Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

TheDeviousOne posted:

My city does have noise regulations and he is 100% violating them at the hours he drives to work - enforcing these is incredibly tough as it requires a police officer to be parked near his house at the moment he leaves.
This is not true. Cops will lead you to believe it's true, but it's not. The DA (not the cops) needs evidence to prosecute the case. There are lots of ways to get that evidence including video recording, audio meters, and eyewitnesses. There is probably a community liaison officer for your area (your local PD probably calls them something different) who can help you with this. If not, call the DA's office and start asking questions. Call your councilperson's office, this is literally the kind of thing they do everyday. Call the mayor's office.

Look up the law. If the guy isn't violating the law, go back to bed and be annoyed. If he is, be a pain in the rear end until the city gets after him.

A 7' wooden fence will do basically nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

Scudworth posted:

The sound barriers they put beside highways near houses are taller than a 2 storey building and made of solid concrete slabs, that's gotta be your basis for this not a wood fence.
And when you stand on the other side of them, it sounds like you're standing next to a highway.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

TheDeviousOne posted:

Looks like I'm back to calling the police again.
Did you read any of the responses in this thread?

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

TheDeviousOne posted:

Also he and his wife have a total of 3 kids, something like 9, 4, and under 2 years of age. The car must be waking them when he starts it, so it's mind-boggling that the wife allows it.
Everybody I've ever lived near who had a perpetually barking dog, I've thought... I live next door and it drives me insane. How could anyone live in that house and not yell at the loving dog?

And yet... nothing.

Stupid people have a huge tolerance for noise.

• Locked thread