Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Funniest line of the night?
This poll is closed.
"We're like A Cups. We're real whether you like us or not." -Enzo Amore 151 62.14%
"AJ Styles is gonna try to outwrestle me but that's not gonna work." - Roman Reigns 92 37.86%
Total: 243 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

AJ Styles will yoga himself into immortality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Ostentatious posted:

rofl are they actually going to turn aj styles?? one of their most over faces???

yeah theyre going to turn aj styles by introducing his massively over and cheered stable of badasses and having them attack the most booed man in the company. thats how you turn a guy heel

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
they had time to edit the sound on raw in even a small way and they didn't. roman's boos are as loud as theyve ever been. the man is a heel.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

there are no faces or heels everyone is just one big gigantic grey cloud of tweenin'

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Under the vegetable posted:

they had time to edit the sound on raw in even a small way and they didn't. roman's boos are as loud as theyve ever been. the man is a heel.

They added the hair dryer cheers to some of the matchup graphics when the crowd was dead, too.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I said top five. Which is fine. Say they turn Roman. Your top five faces are:

Cena
Rollins
Ambrose
Cesaro/Orton
Styles

That's fine. Good, even. With Sami in the mix too presumably.

Foochs, I love you and I love Dean Ambrose, but he is not a top face in WWE. I don't know how much clearer they can make this fact, they pounded it into our heads starting at Fastlane when he got approximately zero offense and ate the pinfall for the two REAL stars, and didn't stop until Brock squashed him like he was Kofi Kingston at WRESTLEMANIA. He's an upper midcarder at absolute best. He's the second coming of Dolph Ziggler and/or Christian.

You're also assuming a hell of a lot to assume they have the brains to bring Rollins back as a face. I'm at least 75% sure that they won't.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sanguinia posted:

Foochs, I love you and I love Dean Ambrose, but he is not a top face in WWE. I don't know how much clearer they can make this fact, they pounded it into our heads starting at Fastlane when he got approximately zero offense and ate the pinfall for the two REAL stars, and didn't stop until Brock squashed him like he was Kofi Kingston at WRESTLEMANIA. He's an upper midcarder at absolute best. He's the second coming of Dolph Ziggler and/or Christian.

You're also assuming a hell of a lot to assume they have the brains to bring Rollins back as a face. I'm at least 75% sure that they won't.

They still put him in the in top programs even if they book him to lose, which means he's a top face.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wasn't the plan for Rollins to disband the Authority? So it's possible for him to come back as a face.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Under the vegetable posted:

What part of "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy." do you not understand?

Roman isn't a heel. He's a lovely face that gets booed, but they refuse to turn him heel and instead do this incredibly lame "boo me or cheer me, just respect me" poo poo that only barely works for John Cena and absolutely does not work for Roman. They won't actually turn him heel because Vince is a loving senile idiot.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

They still put him in the in top programs even if they book him to lose, which means he's a top face.

He stinks now

But they're going to build him up so when Roman forms the Roman Clubb at Payback reigns can murder him for a few months

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The fact that people have to argue over whether Roman is heel or not probably indicates that he is not a heel.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Dimebags Brain posted:

The fact that people have to argue over whether Roman is heel or not indicates what an extraordinarily lovely job they've done with booking him.

Fixed that for you.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Dimebags Brain posted:

The fact that people have to argue over whether Roman is heel or not probably indicates that he is not a heel.
Roman Reigns is actually the top heel in the company, even if creative has yet to realize it.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
On recommendation from the gameday thread I listened to Enzo and Cass on the Stone Cold Podcast. Enzo is a hell of a smart guy. Lazy, too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

I said he's a top five face and you're a massive dingus to think otherwise.

Also you're an even bigger dingus to think they won't have Rollins be a face. Attention idiots: they were going to turn him EVEN BEFORE the injury.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, Rollins is absolutely coming back as a face and Dean is absolutely a top 5 face in the company despite his garbage booking.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah, Rollins is absolutely coming back as a face and Dean is absolutely a top 5 face in the company despite his garbage booking.

Thank you. I'm not saying he's booked well, I'm saying WWE obviously considers him very high in the face rankings.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also you're an even bigger dingus to think they won't have Rollins be a face. Attention idiots: they were going to turn him EVEN BEFORE the injury.

Yeah you're all idiots for not being able to predict WWE's notoriously logical and sensible booking regarding big names

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Also, did Kevin Owens yell "I LOVE MASTURBATING!" to the crowd?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

SomeMathGuy posted:

Roman Reigns is actually the top heel in the company, even if creative has yet to realize it.

exactly. roman himself might not be aware but he's the biggest heel this company has had in many years

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cornwind Evil posted:

Also, did Kevin Owens yell "I LOVE MASTURBATING!" to the crowd?

Yes.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

When there's a power gap of 50 between the top two and the other three, top five isn't exactly impressive.

Also Brock is a face, he is booked that way, presented that way and treated that way by the audience with relative consistency. And New Day are faces, so they as a unit are also above Dean in the pecking order.

Unless you think Dean is going to remain elevated over Orton upon his return, or that AJ is going to be turned/depushed as soon as his title program is over, that puts Dean at 6th. 7th is you include Rollins on the starry-eyed hope that they have the brains to bring him back face in the face of a Mania where they intentionally did the opposite of everything people wanted. And that's also discounting Undertaker and Rock due to their more-extreme-than-Brock part-time nature.

You can call me names all you want, but denial isn't going to make Dean any more important. If he comes out of this Jericho program both winning and moving on to something actually important instead of another filler feud, a heel turn or pointed at a midcard title because he's not on the Top Belt's level anymore, I'll happily eat my words. But I don't believe he will.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Brock doesn't really fit into the top 5 face category. His alignment is basically "Motaro"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thank you. I'm not saying he's booked well, I'm saying WWE obviously considers him very high in the face rankings.

I don't even think the WWE Powers That Be dislike him. They just want to make sure we know he's beneath that very top echelon that Roman, Brock and, yes, Rollins, occupy. They could very easily just book him strongly against the upper midcarders but insist on constantly clowning him to the "real" main eventers. Which is yet another reason to hate Roman. The shittiness of Dean/Brock at Mania is almost 100% due to trying to make Roman look strong, despite the fact that he had nothing to do with the match.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

That DICK! posted:

Brock doesn't really fit into the top 5 face category. His alignment is basically "Motaro"

If you're going by audience reaction and booking, Brock is 100% one of the top three faces. Maybe they try to treat him more like a Force Of Nature, but its fairly obvious that the crowd doesn't see him that way and WWE knows that they don't, otherwise they would make him and Heyman more overtly villainous as they were before Seth MITB'd his belt.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah but he's never around. If you're going purely based on audience pop Austin is still the top face

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

That DICK! posted:

Yeah but he's never around. If you're going purely based on audience pop Austin is still the top face

Brock was around a LOT this year. He was on a ton of Raws, more PPVs than ever, and even at least one Smackdown. He's far beyond the level of the other part timers at least, certainly far beyond where he was as Champion two years ago when he had I think a total of four matches and not even a segment on each Raw that led to them. I think its fair to consider him part of the regular roster/heirarchy at this point, which is why I discounted Taker and Rock.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Romans promo was honestly pretty heelish tonight. He disparaged the new people in WWE and refered to himself as the Roman Empire as the fans booed him.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Dean is definitely a top 5 singles face, but with the hierarchy of Cena & Roman at the very top two the drop to 3 and lower is precipitous as all hell.

Dean is the new Foley, but unfortunately the gap between him and Cena/Reigns is bigger than Mankind's to Rock/Austin.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The_Rob posted:

Romans promo was honestly pretty heelish tonight. He disparaged the new people in WWE and refered to himself as the Roman Empire as the fans booed him.

"Roman Empire" is basically his version of "Cenation" and "The Champ Is Here", it's probably not intended to be heel, even if it comes off that way.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

"Roman Empire" is basically his version of "Cenation" and "The Champ Is Here", it's probably not intended to be heel, even if it comes off that way.

Yeah I get that, but when he is trying to call his fans an empire as he is being heavily booed it comes off as delusional.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like at least John Cena could at least pull off the Cenation poo poo because even though there were boos you could still hear a lot of cheers.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I get that, but when he is trying to call his fans an empire as he is being heavily booed it comes off as delusional.

:agreed:, Roman's delivery of it is pretty bad.

It's amazing how a guy who used to ooze silent charisma can't make something like that sound cool. Nash probably would have made something silly like "Diesel's Dominion" get over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He should institute a Pax Romana. Anyone who fights except him gets punched and speared, every match ends with Roman destroying both guys. That'll get him cheered, just think of how strong he'll look!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"Roman Empire" is lamer than my 12 year old self making a stable of create-a-wrestlers in Wrestlemania 2000 called "The Cool Dudes."

Jesus.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shane O Mac is definitely top face atm

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shinjobi posted:

"Roman Empire" is lamer than my 12 year old self making a stable of create-a-wrestlers in Wrestlemania 2000 called "The Cool Dudes."

Jesus.

I'd mark for a stable called the cool dudes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I'd mark for a stable called the cool dudes.

what about big dogs

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

smell this posted:

what about big dogs

Only If they wore big dog shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
EDIT: ^^^ :argh: