass who invented lawns.

Look at this poor that doesn't have a team of mexicans who do the landscaping every week.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I've been saying this poo poo my entire life. And that's not even getting into the massive waste of fresh water that goes into lawn care nor the chemical run off that poisons the oceans and lakes

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Fallows posted:

i personally take advantage of underpaid labor of unknown nationality for my lawncare needs
This is the only way to go.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Oh cool. Maybe I'll post a picture of mine sometime!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I bought a high pressure water cleaner today and cleaned the heck out of my patio and boy let me tell you - the result was underwhelming and I got very wet.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I let my lawn grow my pubic hair: a jungle from which many enter but few return from

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
My front yard is a rock garden and my back yard is a patio.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I wish it wasn't against the law to grow food instead of lawns.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i tell you fwhat

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

I've been saying this poo poo my entire life. And that's not even getting into the massive waste of fresh water that goes into lawn care nor the chemical run off that poisons the oceans and lakes

See? They're bad for the environment on top of being a lovely idea. Down with lawns, I say.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Minimalist Program posted:

I bought a high pressure water cleaner today and cleaned the heck out of my patio and boy let me tell you - the result was underwhelming and I got very wet.

let me guess electric and w/o a surface cleaner

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have a gardener OP.

But then I am British. I found a hedgehog once in the back garden. They do NOT like coco-pops.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:agreed:

Lawns are so boring, too. Plant a loving garden or something, at least have a real use for your wasted water if you're going to go through the effort.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Sometimes I put sea shells or cool minerals or sometimes fossils in my front yard for neighbors to enjoy, because I live in a walkable neighborhood in close proximity to a nice commercial district where there are some cool casual bars where people don't get too rowdy.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015
Why can't they engineer a strain of grass that only grows to like an inch high?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
That's why I'm glad I live on a dense old street with not a yard in sight. Or earshot.
Any place with lots of yards erupts into a cacophony of lawnmowers, weed wackers, and God only knows what else every loving weekend. Of course I live near some tracks and the whole house shakes on a regular basis but whatevv.

Just get a goat if you have a yard.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Last summer I set up my grill on the front yard and gave out free BBQ and sous vide vegetables to anybody who was walking by who wanted to have some free food. I was listening to German hiphop with the sound turned up so that everybody could really feel the music while hanging out in front of my house.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I only cut my lawn every other week. Sometimes I let it go longer though, because the houses are way too close, and my neighbor on the one side is a psycho with a very specific strain of autism triggered by lawns growing. He cuts his every other day and he gets so irrationally pissed about it if I dare let mine grow even a single inch.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I enjoy mowing my lawn, its relaxing. I also have a huge garden in my back yard where I grow hops and fruit and vegetables and poo poo. I guess if you're too lazy to have a yard you should live in an apartment like a pleb.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I loving love lawns. Buy a riding lawn mower and get drunk as gently caress with no shirt on, riding around all attractive like for the ladies.

This year I'm tearing out all of the landscaping around my house, getting a few tons of dirt, regrading around the house then replacing the mulch and putting in new perenials.

gently caress YEAH.

On the flippity though I think the spruce out front is dying. Something is killing all of the spruces in central Ohio, I don't know what it is but they're getting crushed right now like those rear end in a top hat bugs destroyed all of the ash trees.

So gently caress no to that. I will be super pissed if I have to cut down and replace it with some stupid goddamn magnolias or a row of boxwood turd shrubs.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
If you knew me, you'd probably want to come see my front yard or maybe sit on one of the big rocks and read a book there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm ok with riding my lawn mower around on a warm sunning day, but gently caress weeding.

gently caress weeding right in it's gay rear end.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

I'm ok with riding my lawn mower around on a warm sunning day, but gently caress weeding.

gently caress weeding right in it's gay rear end.

The only time I have ever seriously injured my back was from trying to pull weeds out of a ditch because the dumb whore that owned my house before me put a garden in a loving DRAINAGE SWALE.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Fallows posted:

let me guess electric and w/o a surface cleaner

Yes and no, respectively. IT was also a 100 bucks and Im a retarded man who should not be trusted with any kind of power equipment.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

cover it in pine straw and call it good imo

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Keg posted:

Last summer I set up my grill on the front yard and gave out free BBQ and sous vide vegetables to anybody who was walking by who wanted to have some free food. I was listening to German hiphop with the sound turned up so that everybody could really feel the music while hanging out in front of my house.

noice, I would definitely have stopped for some free BBQ and hung out for a bit, had I been in the area at the time. But I would also definitely have had my kid/family with me and they would have bothered you and made it uncomfortable after a while.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Blue Train posted:

cover it in pine straw and call it good imo

Don't post my morning genital area hygiene routine in GBS thanks.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

As someone who lives on 10 acres, condolences for your tiny yard people mad about lawns.

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Make the lawn area really gloomy so it all turns into lush green moss. No cutting ever.

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
It's usually pretty relaxing and satisfying to spend a few hours outside on a nice day making your home look better. Not everyone wants to sit inside when it's nice outside. Or you can just pay to have it done

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

big grass, big lawnmower, and big fertilizer have colluded in a conspiracy to convince people what lawns are a status symbol of wealth and success when its all just a ploy to steal your money and make people self-conscious that neighbors will see each others lawns and one-up each other with dumb poo poo

die lawn, die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah but lawnmowers vibrate so much the beer turns flat real quick

• Locked thread