Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
THAT doesn't have to be done at the very beginning of the game. Getting another chance at it is an endgame secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Bruceski posted:

It's not the clouds. You'll know the "gently caress you Johnathan Blow" waiting game when you see it.

No, they're right about there being a waiting game in the clouds. It's not as bad because it lines up every 14 minutes but it's there. Of course you also have to find where to stand....

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Air is lava! posted:

I guess this means you missed a thing.

Yeah, you should go find out the point of getting all 11 lasers.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

LogicalFallacy posted:

You found the thing! Now you just need to cry yourself to sleep after solving all the puzzles down there (Spoilers:They do nothing.) and find the other thing. THe other thing will prompt even more crying and an intense burning hatred of a certain famous song.

And then if they manage to finish with the other thing, they get the OTHER other thing as a reward!

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

homphgomph posted:

I don't think we're going to 100% this game since it sounds like that's still kind of a mystery? Blow tweeted saying a puzzle count and even he was being like "oho! maybe there's more! hehehe." There are some things we (mostly I) want to accomplish, and then we'll probably call it an LP.

There's definitely a specific number that people are consistently hitting without going over (100% speed runs exist), so that's just Blow being Blow. It's not really worth it though; I'll be happy with all the "things" being shown off.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Since you're winding down the LP here's a couple non-Challenge related things:

-There's 3 audio logs in the area you wandered around in the last 5 minutes, 1 in the music room, 1 in the room with the box, 1 in the room with the cart full of sand

-Did you figure out what that non-movie puzzle in the box was for?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
One of the things I did to help with The Challenge is make sure my maze solution was really easy to remember. If I couldn't make an easy to remember solution on that pillar puzzle I would just go and reset because it was so close to the beginning. Another thing I remember doing was giving up if the second song started before I got to the second triangles puzzle, because I knew I would need a lot of time for the pillars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

The way I see it, that "secret ending" you get at the beginning is the actual ending, revealing that the island was a Matrix-type simulation. The intention is for the player to miss it the first time because they haven't been exposed to environmental puzzles yet, then if they get all the lasers and explore the caves they finally get the code to re-close the gate and realize what they missed (or they get a game reset via elevator and notice it that way).

• Locked thread