Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASb4aL2nrEI

Containment is an American miniseries, based on the Belgian TV series Cordon. The show was officially ordered as a series by The CW on May 7, 2015, and debuted on April 19, 2016. The series follows an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives.

Missed the pilot episode and still curious? Watch it here: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/containment/pilot/?play=9b5bfa64-43e9-4126-bc48-4c847832369e

My opinion after watching it: meh. I like that it's not another zombie flick and there's some realism to a deadly virus outbreak. There are many protagonists who are pretty much there to take you to the different aspects of the city-wide quarantine, but by the end of the episode I didn't really care much for them, at least not yet. Perhaps if there were less I would think it was better. There are already two who are showing a romantic interest, but I think I wanted to get to know them a little bit more than what was squeezed into the pilot episode. The effects that the virus does to people is done pretty well.

All in all I think I'll keep watching it and see where this goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

this show isn't going to build a fan base like iZombie, that's for sure.

I think there's been more misses than hits when it comes to American remakes of foreign TV shows, so I'm watching this with lowered expectations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it isn't a great impressive show but I'm digging it for what it is, regardless of its flaws

I'm getting some entertainment value out of it and that's what matters to me in the long run

• Locked thread