Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
how does a curb scrape your rims instead of the sidewall and how does a full set of tires only cost $500 in OH SORRY FORGOT you drive on shopping cart wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

Right ! why does everything have to be an up-sell with these places. It makes you want to avoid them and hate the people working there. Why can't it be like shopping at a grocery store. Go in, get what you want and get out without being harassed by salespeople

if it's a franchise place the service writer and the mechanics are under tremendous pressure to meet some arbitrary per-ticket average price

I knew a guy that managed a quick-lube place and if they didn't hit $70 on every ticket (three times the cost of an oil change) he would actually have to call his district manager and explain why he failed to upsell the ticket to $70. if he averaged below $70 for more than a week or two they would fire him.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Revenants Return posted:

you're an absolute madman OP. do you have winter wheels or switch the tires every time?

nah they're on some cheapo black-painted steelies

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Sheep-Goats posted:

I haven't hit a curb since I was 17 you buffoon

whoflungpoop posted:

how does a curb scrape your rims instead of the sidewall and how does a full set of tires only cost $500 in OH SORRY FORGOT you drive on shopping cart wheels

what in the absolute christ....have I been trolled? the wheels are small because the tires are big balloons to conquer mountains with.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Monkey Fracas posted:

nah they're on some cheapo black-painted steelies

Thats the ticket OP.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

how you gonna conquer mountains when 4inch urban concrete hills got your rims throwing sparks

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

if it's a franchise place the service writer and the mechanics are under tremendous pressure to meet some arbitrary per-ticket average price

I knew a guy that managed a quick-lube place and if they didn't hit $70 on every ticket (three times the cost of an oil change) he would actually have to call his district manager and explain why he failed to upsell the ticket to $70. if he averaged below $70 for more than a week or two they would fire him.

Jesus! Whoever comes up with this poo poo is no better than an ISIS member. That sounds like some nightmarish existence.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol my tires cost $1200 last time and its a car OP get bent

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

whoflungpoop posted:

how you gonna conquer mountains when 4inch urban concrete hills got your rims throwing sparks

lol actually it was this wall near my hosed up driveway. long story. but BELIEVE these tires will make you do a double take like ?wha? monster truck? wha/>>?>>

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol my tires cost $1200 last time and its a car OP get bent

sounds like you got boned Op. Brand?car they went on?we need details

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
these tires are making my eyes bug out like homer simpson confusing them for a donut! absolute beauties! Im ecstatic!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Revenants Return posted:

lol actually it was this wall near my hosed up driveway. long story. but BELIEVE these tires will make you do a double take like ?wha? monster truck? wha/>>?>>

if you think your suv can out-tire my(ish) truck then we gotta settle this the only way we can

im on mr poops insurance card i have nothing to lose and a point to prove so i will see you SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY at the alabama thunderdome

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Not sure where I stand on the smell of tire places. I don't not like it. :shrug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lotta bitchmade goons getting ripped off on tires itt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Revenants Return posted:

these tires are making my eyes bug out like homer simpson confusing them for a donut! absolute beauties! Im ecstatic!

congrats OP enjoy the smooth ride on fresh supple rubber when you leave

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

bradzilla posted:

lotta bitchmade goons getting ripped off on tires itt

you're not talking about me I trust.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Revenants Return posted:

you're not talking about me I trust.

nah, the ones crying about how cheap your tires are

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

op has 16" rimz on an suv loving lol

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Chinatown posted:

congrats OP enjoy the smooth ride on fresh supple rubber when you leave

Kudos!

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Kuato posted:

Not sure where I stand on the smell of tire places. I don't not like it. :shrug:

i love the smell of tire places :3: if they sold bottles of that smell i would buy one every time

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

fyodor posted:

op has 16" rimz on an suv loving lol

uhh. thats the proper size OP. They look normal. The tires are big and cool instead of skinny fail tires that look like they belong on a "luxury" sedan.

I tried to upload a pic but imager is blocked by the web filter.

try doing a google image search of 2002 pathfinder.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
the guy is doing something with a torch under my car. Looks like its on the alignment machine or whatever. (very sophisticated). The tires are simply stunning. absolute trump walls.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
cool thread i have tires on my car, i can relate

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Revenants Return posted:

sounds like you got boned Op. Brand?car they went on?we need details

No, it was a good price. 225/40/19 and 245/40/19s I don't remember the model tire but they are Michelins and really excellent ultra summer all weathers. Another sobering detail is they will probably last 18 months. I used to have to change yearly on other cars, I probably averaged close to 1k a set for the last 10 years. Chepaest ever was $600 and they were so bad I never regretted tires so bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Revenants Return posted:

the guy is doing something with a torch under my car. Looks like its on the alignment machine or whatever. (very sophisticated). The tires are simply stunning. absolute trump walls.

it uses lasers! lasers!

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

op needs to learn how to use op right.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I only buy Goodyear and they last forever. It's better than buying cheap tires that suck. Unless you're a suicidal NEET with no family to care about you. Carry on, then.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

I only buy Goodyear and they last forever. It's better than buying cheap tires that suck. Unless you're a suicidal NEET with no family to care about you. Carry on, then.

Don't forget the undercoating

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

poisonpill posted:

unless you are driving a loving race car or some other poo poo you are pretty much a huge moron buying super expensive tires hth

i like wasting money on stupid dumb poo poo but the most you're getting out of those high dollar tires is bragging rights for spending extra money on tires that you drive to work lol

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What about those 2nd hand tires ?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Hankook, the future of tires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYy2wI1G9vE

j/k i dont kknow about tires ha ha

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Alu wheels like to corrode funny. The angle grinder helps the bead seal so you don't get slow leaks.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Revenants Return posted:

Breaking free the jam nuts on your tie rods so they can be adjusted.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i had to toss my regular tires when i got my snow tires put on because they 'had no tread' or some dumb reason but now i need new regular tires even though my car is on its last legs

what i need are some tires for like 10 bucks that will probably last a year

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
next time I'm buying summer tires instead of all seasons because I put winter tires on anyways

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

vols bitch posted:

unless you are driving a loving race car or some other poo poo you are pretty much a huge moron buying super expensive tires hth

i like wasting money on stupid dumb poo poo but the most you're getting out of those high dollar tires is bragging rights for spending extra money on tires that you drive to work lol

actually if you enjoy driving and like to push it on the street, buying good tires is the best thing you can do.

It's way better than exhaust or a chip or whatever because everything your car does is done through the tires. if you are going to upgrade something they should be first

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Update; the Motherfukr car shakes like an absolute madman above 40 MPH .

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like you're starting to 'tire' of all this hassle

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Revenants Return posted:

loose muffler bearings :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Revenants Return posted:

so does your mom OP

• Locked thread