Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I wanted this to be good but it seems like they set the show during the least interesting part of the outbreak, so it just turned into a police/hospital procedural with some extra characters thrown in for flavor.

One episode pre-disaster? Sure. Set everyone up, show a little bit of everyone's life so we know where they came from. Two episodes? Okay, I mean, I guess they want us to empathize with what they lost and this lets us contrast their lives before everything went to poo poo with the present day where they're just trying to survive...

But it looks like this pre-game poo poo is just going to keep rolling, forever teasing us with the lead up. Lots of characters I don't care about doing things that don't matter, while the virus hangs out in the background.

I guess maybe I was wanting The Division: The TV show, and instead I got Grey's Anatomy: Outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Mooseontheloose posted:

Am I the only person watching this?

I'm still watching it too. It's starting to grow on me, but man the first two or three episodes were bland. I'm still waiting for the big reveal when we find out this is all a sadistic science experiment.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

I don't know why the CW didn't just make The Division: The TV Show, instead of remaking a Belgian TV series. It's essentially the same thing, and they would have had some added name recognition. Maybe Ubisoft didn't want to sell the tv rights. Or maybe it was just easier to rewrite an already written script. I dunno how close this was to the original.

• Locked thread