Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
buh?
kill yourself
kill yourself
View Results

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Why no murder? Are you being difficult on purpose dad ??

Hmm try swapping his beer with piss might work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
By manning up, realizing the disease model is a joke made to shift blame and profit off of people that make concious decisions to have no discipline or self control

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

By manning up, realizing the disease model is a joke made to shift blame and profit off of people that make concious decisions to have no discipline or self control

are you saying he wants to be this way? why the gently caress would anyone want to stumble through life in a drunken stupor??? :confused:

sounds like we are whistling past the graveyard here, people. lets get down to brass tacks.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

are you saying he wants to be this way? why the gently caress would anyone want to stumble through life in a drunken stupor??? :confused:

sounds like we are whistling past the graveyard here, people. lets get down to brass tacks.

I'll run an idea up the flagpole and see who salutes:

Have you tried a serum that gives him crippling arthritis so he can no longer grasp a beer bottle?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What if were to visit the alligators at the zoo and could connect their scaly skin to the inner pain his scaled over heart feels?

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
steal his alcohol and tie him up and drink it slowly like a liquor commercial in front of him and assure him he wasn't enjoying it enough to deserve it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you tried putting headphones on his head while he's sleeping and then connecting the headphones to a record player that is playing subliminal messages about quitting drinking?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Hit him with your fuckin car, OP

BowreeBookstore
Oct 29, 2015
"hey dude, wanna do a line"
"sure bro" snnnnttt, "ICK"
"HAHAH that was Antabuse lush, NO MORE BOOZE FOR YOU!"
"NOoooOO!"

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

BowreeBookstore posted:

"hey dude, wanna do a line"
"sure bro" snnnnttt, "ICK"
"HAHAH that was Antabuse lush, NO MORE BOOZE FOR YOU!"
"NOoooOO!"

true story i was on antabuse one time in college and i just kept on drinking. it made me turn red and an my heart would go really fast and probably scarred my liver . nice try, antabuse :smug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i, er, mean my friend did that

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

With Naltrexone use, OP.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
A real friend would become an alcoholic too in order to understand his point of view at least

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

the trump tutelage posted:

an alcoholic can stop drinking but they can never stop being an alcoholic, sorry op

give yourself up to the higher power, joe pesci

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

dad gay. so what posted:

all i have is a serum of deafness +3 :(

Why don't you deafen him but the last thing you tell him is that alcohol is illegal but now since he's deaf nobody can tell him differently?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You could get a job as a bartender. Then you would no longer be an alcoholic, you would be a professional!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
trip report: I'm Gray

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
A guy I worked with killed himself drinking on antabuse. I got drunk Saturday and it's Monday morning and I'm still kind of hung over. I never took the plunge from "problem drinker" to full alcoholic, though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just do some speed so you dont have to worry about passing out and you can just drink 24/7

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Goatfather posted:

just do some speed so you dont have to worry about passing out and you can just drink 24/7

The eventual hangover from this is so bad that words can't even begin to describe it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

The eventual hangover from this is so bad that words can't even begin to describe it.

pls try :allears:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Speed makes you not sleep for a very long time and shrug off the effects of alcohol. When I was an idiot 18 year old living in a dorm who liked to drink and chase ladies, my roommate suggested to me to try some speed after a night of drinking so I could make it to class. Seeing as how I never saw him in class or pretty much do anything of value, ever, I decided to try it. I never made it to class, but I did continue to drink the entire next morning, afternoon and night. I think I went to be at 3am. I consumed nothing but speed and booze over a 36 hour period. The next day was some sort of hell I can barely describe. Sinuses on fire from snorting speed, head pounding, intense nausea, entire body tremors, etc. Also, the cafeteria was closed already and I was broke and without food until the next morning. Just thinking about how bad that was makes my hangover today feel better.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Try addressing the original character flaws, then they won't need some crutch or am escapist chemical to forgot your flaws.

And forgive yourself OP, for you know not what you do

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Open a liquour store op and refuse to sell your friend anything but the above mentioned serums. Disguise them in shooter bottles (99cent kind).

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

Speed makes you not sleep for a very long time and shrug off the effects of alcohol. When I was an idiot 18 year old living in a dorm who liked to drink and chase ladies, my roommate suggested to me to try some speed after a night of drinking so I could make it to class. Seeing as how I never saw him in class or pretty much do anything of value, ever, I decided to try it. I never made it to class, but I did continue to drink the entire next morning, afternoon and night. I think I went to be at 3am. I consumed nothing but speed and booze over a 36 hour period. The next day was some sort of hell I can barely describe. Sinuses on fire from snorting speed, head pounding, intense nausea, entire body tremors, etc. Also, the cafeteria was closed already and I was broke and without food until the next morning. Just thinking about how bad that was makes my hangover today feel better.

Sounds like you were "walking on eggshells!"

RoxiesMD
Oct 20, 2013

by LadyAmbien
You stop drinking alcohol by starting being a loser lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Fill a bunch of those carbon gas canisters with your farts and then use them to carbonate all the beer in his house. He will drink some of his beer and spit it out in disgust! When every beer he tries has the same bad flavor, he'll think his beer is spoiled and go to the store to get more. The joke is on him, you swapped all the beer in the store with bottles full of your "special" carbonation.

He will think beer tastes bad and qive up on it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you tried accelerating him to within a fraction of the speed of light, OP? From your perspective, it will slow down his drinking significantly. You will grow old and die in the time it takes him to lift a beer to his lips.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Get him pregnant so he has to stop drinking for the sake of your unborn child.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

You should probably figure out what to eat for lunch before helping your drunk friend.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Have you tried accelerating him to within a fraction of the speed of light, OP? From your perspective, it will slow down his drinking significantly. You will grow old and die in the time it takes him to lift a beer to his lips.

how do i do this? some sort of serum i assume? :rolleyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
today is the first day of the rest of your life, op

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

being an alcoholic sucks balls, and once an alchi, always an alchi. i havent had a drink in over two years, no beer, wine, mouthwash, nothing, but if i really think about it i still love getting drunk. its hosed up and i should probably just smoke weed

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going to try and not get drunk today ive been drinking too much recently

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
According to scientists and doctors it is a disease without cure.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
LSD therapy sometimes works. And if it doesn't, at least your friend got to trip

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

LSD therapy sometimes works. And if it doesn't, at least your friend got to trip

i stopped taking acid a long time ago because it made me drink too much. ahem, i mean my friend did

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

im pooping! posted:

being an alcoholic sucks balls, and once an alchi, always an alchi. i havent had a drink in over two years, no beer, wine, mouthwash, nothing, but if i really think about it i still love getting drunk. its hosed up and i should probably just smoke weed

I'll drink to this!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'll drink to this!

cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
your friend should try a 12-step program. Thanks to their abysmally low success rate, he won't have to blame himself for his inevitable failure and relapse. it's all the system's fault

• Locked thread